No announcement yet.

e30guydownunder: Project M42, probs definitely got more power than your S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signor would not give me free shit! I do however have a new set of pistons and a fuel cell to play with.
    - Chris
    Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Got the Pistons in. Timed the cams up last night, now to work on assembling it for good.

I was surprised how good the head came out. This thing was filthy, burnt oil everywhere and it came out like new, even the bolts came up like new.

- Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
        Sounds like you need to speak to signor El Esse Juan. :P

I hear there's a wagon floating around that could do with a dose of El Esse Juan.
        sigpic

Comment

Iain is far too worried about the RTA to toy with that idea
          - Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
            El Esse Juan
            I have no idea what this is.
            sigpic

Comment

El Esse Juan
              Originally posted by Massimo View Post
              I have no idea what this is.
              Say the name out loud and think of something short and fat wearing a bow tie and sits in the front of a V8 Commodore. ;)
              sigpic

Comment

Hopefully this is the last time I see it like this

And Head on, bit of little things to organise but hoping to lower it in over the weekend :)

- Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dirtysix View Post
                  I hear there's a wagon floating around that could do with a dose of El Esse Juan.
                  Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
                  Iain is far too worried about the RTA to toy with that idea
                  Too much work in the HK, unfortunately (needs to change crossmember, swap to rack & pinion, headers are a major pain, trans tunnel needs to be replaced, etc, etc)
                  Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Nearly all back together and EGT probes fitted

- Chris

Comment

Looking good man, hopefully this is the last time for your drama. Mines probably going to come apart on Sunday to try and fix the profile gasket oil leak.

Turbo M42 Build thread:
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

Here's hoping man, I thought I went to alot of effort before to prevent this. This time it's all stops. Only thing that should give me grief is the BMW gods who seem to spite me.

That sucks about the profile gasket!
                        - Chris

Comment

Going back together

- Chris

Comment

The engine bay has been nipped up for he last couple of days waiting for me to finish installing the fuel cell.

Was hoping to start it last night but kept hitting brickwalls, beat most of them down, but early start at work meant I had to call it a night. Getting close though
                            - Chris

Comment

Oh man, this is looking so good!

My S50 will be rebuilt *SOON* (next engine to be built I believe, Pip just finished a BDA) ... then off to Winton we go
                              88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Thanks Burkey, Good to hear the good news on your project too!

I got my thing running over the weekend and have driven it! Can confirm it's worth the effort, nothing crazy obviously because a running in / tuning session is due but it did put a smile on my dial :)

Heres a few pics of the fuel system now. Nothing flash but turned out rather neat:

Fuel Tank GONE:

Fuel Filter worked out well, the original filler neck mount reshaped to suit:

And the boot, rather impractical now but still neat:

Today I wired in the EGT's and got the CAN hooked up between the data logger and the ECU, all is working there and I can get EGT's on the dash for tuning purposes. The fuel level sender is working and a few other tidy up jobs. Just waiting for the call on when the dyno is available and hopefully I will make a Speed off the Streets day at Wakefield in a few weeks.
                                - Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X