Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

I mostly approve! seriously, the car looks good. much better. how long do you plan to keep it? how is the interior?
    Interior is really nice(silver grey -light).. only bummer is the original owners took the car to Arizona for a few years.. The headliner is now sagging front and back do to the heat.. Not a huge fan of the tint on the windows. Sourced a new factory alarm ( NOS) system off Ebay .. That was a score.. Factory 6 disc changer found used.. have a e34 M5 Touring rear sway bar that needs to be fitted.. Not sure how long I'm keeping it.. wish I had kept my 95 525it slick top.. jumped on this 94 since it was a slick top also.. If I sell it I'll put you on the list..
    it's just a ETA !

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
      Jalopnik readers are discussing if a 534,00-mile $6,500 crashed 325is is a bargain.

The ad for today’s Nice Price or Crack Pipe 325is claims the car to come with over $40k in maintenance receipts. It also notes an even more impressive half-million miles on the odo. Could those big numbers add up to a favorably low price?

Eh, on the surface, it looks pretty OK, but the cracked dashboard and rebuilt title downgrade the price. Being from the Rust Belt, there's sure to be plenty more rust hiding out of sight from what you can already see in the pics. The red interior is very nice, but still, I gave it a confident CP vote.
      R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
      └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
        Jalopnik readers are discussing if a 534,00-mile $6,500 crashed 325is is a bargain.

The ad for today’s Nice Price or Crack Pipe 325is claims the car to come with over $40k in maintenance receipts. It also notes an even more impressive half-million miles on the odo. Could those big numbers add up to a favorably low price?
        Eh, on the surface, it looks pretty OK, but the cracked dashboard and rebuilt title downgrade the price. Being from the Rust Belt, there's sure to be plenty more rust hiding out of sight from what you can already see in the pics. The red interior is very nice, but still, I gave it a confident CP vote.

Comment

Can a stock E30 M3 really top out at 143mph? I have strong doubts about that. Anyway, here's a $100k+ M3 for your consideration. Delivery from Japan may be delayed!

1988 BMW M3 E30 - mint - very low miles (san mateo)

Click image for larger version

Name:	00C0C_amAHihFGetB_600x450.jpg
Views:	823
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	9912205

1988 BMW M3 E30
          Stock # : ECC-129
          VIN : WBSAK030XJ2197008
          Black Metallic / Black Leather
          26,500 mi original mileage

NOTES : photo shows correct model and color, but is not actual unit on offer
          ... More photos soon, car in transit from Japan, expect arrival April 2020.
          ... Priority purchase option available now ... call for details

Rare, very low mile example of the original M3 series. Highly regarded by BMW enthusiasts, these cars were typically driven and enjoyed, so low mileage originals are very uncommon.

This example is a US specification unit originally sold in the US then exported to Japan in 1992 by a collector. It has been well maintained and seen limited use since then. We found the car in Japan and are now expecting it to arrive stateside in early April. On arrival the car will be inspected, serviced and detailed as required, but our research and a local inspection suggests little will be necessary.

Stunning “Diamantschwarz” black metallic over black leather combination with excellent paint finish. All original body panels with VIN tags intact. Interior is in very good condition, leather showing minor creasing and wear consistent with the low mileage.

As BMW’s premium model in the day this E30 M3 is fitted with an electric sunroof, power windows, cruise control, AC and a trip computer. The center stack features a period JVC cassette head unit controlling a single disc CD player in the glovebox.

Visibility is excellent, the Recaro front seats supportive, the back seat is comfortable and the trunk of useful size and shape. Overall design and functionality of the body style is outstanding.

The driving experience is exemplary, truly earning the moniker of “Ultimate Driving Machine”. The M3 offers enthusiasts a connected feeling and sense of control typical only of the best motorcars, blending the excitement and precision of a real race car with the sophistication of the best road cars. Undiluted, uncompromised and real, this experience is rare and unlike anything else.

The car will be fitted with its original rims and brand new Continental 195/65/14 tires.

Offered at $104,995
          Price plus tax and DMV fees.

Priority purchase option available now.
          Please contact me for more questions, or to set up a viewing appointment ... Marco.

Engine: 2.3-liter fuel-injected four-cylinder
          Power: 192 HP @ 6,750 rpm / 170 LB-FT @ 4,600 rpm
          Transmission: 5-speed manual
          0-60 Time: 6.9 seconds
          Top Speed: 143 mph
          Drivetrain: Rear wheel drive
          Curb Weight: 2,850 pounds
          Seating: 4 people
          MPG: 17 mpg city/28 mpg highway

MODEL BACKGROUND

The E30 M3 was in production from 1986 thru 1991 and has acquired the well-deserved reputation of being one of the best BMWs ever built from an enthusiast’s perspective and truly a great driver’s car. Racing versions have proven highly successful in many different series and earned an outstanding record.

