No announcement yet.

1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The finished product! Paul has done it again.

17x7,5 et30. Super RS converted caps. Centers are in Southern Silver which is slightly lighter than Nogaro.

Cant wait to get these on!!

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

That's the way uh huh uh huh I like it! Paul does great work! Now get a long exposure burnout shot of the BBS in motion!

Comment

Stunning wheels!

Is it possible to run ET30 without spacers?

Comment

Originally posted by Glaede View Post
          Stunning wheels!

Is it possible to run ET30 without spacers?
          With 17's I believe so, but I am going to do 10mm spacers in the rear. I have 3mm for the front but I am going to see how it looks first, they are only 7.5 wide, not the normal 8". I only had two choices, 30 or 17 the way they are built. This is an RC090 converted to 3 pieces with a super RS caps, normal RC's (or style 5s) are only two-piece and they are 17x8 ET20.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
            The finished product! Paul has done it again.

17x7,5 et30. Super RS converted caps. Centers are in Southern Silver which is slightly lighter than Nogaro.
            WOW

Time for a photoshoot? *wink wink*
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

WOW

Time for a photoshoot? *wink wink*
              Haha yea once I get the wheels:)

Comment

So the wheels look amazing! And I got to drive on them for an entire 5 miles before I got two flats in the front, I thought ok maybe I didnt fill them enough (yea I should have checked before I went for a quick ride). But nope that's not it.

When Paul and I discussed the valves he asked if I wanted them hidden in the barrels, i was like sure so the rim line looks clean. Neither one of us remembered how big my BBK is in the front. The valve stems didnt clear the brake caliper but about 1/4 inch and I didnt even notices.

So as I was driving both front valve stems kept hitting the caliper until it eventually bent the pin in the valve opening them both up boom two flat tires, I noticed before they went completely flat and rolled into a nearby park.

Had to flatbed it the other two miles home.

Easy fix, just ordered flush valve stems, but man my dumb mistake ruined my fun.

Still, the car looked good on the flatbed :)

Comment

So the wheels look amazing! And I got to drive on them for an entire 5 miles before I got two flats in the front, I thought ok maybe I didnt fill them enough (yea I should have checked before I went for a quick ride). But nope that's not it.

When Paul and I discussed the valves he asked if I wanted them hidden in the barrels, i was like sure so the rim line looks clean. Neither one of us remembered how big my BBK is in the front. The valve stems didnt clear the brake caliper but about 1/4 inch and I didnt even notices.

So as I was driving both front valve stems kept hitting the caliper until it eventually bent the pin in the valve opening them both up boom two flat tires, I noticed before they went completely flat and rolled into a nearby park.

Had to flatbed it the other two miles home.

Easy fix, just ordered flush valve stems, but man my dumb mistake ruined my fun.

Still, the car looked good on the flatbed :)

Epic!!!!! Glad you didn’t cut down the tires

Comment

So the wheels look amazing!
                    100% agree. Looks like they fit perfectly. Can't wait to see some non-flatbed shots! ;-)

Comment

And the 944 booster is in. We trimmed the manifold a bit, hopefully it wont mess up airflow too bad, the dyno will tell!!

Did you do anything to the firewall?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post

Did you do anything to the firewall?
                        No, I could have notched over and maybe cleared the 944 booster but I did the trim instead.

Comment

I have a new 944 booster waiting to go in, just want to play my cards right. I don’t like the idea of notching the firewall, it flex enough already.

New wheels looking good! You get to dyno it yet?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I had the original dyno but left the printout at the site before I took pics but we looked slightly over stock power, we are going to dyno again after a bit more tuning and I will post. The notch in the intake doesnt seem to be messing anything up at this point.

I still havent had the time to really put the car through paces with work and the new baby, hopefully soon!

I love the 944 booster. I am using the stock MC (although its brand new). Wit the BBK, 944 Booster and stock Master, the brakes feel pretty perfect to me at this point. Time will tell if they hold up well when I get on track and autocross.

Comment

Got the tires back on, I wanted to get some driving videos but it started to pour so I didnt get to. Hopefully soon. Finally got the radio working on all 4 channels. I thought the OE Amp was bad because I wasnt getting front channels. I swapped the amp then I got 3 out of 4, I realized one of the wires was cut by the PO close to the speaker (I think he tapped it and it just finally wore). Anyway fixed that and the OE Premium sound system is up and running!! Doesnt sound bad with FM only for now, I need to install the BT board and also test out the tape player.

Here are a few shots from today.

Last edited by Staszek; 05-28-2020, 06:51 AM.

Comment

nice engine and wheels, but I just come here for the avatar the radio and the garage lol.
                                seriously, just perfect already, and with the mtech2 it will be beyond over the top.
                                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X