e30mclow's e30 #14 - Now 1.5jz + 6 Speed

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rzerob
    replied
    I love the E30 chassis. A nice stock example is just a great car. But I don't see the point of driving a car that I don't enjoy driving. If the stock version is not what you want then go nuts with another build. Just keep the original parts so you can revert back to stock if you ever want to sell. Please post a hyper link if you start a new build.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Originally posted by Jb325is
    Awesome thread, just ran through the whole thing

    What size tires were you running with the RS's?
    16x8 et11 front - 205/45/16
    16x8.5 et5 rear - 205/45/16

    I had ordered 215/45/16s back in December, but the things still haven't arrived.




    They JZ car is continuing to prove itself to be the best car on the planet. It is such a great daily steed.
    The Delphin needed some work to get it going as it has been parked for close to 20 years.

    I dropped the tank and cleaned it up, which gave me an opportunity to get to know the underside. It is ridiculously clean for a Canadian car.
    Ignoring the rusty brakes, check this cleanliness out!







    I also found a matching spoiler to replace the utterly destroyed one.






    I cleaned out the tank and replaced the fuel pump with an old one I had. While the tank was out I hit the exterior with rubberized stone guard.


    With some gas in it, the car fired right up!
    I took a few laps of the neighborhood before sticking it away while it awaits a new pump.




    The Evo is now demoted to the driveway (flex?).






    Sadly the RS4 isn't mine.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Originally posted by QuiqueUy
    I'm a fan of this thread sir .

    fitment looks so good with 245's but i bet they rub like there is no tomorrow !

    what a beauty and clean car you just picked up , what's your plan ?
    There was some rubbing, but nothing major. et20 would be perfect.
    If I raise the car it'd be fine.


    For the new car, I'm in two minds. Either it'll be an OEM cleanup, or 5 lug swap it and slam it on the Pontiac wheels. The color combo would be killer.


    Leave a comment:


  • Jb325is
    replied
    Awesome thread, just ran through the whole thing

    What size tires were you running with the RS's?

    Leave a comment:


  • QuiqueUy
    replied
    I'm a fan of this thread sir .

    fitment looks so good with 245's but i bet they rub like there is no tomorrow !

    what a beauty and clean car you just picked up , what's your plan ?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Another one!

    Managed to find a 1 owner, 89k mile/144k KM '88 325iS manual. Boom.

    It has been parked inside since 2002.
    Tires are dated 1998.
    Spare tire is an original 1987 item, stamped "Made in W-Germany".
    Crack free dash
    Leather is definitely gone dry and needs love
    Only a small bit of rust on the edge of the sunroof panel from a paint chip
    Gas tank needs to be cleaned and flushed
    Full tool kit
    Cosmoline still all over the engine bay, making it look crappy.
    Solid base!

















    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Picked up some 17x8 et15 ASA AR-1s for cheap, then decided to see about packing some 245/40r17s under the rear.
    Looks killer!





    I'm going to mount some 215/45s up front and try it out tonight.
    It should change my 3rd-4th gear merge game:

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Originally posted by ccsdo5

    yeah 1jz is good. I liked how smooth my friends 1jz 240 feels compared to my rattling 4 cylinder. I think 1jz with a zf would fit better in an e30 rather than the CD009 trans. What size turbo did you downsize to OP?
    Indeed, the cd009 required removal of the tunnel and interior modifications. It also required modification to the trans itself.
    I downsized to a 58mm. Something around 63mm would be nice like an s363.









    Some elbow grease












    Just waiting on my autocross tires to arrive and it'll be looking sweet if this season ever starts.

    Leave a comment:


  • ccsdo5
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    This seems like such a no-brainer swap for the E30...
    yeah 1jz is good. I liked how smooth my friends 1jz 240 feels compared to my rattling 4 cylinder. I think 1jz with a zf would fit better in an e30 rather than the CD009 trans. What size turbo did you downsize to OP?

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    This seems like such a no-brainer swap for the E30...

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Baller time









    I also downsized the turbo to see how I'd like it.

    Leave a comment:


  • QuiqueUy
    replied
    amazing build! Still can't believe is rattle can painted hahah.

    I wish i got those RS'S! love them

    Leave a comment:


  • Northern
    replied
    it looks so good

    Leave a comment:


  • Mazi!
    replied
    DAMN those wheels!!!!

    looks awsome! :)

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    More photo dumpage

    Launch control mawfakers....





    Micro momentary switch




    All wired up with a quick disconnect in case I need to pull the trans




    I made a neoprene sleeve to keep the wiring semi-clean at least


    I could have easily worked it off of the clutch switch, but this is just so much more of a cool gimmick.

    My new carpet is in, which meant sacrilegiously cutting it up to fit the modified tunnel.


    Redid all of the crusty in-bay loom


    Sharpie'd by cluster and polished the screen to a near new finish




    The interior is now ready for some serious ripping this summer


    Fitted the ultra-rare SedanKing Heckblende


    I'm finishing up a neat license plate holder, as this one was just for mockup.

    Next up is a deep clean, then she's back on the road this weekend!


    Leave a comment:

Working...