Bought a POS, this is R3Vs fault

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2mAn
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Martini CoPilot.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	10161687

    CoPilot didnt totally follow my instructions, but may have done enough to convince me to do it haha

    Leave a comment:


  • calvino
    replied
    For the reservoir pigtail you should be able to chop that from a z3 or e34 in a yard. Bmw still sells the pedal bushings or at least they did 2 years ago when I did mine.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    looks like the entire lead coming from the oil level sender is gone lol

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    I took Friday off to join my buddy on a final drive up to Newcombs before he moved to Scottsdale, but he wasnt packed up and ready to go and thus wasnt able to join on the drive. I had a lot of fun going solo doing the slow-car-fast things.

    Picture below is who I was chasing, the sh!tbox stripped out Civic on the way up, and the Black 458 on the way down. Tough to say who was more fun to follow haha... Ferrari certainly sounded better.


    As usual, one pic for my winner of the day. Spoke to the owner (or perhaps the financee lol) and he was pretty cool. Not the typical douche you'd expect, mentioned he sold his E36 M3 as a down payment on a Lambo. He's from Miami, give him a break lol


    This was cool too, but .... I dunno...


    Had to take this pic mostly because of the GOOMAR plate. Felt right as wifey & I are re-watching Sopranos.


    After returning home, my plan was to work on the Elan but I'm a bit stuck on a few items which Im hoping to get done soon... but I ended up working on the E30. Started with taking the door panel off to lubricate the window rails and see why the front part cliks and seems to drop forward at time.


    Rear has the bolts and everything clamped together:


    Front seems to either be broken, or is missing the lower half. Anyone know?


    Moving on from this, I wanted to try and tackle the engine bay wiring tasks. I figured I could start with what seemed to be an easy test. The Coolant Reservoir light. max.rodriguezzz helped identify what it should be, so I wanted to run a pair or wires from the pass side to the connector on the late-model reservoid to see if it was correct.
    [/url]

    ith those wires run, it looks like success! One step closer, just need to make a 'final' version.


    Asking around, Bobby sent me a link to Classic Daily which is perfect except it ends up being like $50 for a connector... Am I crazy for thinking thats a lot for a 3D printed piece? I spent $120 on the brake ducts & Brackets for the Cowcatcher which is a LOT more plastic than this... this is like $2 maybe, but I get the whole 'pay for the design work' thing but still...

    Originally posted by AWDBOB
    Cruise runs through firewall grommet yes. Clutch switch is present and plugged in re: that photo
    Thank you, wish it was a little easier to fish into that hole... I dont have gigantic hands and it was still quite difficult. Will try again later...

    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Those 3 pin connectors coming off the oil level to the harness fall apart, I bought a male and female vw connector and switched to that

    that plug sits right around the back of the alternator
    This guy hiding down there? Need to find the male side of this...


    ​
    Originally posted by calvino
    looks like you might be missing one of the gas pedal bushings in your pic above
    Yes, it looks that way... I wonder if BMW still sells them.

    TLDR: She is still a POS, but having a lot of fun and slowly giving it more love

    Leave a comment:


  • calvino
    replied
    looks like you might be missing one of the gas pedal bushings in your pic above

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    Those 3 pin connectors coming off the oil level to the harness fall apart, I bought a male and female vw connector and switched to that

    that plug sits right around the back of the alternator

    Leave a comment:


  • AWDBOB
    replied
    Cruise runs through firewall grommet yes. Clutch switch is present and plugged in re: that photo

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Anyways, back to dealing with sorting the Cruise Control installation.

    SO my question is regarding the pic above: The round hole visible just to the right of the slot for the lower panel, is that where the Cruise Control cabling/ wiring to be fed through, or does it come from somewhere else? Hoping to wrap up the installation part of the cruise control to move on to "does it work" phase.

    Also working on the check panel lights, that's part of the purpose of this thread. Currently have 3 that are regularly illuminated: Washer reservoir (low priority), Oil Light (high priority) & Coolant Light (high priority). I think courtesy of max.rodriguezzz I think I might have the coolant light addressed soon. This one is a common issue when swapping from early cooling to late cooling, which mine has. I have found the wiring that I believe needs to be extended to the driverside and hopefully that will knock that one out 'easily' Then I can figure out what the oil light is on as it looks like its wired up (sort-of) properly.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    i skip all that shit immediately and my algo stopped showing me that shit.

    i forgot that war was happening

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern
    Pics look familiar, may have seen them on a certain social media platform which someone refuses to partake in.
    I have to wait until President-in-Cheat ends a war instead of starting more... sadly my social media has become a place for

    I'll be back soon ... I miss the memes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Northern
    replied
    Pics look familiar, may have seen them on a certain social media platform which someone refuses to partake in.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by AWDBOB

    Check the clutch switch- if your car was auto factory and manual swapped, the cruise harness clutch switch plug will already be looped. But worth checking as that's what causes no workie cruise most of the time

    Post a pic of the top of your clutch pedal/pedal box


    Let me know if this helps you at all ... I would like to start sorting out a few of the annoying items... which reminds me does anyone have a late model coolant reservoir connector? Going to run the wires from the pass side to the driverside

    In other news, SOMEONE took the E30 and enjoyed Los Angeles with the E30. He sent me some pics.





    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy

    dyno it

    probably a similar experience to looking at a credit card statement
    Going to send you a Venmo request

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn

    Absolutely, even with just a basic 2.7i that MIGHT make the factory 168bhp (probably not lol) it was still such a good time.

    The fact that it drove 120 miles, did 4 sessions all-out, then drove 120 miles back home is a testament to the beauty of the E30
    dyno it

    probably a similar experience to looking at a credit card statement

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by s14brent
    oh i completely understand unfortunately......still a riot!!
    Absolutely, even with just a basic 2.7i that MIGHT make the factory 168bhp (probably not lol) it was still such a good time.

    The fact that it drove 120 miles, did 4 sessions all-out, then drove 120 miles back home is a testament to the beauty of the E30

    Leave a comment:

Working...