e30mclow's e30 #14 - Now 1.5jz + 6 Speed

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2mAn
    replied
    A+ photo dump

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Here is a photo dump of progress:

    2.93 LSD Fitted




    Burned off all available tires before the snow hit




    Tucked it in beside the Pajero Evo for the winter


    Finally found an immaculate carpet to replace the terrible one that's in it




    Bought a terrible winter car while the Evo is being kept safe


    Converted the front core support to a removable setup










    Now the engine and trans can come out in about 40mins from start to finish




    Replaced the decimated throw out bearing


    Soundproofed/Heat shielded the tunnel and bay






    Deleted any unnecessary wiring now that the ABS & Airbag are gone








    Did the timing belt, water pump, tensioner and a few other things to the 1JZ




    Chopped out any unnecessary bracketry in the bay




    Started looking at clocking my BC top plates to gain more caster without changing the wheel position


    I'm going to re-drill the stud locations to rotate the plate 30degrees, which will increase caster about 20mm and keep the strut towers untouched.

    Made a rather large purchase - BBS RSs

    16x8 et11 Front
    16x8.5 et5 Rear

    Perfect for my suspension setup!































    Leave a comment:


  • tyeler18
    replied
    Originally posted by e30mclow

    Can you post of photo of the 245 square setup? 16s or 17s?
    My fronts are a challenge as my front track width is about 15mm wider per side.
    16x8 +20 square here, 24.8" tall tire, so any 17 in a similar offset will work as well. This is completely stock suspension minus M3 offset FCAB's. Coilovers and camber plates would get a +25 or similar under the fenders better. I tracked it all night saturday night like this with minor rubbing, 99% of it due to the stock springs being so soft the tires were in the fender liners all night.

    Untitled by Tyeler Andersen, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Originally posted by tyeler18

    That's a great power to weight! I'm just a bolt on LS1 car but I've got 245 square A052's on my HPDE car and they hook up great for the track. I'm Probably 150hp and 50ftlbs less but you should still have reasonable traction on a 245
    Can you post of photo of the 245 square setup? 16s or 17s?
    My fronts are a challenge as my front track width is about 15mm wider per side.

    Leave a comment:


  • tyeler18
    replied
    Originally posted by e30mclow
    Me + Full Tank + Full Interior =


    Spins 4th no problem.
    I'll be upgrading wheels this winter to try and fit 245s.
    That's a great power to weight! I'm just a bolt on LS1 car but I've got 245 square A052's on my HPDE car and they hook up great for the track. I'm Probably 150hp and 50ftlbs less but you should still have reasonable traction on a 245

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Me + Full Tank + Full Interior =


    Spins 4th no problem.
    I'll be upgrading wheels this winter to try and fit 245s.

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Nice, that is a lot of power. Power to weight ratio has to be on par with a C6 Z06, assuming the car weighs close to 3,000lbs. How's the traction?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Did a thing


    470HP & 354Tq


    VIDEO -







    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Good to know. At some point in the future I will be seeking more room behind the valance, since my massive intercooler makes it impossible to run a condenser fan with the stock, cut up, valance. I love the look of the Alpina valances and would not be opposed to trimming a reproduction and putting it on my car.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Originally posted by varg
    Is there more room behind that valance than the stock 'is' one?
    I can fit the Alpina valance with the iS valance still attached behind it. This hangs about 2" lower.
    An unforgiving bastard to fit through, as there is zero flex to the Alpina items.

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Is there more room behind that valance than the stock 'is' one?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Originally posted by s14brent
    valance looks great man! on your gta wheels, did it cost you much to machine out the hub bore? I've been looking for some cheap 16x8+0's.
    My man, all I did was stick a 40 grit flap wheel on the end of a DeWalt drill and have at her.
    It self-centers as it rotates and you're only taking off less than a mm.

    No balancing issues.

    More Alpina stuff - may need sideskirts.






    Can't wait to put the GTAs back on this week.

    Also, some highly articulated suspension shots from Sunday (pre-Alpina)









    Leave a comment:


  • s14brent
    replied
    valance looks great man! on your gta wheels, did it cost you much to machine out the hub bore? I've been looking for some cheap 16x8+0's.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Originally posted by formyhealth
    Too cool sir! Any HP figures?
    I should have it on a dyno very soon.

    Meanwhile, I finally put on the Alpina 162 valance

    Leave a comment:


  • formyhealth
    replied
    Too cool sir! Any HP figures?

    Leave a comment:

Working...