• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    oh look. Another M3. Hooray...

They're up to 43 now, meh.
    43 1988 M3s...

This one seems to have had a rough 50k miles. Repaint, motor work, beat seat.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      43 1988 M3s...

This one seems to have had a rough 50k miles. Repaint, motor work, beat seat.
      Unless its had its milage doctored...or was somebody's fun stock track car.
      Steve • Toronto
      1991 318is • Brillantrot
      Build Thread

Comment

Maybe someone will pick this m3 up for a nice price. Really curious to see where this one lands, since the general consensus seems to be pretty negative.
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Ya'll have caught the BAT flu. There is nothing wrong with that car.

My street car (55 k miles and my brothers e30m3 (62 k miles) have both been repainted.
          Both cars are pretty friggin nice.

I'd also say if I wanted to open my car up and throw a set of rod bearings and rings in it just because I was having a slow winter,,, whats the issue?

Ya'll are nuts thats a nice car.
          Jimmy P.
          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
          92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
          98 318Ti Morea Green
          04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Tearing down a low mileage motor due to boredom isn’t logical in anyway. I’m just saying you have to be curious about some choices. Paint I have no issues with.
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

PPI and clean bill of health and it will become a 35K car. The car is 30 years old and at some point somebody will have modified it to their liking. Maybe the used to love the Pearl White that Audi used to offer, who knows. Nobody screamed when Joey painted his Pearl White that I remember.

Like Jimmy said if I had the room for it, I'd be bidding on it as well.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Man...the price on this LS1 318i is staying low with only 7 hours left.
                Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Where's the George Carlin e31 BAT thread?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                    Ya'll have caught the BAT flu. There is nothing wrong with that car..
                    there's isn't anything wrong with it. It's a driver, and probably a nice driver - but it's just another M3. I know that's heresy, but they did make a lot of them, and there is no shortage of them being sold on BAT.

BAT used to have cool, unusual cars - but now, it's just an Online Mecum.. Only used to inflate values and sell cars to people who get their panties in a wad because all the VIN tags aren't matching or the car isn't CA legal. It's just become boring/predictable AF..

If they spaced shit out more, then maybe, but it's now like "oh I missed out on that M3/318is.. I'll just catch the next one, next week.."

..and yes, I get it's only helping the values of my collection, but it's also not as exciting as it used to be. Kinda like Marvel movies.. :devil:
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

BAT has just gotten so popular that more people are using it. Obviously, sellers don't want to leave money on the table so BAT is perfect. What it does is actually show people where the market is vs selling private party on CL, eBay, autotrader, etc where it's nearly impossible to compile actual selling prices. So it's not surprising there have been a flood of M3's, some of which are repeat visitors. These cars are being flipped like crazy. Success often changes things and BAT is a victim of it's own success if you will.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

The '88 M3 is only at $20K with just a few hours left. LS1 car is still cheap, too.
                        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                          The '88 M3 is only at $20K with just a few hours left. LS1 car is still cheap, too.
                          At this rate, I don't see it breaking $30k but the car looks fine + it has rebuilt 2.5 S14. It's been quite a while since an S14 car or any M3 has sold under $30k that didn't immediately need some kind of work. Let's see if people can get passed the wood.
                          Last edited by reelizmpro; 02-16-2018, 01:14 PM.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Does anyone else hear the gears grinding with each shift in that last video of the 318 LS1 posted?
                            Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                            COTM Aug 2019

Comment

He might just suck at shifting... :)
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

LOL the swapped 318 didn't meet reserve at $8100.
                                Steve • Toronto
                                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                                Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X