Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looked at it today. 190,000+ miles - He swapped the cluster, so who really knows. All panels match the serial #, no apparent body work. Paint looks original, some scratchs, dents etc but not real bad. Several cracks in dash. Rusted out lower right rear valance. Rust holes in outer floorboards driver and pass sides outer sides. Driver seat ripped and broken backrest frame. Starts and ran fine. Test drove up to about 65-70 MPH (speedo +odo inoperable, tach works), steering wheel vibration at highway speeds.He said he had the clutch replaced, now there is a whine matching revs when driven. Needs rotors (scored) and probably pads all around.Probably needs complete suspension refresh. Overall pretty rough.

Comment

Sorry guys, my previous post is regarding this car.https://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/5868838032.html

Comment

Originally posted by jimsbim View Post
        Sorry guys, my previous post is regarding this car.https://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/5868838032.html
        Thanks for the report-out. I was curious about this one. Sounds like it may even be priced a bit high. Rust always kills the deal for me.
        R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
          Thanks for the report-out. I was curious about this one. Sounds like it may even be priced a bit high. Rust always kills the deal for me.
          My thoughts exactly.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

ouch, always hard to tell without close up and carefully looking at the car in person...Thanks for checking it out Jimsbim

Comment

This thread's been quiet, so I'm throwing this out there.

It's not cheap, but it certainly is interesting:

1985 Mercedes Benz 300GD 300 GD w460 G-Wagen Defender - $28900

Fantastic Mercedes Benz 300GD diesel that is looking for a new home. Imported from Poland last year. Truck runs great and is blast to drive. These trucks are known for longevity and off road ability. More about these trucks amazing reliability can be found here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/20...703/index.html

Registration is possible in every state including California as the truck is over 25 years and diesel. Being 25, diesel, and under 12,000 gross lbs allows exemption from California smog testing.

TECHNICAL DATA
              Design - Ladder-type frame with bolted-on body,
              Body - Long Station Wagon
              Engine - 5-cylinder in-line diesel engine
              Mixture formation - Indirect diesel pre-chamber injection, Bosch piston injection pump
              Displacement cc - 3005
              Output, hp - 88 at 4000 rpm
              Torque, lb/ft - 126 at 2400 rpm
              Transmission - 4 speed manual transmission, engageable all-wheel drive, low range, engageable differential locks front/rear
              Length/width/height (in) - 173/67/77
              Wheelbase (in) - 112
              Curb weight/payload (lb) - 4640/1,532
              Top speed - 80mph

Comment

Very cool, but a big no thank you.

Never understood the g wagon thing. at all.

Comment

"Rough interior with mouse smell"

Bmw 325is e30 - $900

I am selling a e30. Got it for parts but don't need it any more. Body is pretty straight and very little rust. Had it running but the water pump is bad. Rough interior with mouse smell. 5 speed, ac, power windows and roof, cruise, Bord Computer, limited slip differential. Perfect for race/drift project! Clean title in hands. Missing starter. Getting rare to find. Sport seats, m tech steering wheel and rear wing. Needs lot of work.

Comment

what about whats next to it, or around it haha

Comment

How much pot smoke has THIS thing seen?

1978 Volkswagen Bus VW Campmobile - $7555 (Seattle)

Moving to Germany in December and need to sell my bus asap! She is an awesomely fun, rare, and unique 1978 Volkswagen Campmobile Bus named, "Priscilla". She has been in our family for over 18 years. During that time she has been well taken care of, and is very solid both mechanically and structurally. Being an almost 40 year old vehicle she is in need of some minor repairs and some cosmetic care. This is definitely a collectors car and we want to see her go to folks who truly appreciate her value and will give her many more years of new life. Have a look at the photos and feel free to ask any question you may have. Free to show "Priscilla" evenings this weekend and anytime all this coming week. Asking $7,555 Or Best Offer

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post

[/I]
                        Holy crap. Look at that wing mounting! Bwahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                          Lol i bought a kit that was missing the front valence and the wing for 1000. Got the valence for a couple hundo already and will be in the wing for the same. People are on crack. And yes the front valence and rear bumper can be bought brand new. Iirc is was 900 for rear bump and 450 for valence
                          Where did you get a new rear? I have the whole set brand new, I got one of the last complete OEM sets but when I was looking I could not find just a brand new rear valence for the life of me when I was looking at used.

They have been NLA for a while. Front is a different story.
                          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Sheesh - $17000 for a car with:

cracked dash
                            cracked front bumper
                            torn headliner

Almost certain it is this guy...

"Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ant131313 View Post
                            Right now I just have the BMW embroidered tan front seat covers over them. In terms of value down the road and what not , even though I am keeping this is my collection for the rest of my life, just want to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts?"...

hahahahah short life I guess?

Comment

960 Volvo wagon. These good cars? I like the price, the fact it's a wagon, and has no rust. I'm ready to ditch my e36 for something more relaxed with more cargo room. Been looking for subaru legacy wagons but they're usually rusty and more expensive.

My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyboy101 View Post
                                http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/5878129753.html

Sheesh - $17000 for a car with:

cracked dash
                                cracked front bumper
                                torn headliner

Almost certain it is this guy...

"Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Ant131313 View Post
                                Right now I just have the BMW embroidered tan front seat covers over them. In terms of value down the road and what not , even though I am keeping this is my collection for the rest of my life, just want to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts?"...

hahahahah short life I guess?
                                Pretty sure you are bitching about a brilliantrot car in the thread when the one he is selling is alpine. Anyway, the superior detailing skills someone associated with that alpine car has does not add 5-10k to the price IMO. Would it seem to be a good deal at 7k, probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X