X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 325ic MTechnicII /5 Speed/ 1 of 149 made

Here is the Link:

Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 325i Cabriolet M-Technic 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #14,293.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 209euro View Post
      Here is the Link:
      Moved it to its appropriate location... for this sort of thing anyways....
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

...I was so close to clicking that Bid Now button on the Spitfire. Would have just floated it on plastic for a bit. Even though it needs a complete mechanical refresh that was still a bargain. And Prineville is a quick day trip away..
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

You and me both... I’m going to brag to my wife that I had the restraint not to buy it hahah
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Man... this thread usually gets me through boring workdays but no recent comments.

@2mAn - I noticed you were watching that silver 996 auction on BAT that just ended. Man, that thing got thrashed... I think the result was pretty on par.
            Bid for the chance to own a 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #14,429.
            Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
            COTM Aug 2019

Comment

I’m keeping my eye on the E12 Alpina..

Looks like a good investment for someone..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
                Man... this thread usually gets me through boring workdays but no recent comments.

@2mAn - I noticed you were watching that silver 996 auction on BAT that just ended. Man, that thing got thrashed... I think the result was pretty on par.
                https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...11-carrera-19/

Yea its been mostly boring, stock verts so not much to say...

BTW I did bid on the car haha
                Attached Files
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Lol.

That 996 auction was good times. Seller sounds like a heel. I’m sure he thinks he’s tha shizznit behind the wheel.

Be interesting to see if he pops back up on there. Seems like everyone wants the payday for selling on BAT, but still try to treat it like a used car lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Decent looking IX 5 speed Coupe.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-325ix-12/

1991 318iC
                    1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

1988 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed

Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #14,629.

Comment

Didn't know this thread existed, mine was the bronzit that just sold.
                        1988 325iC SOLD
                        1985 524td 49k

Comment

Originally posted by danix View Post
                          Didn't know this thread existed, mine was the bronzit that just sold.
                          haha yup, been going for a little while now.

How do you feel about the final price? I felt it was a pretty good price.

Keep us posted on the sale process please, I know there are others who are considering listing their cars and the process is getting mixed reviews
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            haha yup, been going for a little while now.

How do you feel about the final price? I felt it was a pretty good price.

Keep us posted on the sale process please, I know there are others who are considering listing their cars and the process is getting mixed reviews

Final price was fair - I had a feeling the car would fall in the 7-10k range. Given the time of year, color and transmission, I didn't think it would get to the upper range but there's always hope :)

Seller has already paid BaT his buyer's fee and the rest of the transaction is on us. Not sure what would happen if he walked away now other than "sorry" but hoping that won't be the case.

In terms of listing, I had to almost beg them to take the car. They have so many submissions that they are biased towards very expensive cars which of course net a higher commission, and on the lower cost cars there is a strong bias towards manuals. So if I had converted mine to a manual, they would have taken that off the bat (no pun intended) even though I feel the car has less inherent value because it's no longer stock.

To take my car, they insisted I do no reserve, carfax, and have professional photos taken. Given the cost of the photos, I opted to take them myself and spent time reading their guidelines so they would be "right".
                            1988 325iC SOLD
                            1985 524td 49k

Comment

BAT runneth over with E30 cabrios - six so far since mid-Nov. Right when it's time to put them away for the winter.

I wish the Bronzit car had gone for more than $8k, but that's probably fair. White/cardinal sitting at $4,900 with 5 hours to go.

Cory
                              1992 325i Cabrio
                              1988 320i Touring
                              2000 M5
                              1977 530i
                              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                              BMWCCA
                              E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                                BAT runneth over with E30 cabrios - six so far since mid-Nov. Right when it's time to put them away for the winter.

I wish the Bronzit car had gone for more than $8k, but that's probably fair. White/cardinal sitting at $4,900 with 5 hours to go.

Cory
                                $6000 now, I have a feeling it will go above the $8k that the bronzit went for, but not a whole lot more. We'll see... but yea a huge influx of verts, likely because they are the most likely to be completely stock.

IX also ends today and is sitting at $4925 at the moment. I expect it to get to $7k+ also
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X