Project Weißer Regen: 91 318iS Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My my my...

Those better be Original BMW Micro cloths on the lift pads.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

What a fkn car. Best of luck with the sale!

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
        My my my...

Those better be Original BMW Micro cloths on the lift pads.
        Genuine Hockey Pucks with Amazon's finest Zwipes microfiber rags :-)

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

THIS is the one to watch!
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Quite the haul.

Comment

Buyer stole that one.

Comment

Are you ok with the selling price?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                  Are you ok with the selling price?
                  Let me ask you this:
                  - Would you be happy with the selling price if you were the one who painstakingly refurbished... Every. Single. Part?

I wouldn't be.
                  But we're enthusiasts because we love what these cars are and how we can rescue them from the dead.
                  E30 320i vert
                  But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

Originally posted by Tzantushka View Post

Let me ask you this:
                    - Would you be happy with the selling price if you were the one who painstakingly refurbished... Every. Single. Part?

I wouldn't be.
                    But we're enthusiasts because we love what these cars are and how we can rescue them from the dead.

My perception is meaningless, that is why I asked the question of Jordan.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Yeah, really sucks that sell price. What a deal. Easily a 70k car.

Just goes to show its very easy to over capitalise on this stuff. A passion project and a flip are not the same thing.

You gotta be like that Aussie lady on HGTV network - Sheeree? - Who does the absolute cheapest, nastiest "renovations" to dumps and sells them to some sucker for a profit. Jordan is the craftsperson and crafts folk dont always get the rep they deserve
                      88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

To be clear, BaT shows this as a sale, and likely will onward and forever, but the reality is that the entire process with BaT was rather miserable from a sellers standpoint up to and including the lack luster final result, which is for the record, less than what I have into the car by a considerable amount.

In the minutes after the auction I received messages from two separate individuals that told me they were highly interested in the vehicle, and like many do on BaT (don't ask me why I don't get this) they waited until the last 2 minutes to bid. Their bids were not accepted when they hit submit, the page either failed to reload or resolve or simply timed out. Before long the auction was closed with very little activity in the final minutes with both of these registered bidders with valid cards on file for the 5% premium fee left without a voice.

I brought this issue to BaT's attention when they pressed me to sell the vehicle because it met the reserve they imposed, and they discredited and disregarded my assertion that the auction result was invalid. They actually had the nerve to try and accept credit for the the highest priced 318iS that has ever sold on their site like it had anything to do with them beyond the listing fee I paid.

Annnyyyywaaayyy after telling the "post-auction support" staffer what I thought of the process, poor execution on their part, and his opinion I caught myself the predictable result, a LiFeTiMe BaN from BaT....

k den.

All this said a sale is pending on the car for a price I can live with and the buyer and I agree to be fair.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

That's a shame to hear of your experience. Absolutely beautiful work and you are truly a master of your craft. In Australia the E30 market is fickle and I don't think a car of this level would have even got that sale price. However I did think there were customers in the US that would pay more, so sad to see it didn't get there.

I reckon you would make your money back in 911's or similar. Something where the customer base is ready to pay that bit extra. However, competition in restorations of that type of vehicle is much higher.
                          '90 318is

Comment

Good to hear you ultimately got a fair price for it, you got absolutely robbed in that auction. No loss being banned from BAT IMO, that place comes off as a circle jerk. Great place to pay too much money for a car - except in this case.

Comment

Bummer on the process, did you go thinking there was a “ROI”, holiday posting a bad time? Good to hear there’s is a market which will pay more. As I believe your 318is is one of the more genuine cars on Bat. Burkley hit the mail on the head, but I think it’s pretty cool to be banned from BAT.

I’ve been under a few Bat cars and most are just a bunch of lip stick. I can’t tell you how discussed I get when I see rubberized undercoating hiding stuff and silver paint on oil pans.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

So what's the deal with the guy that "won" the auction, then? He loses out when he thought he won a great deal?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X