1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    nice engine and wheels, but I just come here for the avatar the radio and the garage lol.
    seriously, just perfect already, and with the mtech2 it will be beyond over the top.
    The radio will be perfect soon! Cant wait to get my BT back!
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Looking great man, love the BBS's
      '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBxf...ature=youtu.be

One of these days I will get around to doing proper videos. We are in the middle of moving so time has become precious, although I did get a few minutes to rip around yesterday. The tach is not exact it reads slightly high so I was pretty much right at 8000 on shifts, we set the limit at 8100.

Comment

So, if you know your torque curves from a dyno, there are calculators out there to help figure out optimum shift points. With the S54, it looses so much torque up top, I believe using a custom gearbox would be ideal....

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
            So, if you know your torque curves from a dyno, there are calculators out there to help figure out optimum shift points. With the S54, it looses so much torque up top, I believe using a custom gearbox would be ideal....
            Im going to get it dyno'd soon. Not going with a custom gearbox though, this car isnt for racing, just for fun.

Comment

A couple of pics after a new run today. Car is running great!

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                A couple of pics after a new run today. Car is running great!
                And looking great, too!

Comment

I was getting him ready for the full repaint. This will be one of the last pictures of the car in this state. In about 2 months he will be all fresh with the Mtech II kit installed. Dropping Klaus off on Tuesday.

I did get a chance to install my new gauges from Bavrest. I loved my old gauges, Greg did those in 2016, besides refreshing them completely (odo, batteries, board, plastic etc) he moved the tach to 8000, and added a volt and oil temp gauge. I was happy with it, but the only thing I didnt like was that the economy gauge didnt work with the S54 swap, so it was annoying that it was just there. I probably should have deleted that and called it a day.

Instead I had a second cluster built. The second one had all the refreshes of the first one, but I did green alpina strip on the tach, added S54 on it as well, upgraded red lighting and I put the volt/oil temp gauge in the economy area. I love the look.

Needless to say, I will be listing the original cluster for sale soon.

Here are a few pics of the new one, I will try to get better ones when the lighting is better.

Comment

A few more pics of the new cluster.

Comment

That cluster is amazing. I haven't seen a volt meter in the tach like that before.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                        That cluster is amazing. I haven't seen a volt meter in the tach like that before.
                        Thanks it's a separate company that makes them. I forget the name, Bav sources them and installs when you do the refresh.

Comment

Saying goodbye for a couple of months! Coming back a complete project!!

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek
                            Saying goodbye for a couple of months! Coming back a complete project!!
                            Wow, very exciting times! Cluster looks great, can't wait to see how the paint comes out
                            '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Dang, nice. Can't wait to see the finished project! Also, you know it's a quality shop when they're sporting a water fountain.
                              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                                Dang, nice. Can't wait to see the finished project! Also, you know it's a quality shop when they're sporting a water fountain.
                                Haha! Its a pretty big shop. Its actually a collision shop but the GM is a huge car guy that uses the shop for full repaints. He has done a few I have seen and also repairs track cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X