No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish someone would make custom engine mount arms so we could just use E36 engine mounts and be done.

These are fantastic NVH and stiff! Great for the dual purpose car were all trying to seek. They've been used in a winning E46M endurance car and lasted 10x longer than AKG group "N" mounts and don't rattle things apart. Also have a set in a turbo E36 with no issues..
    Bimmerworld Road and Track Mounts

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post
      That was the nice thing about the AKG mounts. I used them and the 944 booster. No relocation needed using the M50 manifold. I'll post updates in my build showing that.
      Really? How is that possible? I mean, in my mind, either the engine is centered, or it isn't. Or it sits higher or lower... Since I swapped to the condor mounts this past weekend I didn't notice a shift in motor placement either. I will look closer.

I am curious to see your photo
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
        I wish someone would make custom engine mount arms so we could just use E36 engine mounts and be done.

These are fantastic NVH and stiff! Great for the dual purpose car were all trying to seek. They've been used in a winning E46M endurance car and lasted 10x longer than AKG group "N" mounts and don't rattle things apart. Also have a set in a turbo E36 with no issues..
        Bimmerworld Road and Track Mounts
        Honestly that doesn't sound like such a tough proposition... wouldn't need to be anything fancy these days either... I imagine it could all be laser cut from some thick steel in an interlocking pattern, welded on a jig, powdercoated and done? Hmmmmm

Those bimmerworld mounts look nice too. Stiff enough to use with a chassis mounted shifter? I assume yes?
        Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post

Honestly that doesn't sound like such a tough proposition... wouldn't need to be anything fancy these days either... I imagine it could all be laser cut from some thick steel in an interlocking pattern, welded on a jig, powdercoated and done? Hmmmmm

Those bimmerworld mounts look nice too. Stiff enough to use with a chassis mounted shifter? I assume yes?
          YES! another selling point of them. We ran them in a 330hp E46M for 75+ Hours (maybe 150?) of race time with the rouge trans mounts and a solid mount shiftier with no issues.

Solid group N rubber style bushings is where it at...

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Updates?

Comment

Great job man. I always enjoy reading about what you come up with.
              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Lots of photos. Always progress to share. I'll add captions and organize all of this later. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                Shadetree30

Comment

chef's kiss

Comment

Fantastic update, I really enjoy this thing. Excelling specimen, Excellent back ground, Excellent progress.

The smaller details is so motivational for hamming though the big details on my project.

So whats up with that trailing arm in the INSTA with the weight jacker adjuster??

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

I was going to ask when you planned to flock your dash. But with all the E30 work you have been doing, you would not have the time. I remember the first post. Amazing to see what you have done to this point. How is the E36 coming along?
                      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

@Sh3rpak!ng Updates my fellow bronzit brother?

Comment

Its 2021, he's busy building a truck motor and not sharing it with us... he's selfish
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Oops looks like I missed the recent comments.

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                            Fantastic update, I really enjoy this thing. Excelling specimen, Excellent back ground, Excellent progress.

The smaller details is so motivational for hamming though the big details on my project.

So whats up with that trailing arm in the INSTA with the weight jacker adjuster??
                            Thanks! I enjoy your build(s) for pretty much the same reasons! Not sure if I ever elaborated on the trailing arms, but the idea was to give better articulation of the spring, make height adjustments super easy, and I pocketed the whole assembly into the arm to give more travel and use an inch longer spring (the spring perches were contacting under heavy load prior). Unfortunately it looks like the condor bushings in the trailing arm are not holding up to the current alignment specs very well... too much angle for the solid bushing to take without ovaling. I'm looking at those stimtech bushings. Or a whole set of new trailing arms with the fancy heim joint adjusters.

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                            I was going to ask when you planned to flock your dash. But with all the E30 work you have been doing, you would not have the time. I remember the first post. Amazing to see what you have done to this point. How is the E36 coming along?
                            Lol if I pulled the dash out I'm not sure flocking would be the solution I'd pursue, but it would look good. So would carbon :P or stripping the padding off and modifying the underlying sheet metal + powdercoat. I dunno.

Not much to share recently. I've been driving the car a lot, done more autox this year than I did over the past 3 or 4, and intend to do more and a couple track days. Really just trying to improve my driving skills and get seat time. I'll probably have my set of rota grid 16x9s (TE37 reps) refinished sometime soon once I need to replace the R888s that are at the end of their life. Once I kill the nankang AR1 245/40r15s I'm currently running I'll move to the 275/35r15 and will probably have to go with a wider fender flare. I'd like to replace front fenders and do sideskirt v2 at that time as well.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Its 2021, he's busy building a truck motor and not sharing it with us... he's selfish
                            This is partially true. I share plenty on the IG maybe I'll sprinkle some photos into a thread for you guys sometime soon. But honestly the truck project is doing exactly what it was intended to do. Keep me busy and stopping me from constantly taking apart the e30. Oh and it costs quite a lot less. And Simon is just generally a hater.
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                              Oops looks like I missed the recent comments... And Simon is just generally a hater.
                              Rude!

I didnt say anything about the color of your car... Im a YUGE fan of your builds and jealous more than hateful. What I HATE is when people dont share
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Rude!

I didnt say anything about the color of your car... Im a YUGE fan of your builds and jealous more than hateful. What I HATE is when people dont share
                                Ok that's fair. You are a shit talker, not a hater. Speaking of I believe you are due for a new thread as well?
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X