• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
    Pictures.

WOW!! That is incredible...touring's are so legit ����

Comment

This was up for sale on BAT last month and the high bidder never paid...
      Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW 325i 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #4,898.

1989 BMW 325i E30 - $11000

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
        Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW 325i 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #4,898.

I thought that was the same car. Nice looking car.
        1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
        1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
        September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
        Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Pictures.
          They look great Jim, congrats! Im guessing with all of the work you put into it, that car is with you for life?

Thats a bummer but why not relist it with BaT?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            They look great Jim, congrats! Im guessing with all of the work you put into it, that car is with you for life?

Thats a bummer but why not relist it with BaT?
            I told him he should. The buyer is refusing to pay because of the broken ODO. The auction clearly stated this, "167k Miles Shown, TMU"

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Or until they ban non autonomous vehicles on the road.

Comment

That's a world I don't want to live in
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

We got an 87-iS now. I've been wondering how one of these will do. I think the last one sold for $5500 or something

edit: S52 swapped 318Ti here in SoCal.... I might have to check it out. Says its a Club Sport model also. Very tempting, but the aluminum block wouldve been the way I wouldve done it haha Yes I have a thing for the aluminum block M52
                  Last edited by 2mAn; 08-08-2017, 08:26 AM.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

I told him he should. The buyer is refusing to pay because of the broken ODO. The auction clearly stated this, "167k Miles Shown, TMU"

Hmm, this is tricky. I immediately rolled my eyes at the seller refusing to pay, but after looking more closely I maybe have some empathy.

It says "167k Miles Shown, TMU" but then the auction states "167k miles are shown, though the previous owner swapped out the instrument cluster." So there's nothing specifically disclosed here that says that the odometer is not operational. It just says that it has been swapped out and the true mileage is unknown.

"It's been swapped out" does not mean "it doesn't work". I would be pretty disappointed.
                    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

I loved the comments on the Cecotto M3 (non-Auction listing).

http://bringatrailer.com/2017/08/06/...ohnny-cecotto/

People have no problem with a 6 figure 911 that looks like every other 911 ever, but an 80k E30?! oh HELL NO, that's crazy talk...
                      Last edited by djjerme; 08-08-2017, 09:34 AM.
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

...or we could actually control the government and force them to respect us and our hobby.

The government isn't your parents, nor is it some godlike entity. It's a bureaucracy run mostly by people who are quite honestly below average, which is why they sought a government job to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                          The government isn't your parents, nor is it some godlike entity. It's a bureaucracy run mostly by people who are quite honestly below average, which is why they sought a government job to begin with.
                          Truer words have never been spoken.. But so many people want the government to be their parents so they don't have to take responsibility for their actions..

Any ways, that's getting off topic.

Is it just me or does the 24v swap look like the Passenger door has either been repainted or swapped?
                          2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            I loved the comments on the Cecotto M3 (non-Auction listing).

http://bringatrailer.com/2017/08/06/...ohnny-cecotto/

People have no problem with a 6 figure 911 that looks like every other 911 ever, but an 80k E30?! oh HELL NO, that's crazy talk...
                            Speaking of which...I've never been in awe of 911's for the reason you listed. I think they are cool but that's the car that everybody with a little money gets. While they are iconic, they've also become very cliche. I swear you can drive through any affluent neighborhood and see a few tucked away in garages under covers by enthusiasts and non enthusiasts. I always felt Porsche was on the race car end of the spectrum and Mercedes was on the luxurious opposite end of the spectrum at the time and to me, BMW had the perfect balance of both. When I first saw the E30 M3 in the Roundel in 91, I thought it was a kit. I couldn't believe BMW built this aggressive looking 3 series but with a 4 cylinder??? WTF were they thinking? Anyway, for me the M3 will always be special as it was this flared racecar that came out in the age of diving board US spec yuppie cars owned by older people. It was a broad stroke by BMW. Even today, almost 30 years later people still think it's a kit or "M package."
                            Last edited by reelizmpro; 08-08-2017, 12:14 PM.
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                              Speaking of which...I've never been in awe of 911's for the reason you listed. I think they are cool but that's the car that everybody with a little money gets. While they are iconic, they've also become very cliche. I swear you can drive through any affluent neighborhood and see a few tucked away in garages under covers by enthusiasts and non enthusiasts.

My sentiments as well. No joke, architect neighbor who is in no shape or form a car guy has a 80-something 911 tucked in the garage. Can't maintain his farking trees, but probably knows all the cool hipster places in town (they usually drive the wife's Prius).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by djjerme; 08-09-2017, 10:09 AM.
                              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Something different

Not a BMW

Bid for the chance to own a 2009 Foose Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,353.

Comment

Working...
                                X