Is this e30 worth 9.5k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this e30 worth 9.5k?

Hi, first post here just wanted peoples feedback. My Uncle has a 87 manual vert that has 0 rust and has been garage kept a lot of its life. It has 108k miles but the odometer broke. I was really interested in buying this car but not sure if 9.5k is way too much. I live in the Northeast and it’s hard to find verts up here in general. I’ve attached some pictures of the car, please let me know if you think 9.5k is too much, thanks!

Find a new uncle.

Comment

$9.5k seems like the top of the market for that car. Missing trim, cracked dash, bad rear window, high-ish mileage, bottlecap wheels.

He's definitely not giving you the friends and family discount.
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

might be the family drunkle ...

Comment

I'd pass for 9.5k for a vert lol

I always see verts for sale for crackhead prices, but everyone I know with a vert paid virtually nothing for it.
          I think random non-enthusiasts think the verts are more desirable and command a premium.
          I think most e30 guys and enthusiasts in general don't want anything to do with a vert unless it's extremely cheap.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

That's a 5k car TOPS

Based off those.. pics lol
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Seems like a lot with the cosmetic needs. I'd also assume you'll need a timing belt/etc., so there's money to be spent on it (and a decent chunk if you're not wrenchy).

For a sorted car with a good top, no dash-cracks and up-to-date maintenance, that would be a fine price.
              1985 E30 S52 - Daily Driver
              1986 M635Csi - For the best days

Comment

Originally posted by iXBeater View Post

For a sorted car with a good top, no dash-cracks and up-to-date maintenance, that would be a fine price.
                I’ve seen a couple of verts for sale at car shows in that condition in Southern California recently. The asking prices were more like $15K.

Comment

Originally posted by ghrays View Post

I’ve seen a couple of verts for sale at car shows in that condition in Southern California recently. The asking prices were more like $15K.
                  they won't be selling either.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                    I'd pass for 9.5k for a vert lol

I always see verts for sale for crackhead prices, but everyone I know with a vert paid virtually nothing for it.
                    I think random non-enthusiasts think the verts are more desirable and command a premium.
                    I think most e30 guys and enthusiasts in general don't want anything to do with a vert unless it's extremely cheap.
                    Bahaha this is spot on. Verts are still only parts cars to me
                    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

loooooooooool

I remember I bought two verts in one day, both running and driving.. one for 400 and one for 900

One I still have and the other one was sold and totaled

I miss the good ol' days

Verts can be kewl tho

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	176.6 KB ID:	10118304
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	104
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	10118305​​
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

It's funny how things change over time. I can remember when I bought my first (new) BMW, a 1990 325i coupe with manual transmission and basic stereo, no leather or options for less than $25K in Boston. The dealership also had a convertible model in the showroom. I thought it was the neatest car ever, and at that time the sticker was substantially over $30K. I would have bought the convertible if I could have afforded it at the time.
                        Last edited by ghrays; 04-12-2024, 12:18 PM.

Comment

92 vert that I bought in 2006 is my only "forever car," so I can only laugh at the "verts are parts cars" comments. No need to ruin good verts when so many fan boys have turned hardtops into hoopties with bad swaps that will never run right, Chinese coilovers, cartoonish wheels, and/or body kits that only a mother could love.

Regarding this car, I think a fair price would be $5k.
                          1992 325i Cabrio
                          1988 320i Touring
                          2000 M5
                          1977 530i
                          2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                          BMWCCA
                          E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by ghrays View Post

A SoCal car =/= a northeast car

My first e30 was a vert that I paid about $8k for back in 2007, and it was realllly clean. I also picked up twin $300 and $700 verts back in 2015. I'd think about another as a cruiser, but would realistically lean towards a miata or a boxter to branch out to a fun auto-x/weekend car.
                            sigpic
                            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

A SoCal car =/= a northeast car

My first e30 was a vert that I paid about $8k for back in 2007, and it was realllly clean. I also picked up twin $300 and $700 verts back in 2015. I'd think about another as a cruiser, but would realistically lean towards a miata or a boxter to branch out to a fun auto-x/weekend car.
                              Boxters are awesome cars... They're only a little gay

Comment

Working...
                              X