Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bummer is the amount of coin for most of them with a M40..

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

I had the impression that they leveled off due to quantity of inventory, but it seems like clean examples have remained pretty stout as long as the car is in the US.

https://bringatrailer.com/bmw/e30-touring/
      Thanks for the 'let me BaT that for you" Bobbie - doh on my part. sub'd now.
      And yeah, car in the US is a must. That $4500 auction threw me for a sec until I saw it was still in Germany.

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
      The bummer is the amount of coin for most of them with a M40..
      Still limited supply in the US I guess, but not enough import margin to deal in it?

Now that I'm selling (or parting) my IX coupe, I keep thinking about an IX touring - later
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post

Thanks for the 'let me BaT that for you" Bobbie - doh on my part. sub'd now.
        And yeah, car in the US is a must. That $4500 auction threw me for a sec until I saw it was still in Germany.

Still limited supply in the US I guess, but not enough import margin to deal in it?

Now that I'm selling (or parting) my IX coupe, I keep thinking about an IX touring - later
        Bahaha I didn't mean for that to come across any time of way! I was eating some lunch and had the time to challenge my own opinion, which ended up being incorrect.

The m40 cars bringing 15k confuse me. twright loves his M40 cars and has imported several, but IMO an m40 is not a keeper powerplant.

Also, your iX touring time to shine may be more now than ever, because kronus is thinking about selling his 3L M20 stroker iX touring for a very fair price and it's a nicely sorted car.

Cheeto for thought
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

1988 325iS
          Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 27k-Mile 1988 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #137,842.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

That's a really-nice example! Watching to see where it winds up...
            1985 E30 S52 - Daily Driver
            1986 M635Csi - For the best days

Comment

1987 325I Convertible
              Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1987 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #137,931.

1989 325i
              Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: Overcrest Rally 1989 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #137,986.
              Last edited by 2mAn; 02-22-2024, 12:56 PM.
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

I'm here to answer any questions anyone has about this one!

Simon, what makes you think it's not an IS?
                Byron
                Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                  Simon, what are you on about it not being an IS?
                  Things that are not on an IS, but are on this car:
                  -4-spoke wheel
                  -Vinyl Rear seats
                  -Cloth Door Cards
                  -Basic stereo (not premium audio)

More signs that its NOT an IS than there is that its a genuine IS... but as I said, it doesnt really matter on this car.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

The VIN sticker on the door shows 325isa, that's what I went off of. A lot of parts were missing or swapped off of the car when we got it, and we changed the rear seat. I see what you're saying though, and yeah anything that makes an IS has been changed anyways so who cares really.
                    Byron
                    Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

Bahaha I didn't mean for that to come across any time of way! I was eating some lunch and had the time to challenge my own opinion, which ended up being incorrect.

The m40 cars bringing 15k confuse me. twright loves his M40 cars and has imported several, but IMO an m40 is not a keeper powerplant.

Also, your iX touring time to shine may be more now than ever, because kronus is thinking about selling his 3L M20 stroker iX touring for a very fair price and it's a nicely sorted car.

Cheeto for thought
                      Don't be saying bad things about the M40 engine. A nicely maintained M40 will pull the car to over 100 mph and the lightness of the engine makes the handling a joy. It is true that they will not be the fastest E30, but they are still BMW's in every sense of the name.

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                        I'm here to answer any questions anyone has about this one!

Simon, what makes you think it's not an IS?
                        what front lip is that?
                        My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post

what front lip is that?
                          It's a Garagistic "Flat" style lip
                          Byron
                          Leichtbau

Comment

1988 M3
                            Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #138,289.

1989 318i Touring
                            Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1989 BMW 318i Touring 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #138,293.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

1993 325i Convertible
                              Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1993 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #138,730.

1989 325iS
                              Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #138,741.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

1986 M3
                                Bid for the chance to own a 2.5L-Powered Euro 1986 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #139,184.

S14 swapped 318is
                                Bid for the chance to own a S14-Powered 1991 BMW 318is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #139,101.

1991 318i Touring
                                Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1991 BMW 318i Touring 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #139,133.

1988 325i Convertible
                                Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW 325i Convertible at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #139,237.
                                Last edited by 2mAn; 03-04-2024, 02:03 PM.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X