Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
    17x9 et26 in the rear with 20mm adapters? On an early body with fenders rolled flat. Hopeing to fit at least a 215/40.
    I think it's just a touch too much. A 205/40 has a good chance of working though.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPO THE BARBARIAN View Post
      Im lookin to get new wheels for the girlie and im thinkin xxrs but dont know which ones yet . i do know that im going to be getting 17's but dont really know the difference(if that noticeable) in 17x8.25 or 17x9.75 .. im pretty new to upgrading my car and ive read over a bunch of post but still dont really understand it .. like what is a 17x8.25 +20mm ?! lol ive got an 87 325is with gc coilovers with 2 in off the struts with 450/650 and would very much please like some guidance
      17x8.25 +20 all around and 215/40/17 tires will fit and work well.

Comment

Originally posted by DDKing13 View Post
        Just got a staggered set of wheels, but i'm a little concerned about the rears. The rear wheels are 17x8.5 et 41. Will these fit on the car? I also need to get adapters, so I will probably be buying the thinnest adapters that 42draftdesigns has available. If somebody could please help me out with these asap, i'd appreciate it!
        With 18mm adapters you will be at +23, which is pretty much perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by strang3majik View Post
          Mystikal...first off, I appreciate any help you can give in advance...

but, I am going with an m60, so, I want some wide tires to hold the power, also, I'm going with e46 m3 brakes and a 5 lug swap, so, I will need at least 17" wheels.

So, 17" wheels with the widest tire possible. The rear will remain at stock e30 placement, however, the front will be 12mm further outward from stock e30 placement due to the hub adapters.

I can raise the car if need be, but, I'm trying to run a 245 or 255 on the rear and a 235 up front...

what offsets can you recommend and are my tire size goals with 17s out of the question?

My rear fenders are already rolled, fronts can be if needed.

Thank you.
          17x8 +35 235/40 front (effective +23)
          17x8.5 +30 245/40 rear

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
            I'm lining up a set of 16x8 +20s. I'm running a reasonable amount of neg camber (actual amount not known), unrolled guards. Not that low.
            I should be able to fit 225s all things being equal, yeah?
            225/45s at the tallest and with rolled rear fenders. Unless it's an early car then no roll.

Comment

can I run 15x8's without spacers?
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Got a late model e30, looking to run redrilled e39 style 5's with a 10mm spacer. Will 215 40 17 tires be fine with a roll?
                Originally posted by csermonet47
                Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                  can I run 15x8's without spacers?
                  If it's +20 or lower, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by blck325is View Post
                    Got a late model e30, looking to run redrilled e39 style 5's with a 10mm spacer. Will 215 40 17 tires be fine with a roll?
                    No, 205/40s are ideal for that fitment.

Comment

Just for interest's sake, I bought some 16x8 +20s last night. The lip of the wheel on the front is about 5mm away from the strut. Is this normal?
                      sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

cool link

If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I have some 17x8.5" et13 wheels. Will these fit with a E30 M3 five lug swap? I was thinking either 225/35 or 215/40, going on an early model with only a mild drop.
                          My Feedback

Comment

Undoubtedly answered prior....

BBS RC090's 17x8 et20 will be running 18mm adaptors. Lowered real good on coils.

Comment

Looking into building a set of CCW wheels and want to make sure I get things right from the beginning. Just picked up a 1988 325ic last night with an M30 swap. Hopefully you guys can lend some insight and see if i'm headed in the right direction.

What i'm thinking : 17" wheels, staggered fitment, minimal rubbing, minimal stretch

I was thinking 17x7 in the front with 1" lips, and 17x8 or 8.5's in the rear with 2 or 2.5" lips. from some reading it looks like my offsets need to be between 20 & 25 et. tire sizes recommendations would be great also.

Thanks in advance

Would also be interested in tire sizes for the same setup in 16's.
                              Last edited by rds4129; 10-06-2014, 04:52 PM. Reason: Added 16" option

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                                Just for interest's sake, I bought some 16x8 +20s last night. The lip of the wheel on the front is about 5mm away from the strut. Is this normal?
                                Yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X