Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    It's not much more than an S14 with two extra cylinders stuck on it (or the S14 is the same minus two cylinders depending on how you wanna look at it) so it's not like it's M60 fragile.. The final price seemed like a decent deal and I'm sure the new owner will enjoy it..
    1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
    2006 BMW X3
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

    Comment


      Originally posted by laidback93 View Post

      In other news. Anyone scoping the E28 M5?

      https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-m5-58/

      I want one in my garage someday.
      I am local to this shop and remember the previous owner driving this car. I called the current owner and planned to go look at it last Friday but the price was already at my budget before I could get down there (25+ miles) so I passed. Everyone on BAT is congratulating the buyer on the good deal, but I disagree. This is a car that sat for 3+ years and all the seller did was get it running with a DME repair. High mileage, crash damage, no history, no compression or leakdown. Assuming the engine is healthy, it could still easily take $5-10k to make it a reliable driver, which is the best goal for this car. Maybe I'm just hopelessly priced out of the E28 M5 market.

      1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

      Comment


        Originally posted by cory58 View Post

        I am local to this shop and remember the previous owner driving this car. I called the current owner and planned to go look at it last Friday but the price was already at my budget before I could get down there (25+ miles) so I passed. Everyone on BAT is congratulating the buyer on the good deal, but I disagree. This is a car that sat for 3+ years and all the seller did was get it running with a DME repair. High mileage, crash damage, no history, no compression or leakdown. Assuming the engine is healthy, it could still easily take $5-10k to make it a reliable driver, which is the best goal for this car. Maybe I'm just hopelessly priced out of the E28 M5 market.
        Interesting. Thanks for providing the history.

        Any yes I too think I'm priced out of the E28 M5 market at this point in time. My best hope is to find a decent 535i example.
        90 Bronzit 325is
        16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

        Comment


          Originally posted by laidback93 View Post

          Interesting. Thanks for providing the history.

          Any yes I too think I'm priced out of the E28 M5 market at this point in time. My best hope is to find a decent 535i example.
          To heck with the expensive M cars. Get a 535i, add ROW bumpers/valences, give the engine the Hartge or Alpina treatment, add sport seats, maybe Euro ones, a sporty suspension and enjoy.

          Comment


            M3 DOESNT sell for $61k, ETA sells for $6400! haha
            Simon
            Current Car:
            -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
            -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



            Make R3V Great Again -2020

            Comment


              No comments about our own bradnic buying ANOTHER E30?
              1992 325i Cabrio
              1988 320i Touring
              2000 M5
              1977 530i
              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
              BMWCCA
              E30CCA

              Comment


                Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                No comments about our own bradnic buying ANOTHER E30?
                Didn't know, but an E30 dude got another E30, who'd've thunk it?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

                  Didn't know, but an E30 dude got another E30, who'd've thunk it?
                  I’d be more surprised if E30 guy buys non Bimmer..

                  1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                  2006 BMW X3
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                  Comment


                    Well, paid BAT 2 weeks ago to put my car on their auction. Shall see how it goes.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                      No comments about our own bradnic buying ANOTHER E30?
                      So, let's see if these BAT e30's are really all they are cracked up to be.
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

                        Didn't know, but an E30 dude got another E30, who'd've thunk it?
                        Yep. We all gots the E30 itis.
                        1992 325i Cabrio
                        1988 320i Touring
                        2000 M5
                        1977 530i
                        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                        BMWCCA
                        E30CCA

                        Comment


                          1989 M3
                          https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-m3-41/
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	1989_bmw_m3_.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	9869761
                          Simon
                          Current Car:
                          -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
                          -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                          Make R3V Great Again -2020

                          Comment


                            1992 Mtech2 Convertible
                            https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...c-cabriolet-3/ Click image for larger version

Name:	1992_bmw_325i_m-technic_cabriolet_.jpeg
Views:	553
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	9869765
                            Simon
                            Current Car:
                            -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
                            -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                            Make R3V Great Again -2020

                            Comment


                              That M3 is a really good looking example, the MTech Cab just needs some TLC and a trans swap. Looking like my garage on there LOL
                              Jimmy P.
                              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                              92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                              98 318Ti Morea Green
                              04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                                No comments about our own bradnic buying ANOTHER E30?
                                Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                                So, let's see if these BAT e30's are really all they are cracked up to be.
                                Thanks for your help yesterday John! Car was definitely as advertised. Will bring her back for the other work we discussed.
                                cory58 I've wanted to find an E30 for my mom for some time. I just couldn't pass this one up - exactly what she's always wanted.
                                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

                                HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

                                88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

                                OEM+ or bust!


                                reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X