Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I could fit 225/50/16s on a 16x9 et 15 under a late model vert with some rolling? Having trouble finding decent 225/45/16s.

Thanks in advance!
    1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Dude 225/45 direzza Z2's^

Comment

Originally posted by mikebloco View Post
        I understand making the rear tire size a tad bigger but is it necessary. What about 205/50's on a et10 offset all around ?
        Too low of an offset to run a stock diameter tire. 205/45s would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
          Think I could fit 225/50/16s on a 16x9 et 15 under a late model vert with some rolling? Having trouble finding decent 225/45/16s.

Thanks in advance!
          Dude 225/45 direzza Z2's^
          Nailed it. Also check onlinetires.com for all oddball sizes they tend to have weird shit.

Comment

Dude. You rock. If only they made Z2's in 205/45. At least I still have the Z1's to play with

Comment

16x8.5 et+14 (originally +24) all around with 10mm spacers. 205/45R16 all around.

Car is a late model coupe on the GroundControl coilover conversion kit so it wont be slammed.

Can you tell me what my clearances will be? Will i run into any wheel/tire travel issues with the arches?
              Last edited by MPLFoster; 04-16-2015, 07:53 AM.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Dude. You rock. If only they made Z2's in 205/45. At least I still have the Z1's to play with
                Haha thanks. I'm in the same boat, running a discontinued (265/40/17) Z1 SS size. When they're finally dead I'll have to downsize a bit. Womp womp.

Comment

Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
                  16x8.5 et+14 (originally +24) all around with 10mm spacers. 205/45R16 all around.

Car is a late model coupe on the GroundControl coilover conversion kit so it wont be slammed.

Can you tell me what my clearances will be? Will i run into any wheel/tire travel issues with the arches?
                  Just need a rear fender roll. Tight but safe. There's a small range of what I call "perfect fitment" and those land right in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Just need a rear fender roll. Tight but safe. There's a small range of what I call "perfect fitment" and those land right in the middle.

You're the man, man. Thanks again for all the help. :)

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Yeah I changed routes going with 16x8's all around et10 offset. 5mm spacer in the front and 3mm in the back. I'll probably go with H&R super sports springs still debating on the race springs. Whenever I get them I'll just phone book the fenders ahaha.

Comment

Perfect. 205/45 front 225/40 rear is ideal. If you have trouble finding the rear size 215/45 works also.
                        Oops so the 16x8's will be et25. The 16x9's will be et15. Aside from spacers will I run into any other issues?

Comment

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by essi1553 View Post
                          My brain melted after 32 pages...
                          Can I get a set of 15x7.5 with a 32 offset to fit my 89 325i lowered on h&r race springs?

I don't mind spacers but fender rolling is out of the question.
                          (tire size is 195/50/15)

Depends on the thickness of the sidewall protector on the tire. I'd say you have a 50/50 shot, but even if it cleared it would be by a hair.

Cheap safe choice: 3mm front spacers, keep everything else
                          Better safe choice: 15mm spacers and extended bolts all around

This pretty much answers my question, but I'd like to run at least a 205 wide tire. I'm looking to buy a set of Konig Rollers - same specs as essi1553.

Just a matter of more wheel spacer?
                          1989 325i Lachssilber Sedan
                          5-Speed Swapped
                          M30B35 Swapped
                          MegaSquirt MS3X

1987 325i Lachssilber Sedan
                          260k OEM Automatic Daily Baby

Comment

Any tire recommendations brand wise for 16x8/16x9, very limited selection in 205/45, 215/45, or 225/40/16 the sizes that were recommended before.

Comment

Originally posted by Orbmvf View Post
                              Oops so the 16x8's will be et25. The 16x9's will be et15. Aside from spacers will I run into any other issues?
                              15mm front spacers and 205/45 tires all around to clear everything nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by EatsHondas View Post
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by essi1553 View Post
                                My brain melted after 32 pages...
                                Can I get a set of 15x7.5 with a 32 offset to fit my 89 325i lowered on h&r race springs?

I don't mind spacers but fender rolling is out of the question.
                                (tire size is 195/50/15)

This pretty much answers my question, but I'd like to run at least a 205 wide tire. I'm looking to buy a set of Konig Rollers - same specs as essi1553.

Just a matter of more wheel spacer?
                                15mm spacers all around and 205/50s. Would fit great.

Comment

Working...
                                X