Developed by BMW’s Motorsport division the M3 featured significant upgrades from the standard 3 Series. The M3 featured a unique engine, suspension, brakes, upgraded interior and special body panels. The M3 was available as a coupe and convertible, but the majority were made as coupes.
          The special exterior panels included flared fenders and front and rear spoilers.

The engine featured a very robust block based on BMW’s Formula 1 engine and a DOHC cylinder head with a very high RPM limit. Close to a true racing engine in all details, the 2.3 liter M3 has proven very reliable, long lived and offers an exciting driving character. US cars were fitted with a Getrag 5-speed manual with an overdrive 5th gear. A limited slip differential was standard equipment.

Production of US editions was approximately 5,300 units, out of a global total of 17,970.

Comment

It can probably get close, considering that an M20 sedan can get to 130, and an M42 sedan can get to the low 120s. Still strange to think of any E30 as a 100k car.

Comment

I have gone over 140mph in my e30m3

Comment

1986 BMW E30 325es Restomod 138,090 Original miles - Vehicle starts right up - Most parts are rare. Clean title in hand, clean CARFAX and Auto Check report. Rust free - California plates. The attention of this build was show/street car. Alot of upgraded parts bumper to bumper. Most of the parts are new or replaced within the last year: Body Mtech Body Kit New Rear Subframe Single Stage Valspar Industrial Paint
                Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Umm hey buddy, where's your V10??

2004 BMW 545i M5 Upgrade - $7000

Name:	00808_a4e8C2qKqTT_600x450.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	9913262

Flawless 6 speed manual 545i 4.4 V8 on a complete M5 exterior body. Body parts were taken off a donor M5 and are completely OEM and professionally fitted and installed. This car is fully serviced and has been very well taken care of. This car is ready to be sold as is and has no problems mechanically and can be driven right away. Upgrades are various throughout the car including a carbon fiber trim wrap along with miscellaneous M details throughout the car. Waxed and polished, super clean non smoker CLEAN TITLE. Pirelli P-Zeros all around with ~65% tread left.

Comment

One could argue that having a V8 would be a better life choice than owing that V10.

Comment

oh...the ghey....i just don't know where to start? guessing the owner is like 19 or 20.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

1987 BMW Series 3
                      $4,500
                      Vehicles
                      Listed a week ago in Houston, TX About This Vehicle
                      Driven 123,456 miles
                      Automatic transmission
                      Exterior color: White Seller's description
                      Bored. Testing the waters Needs alternator and valve cover gaskets and a rear main. Starts and drives 160k on engine Set at 7lbs of boost KA transmission Short throw Custom solid driveshaft Chase Bays booster delete Walbro 440 good for e85 Welded 4.10 Stage 4 unsprung Lightweight flywheel Car is completely gutted 4 door 5 speed 4500obo Yes it can be street legal. But built it for the track
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

"built for the track"

???

It doesn't even have a roll bar, or nice tires. I swear, drifting looks like fun but I have come to loathe a lot of drifting. They just friggin destroy decent cars at a breakneck pace and their sense of aesthetics is puzzling at best. $4,500 is a lot to ask for that car. The body is stripped out, the engine clapped out (160k mi boosted 1UZ with a bad rear main seal ), and the car pretty much useless for anything but an unsanctioned drift event that will let you do it with next to no safety equipment. Come on. I hope the shell is at least hiding some major rust not visible in the pictures so this is a nothing of value was lost scenario instead of a decent E30 being sent to the scrapper just that much faster.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                          One could argue that having a V8 would be a better life choice than owing that V10.
                          Yea I mean if he didnt put the M5 badges on it and the fender grills it would be a fairly tastefully done car with an engine that doesnt grenade (well as much anyway)
                          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Brand New E38 in a bubble for sale on German eBay:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay .de%2Fitm%2F283822959564

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	1155
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	9913730

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                              My friend sent me that car since I have an E38 740i Sport.

Its a nice car, although I am not sure why you would preserve such a low spec car, I guess in Germany because they had 730i 6 cyc and deisel models this is a bit higher spec, bit its not a greatly equipped 740i, here it would only get attension due to the miles, but generally would be overlooked by any E38 fanatic (such as myself).

In the US if its not a 750il (late model) or a 740i sport it is worth like $2000. Of course that model would get more than $2k because of condition and mileage, but no where near enough to preserve it like that.
                              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

My friend sent me that car since I have an E38 740i Sport.

Its a nice car, although I am not sure why you would preserve such a low spec car, I guess in Germany because they had 730i 6 cyc and deisel models this is a bit higher spec, bit its not a greatly equipped 740i, here it would only get attension due to the miles, but generally would be overlooked by any E38 fanatic (such as myself).

In the US if its not a 750il (late model) or a 740i sport it is worth like $2000. Of course that model would get more than $2k because of condition and mileage, but no where near enough to preserve it like that.
                                I agree, this version of E38 is pretty dull. I wonder what goes thru someone's mind when they purchase a car like this and then decide to preserve it rather than drive it. An E30 M3 or 850csi V12 6-speed? Yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                X