Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	97FDBE35-2F88-490D-BC42-0B85CA8E6073.jpeg
Views:	489
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	9860621 1989 S14-swapped 325i Convertible M3 tribute
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...5i-m3-tribute/
    Decent at best

    I assume nothing happens now until the last day. Any predictions from you experts?
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

    Comment


      Originally posted by IronJoe View Post

      Decent at best

      I assume nothing happens now until the last day. Any predictions from you experts?
      It looks like its off to a good start for a no-reserve. I am hoping it trickles up to $20k for the final days action. Would really help if someone comes to check out the car and reports on what they saw lol
      Simon
      Current Car:
      -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
      -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



      Make R3V Great Again -2020

      Comment


        Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	97FDBE35-2F88-490D-BC42-0B85CA8E6073.jpeg
Views:	489
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	9860621 1989 S14-swapped 325i Convertible M3 tribute
        https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...5i-m3-tribute/
        These just don't do anything for me. I'm sure there is someone out there that will love it, but I'd rather take the sedan current up for auction.

        Did I just say that!?!
        90 Bronzit 325is
        16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

        Comment


          Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
          These just don't do anything for me. I'm sure there is someone out there that will love it, but I'd rather take the sedan current up for auction.

          Did I just say that!?!
          An S14 in a convertible is like a $50 bill in a gas station toilet.

          IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20B25 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop

          Comment


            Originally posted by varg View Post

            An S14 in a convertible is like a $50 bill in a gas station toilet.
            Analogy of the day right here.

            90 Bronzit 325is
            16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

            Comment


              Anybody else watch that white cabrio? That was intense! Ended at $16,000
              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

              Comment


                Two people definitely wanted it, it seems.... Also goes to show the value of Alpine White
                Simon
                Current Car:
                -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                Make R3V Great Again -2020

                Comment


                  Originally posted by varg View Post
                  https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2010-bmw-335d-2/

                  Sold for $34,500. That's a good chunk of change for an E91, but I can't help but feel it's one of the few cars we've seen in this thread lately that was worth the price paid given just how good it seems. It's like an AMG wagon for people who don't want to break the bank with maintenance, repairs, insurance and fuel costs.
                  Knowing the young gentleman that built that car, your description is 100% spot on. The haters are just the e90 crowd saying that mods don't add value and they could build it cheaper, given you can get a 335d for around $6-14K, depending on mileage and options. What most forget is even starting with a $6K car, that wagon had at least $15K of mods on it, let alone the time to get the harness to work like oem, etc. Plus it's currently the only diesel e91 in NA currently!
                  1991 318is
                  2004 330ci
                  2011 335d

                  Comment


                    I had a 88’ M3 posted that bidding ended 7-6-19’ , my reserve was $43k , based on the previous month, (2) also white sale price . Well my car got to the last moments of bidding & my (2) high bidders both crashed and bidding was a no sale at 37,500. I was able to keep the money going on my own & almost got to reserve . Sold it myself ! After that Ive heard of other of other crashes at that last moments is all I can say about that , a store to tell

                    Comment


                      Seems like no reserves are just coming left and right:


                      Click image for larger version  Name:	1988_bmw_m3_156463234666e7dff9f98764daIMG_5333-620x413.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.8 KB ID:	9862151

                      https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-m3-80/

                      Comment


                        That wagon is inspirational. Had an e39 528it come in and the owner bought a 540i with a m/6 as a donor car. After some paperwork, apparently the next project here at the shop is an e39 540it m/6 m-sport.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by IronJoe View Post

                          Decent at best

                          I assume nothing happens now until the last day. Any predictions from you experts?

                          happy with the outcome?

                          1991 318iC
                          1989 325i Field Rescue

                          Comment


                            Car was posted for $40k obo if remember correctly on S14,net. At the end seller wanted a good home. Car was a work of art and a labor of love. I really need to start saving money.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by djanalog View Post

                              I like the sedans, but almost $8k for that 318 with 220,000 miles car does seem awfully high.Thoughts on the sedan being auctioned now?

                              https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-bmw-325i-60/
                              Alright, this is nuts. How is a similarly equipped 325i with half the miles worth less than that 318i that just sold for $7,900? Engine bay detailing not good enough? Cloth comfort seats somehow less desirable than vinyl comfort seats? Seller's lack of insight on AC service? Repaint turning off the collectors? Both cars similarly clean outside, the 325i was stated to have "zero rust" vs the 318i with stated battery box rust.

                              IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20B25 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by varg View Post

                                Alright, this is nuts. How is a similarly equipped 325i with half the miles worth less than that 318i that just sold for $7,900? Engine bay detailing not good enough? Cloth comfort seats somehow less desirable than vinyl comfort seats? Seller's lack of insight on AC service? Repaint turning off the collectors? Both cars similarly clean outside, the 325i was stated to have "zero rust" vs the 318i with stated battery box rust.
                                I agree, the 325i was the nicer car, and I was bidding on it. The car was accurately presented as I had it in inspected at a shop in Virginia. I am second guessing not going beyond my final bid attempt of $7,400. By not winning the auction though, I am still sleeping in my house as opposed to my wife getting me a hammock to sleep in the garage with the cars.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X