No announcement yet.

Project Weißer Regen: 91 318iS Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing this update got my heart racing. Car looks SOOOO good.

Originally posted by Melon View Post
    Glad to see someone else painted the spoiler.
    Next to wheel comments, the second question I get is "Why did you paint the spoiler?"
    They were color matched from the factory, why would that be weird or illicit any questions?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
      When do you think she will be 100% done? 6 weeks?

I was including bringing it back to the body shop for perfect alignment of all the body panels and such as he did with his last build.
      Im not really sure how long it'll take, so much more takes place beyond just the photo highlights if you will, but it is still slow going. IE where the hell is my 10mm socket I just had, and I know what bolt I need but cannot find it scenarios.

ALL of the freshly plated hardware is individually bagged with identical fasteners so its not *too bad* to find what you are looking for, but there are still easily 300+ different bags to sort through.

I started today out by laying down some more sound deadener, and making the best use of the scraps as possible in the curved areas that are a pain in the ass to roll the thick material into as a sheet.

I then tossed the carpet in and stamped it around until it was sitting in the correct position.

Pedal bracket reinstalled, along with the steering column, new clutch master cylinder and accelerator pedal with linkage.

Brake booster installed

The boss visited throughout the day to ensure I stayed on task, this guy is a real slave driver.

So damn fresh and clean, hard to think you'll have to put some dirty shoes on these to use the car.

New door arpature seals, barf on the cost of these puppies...

Dome light and fuel door release harnesses routed with the correct clips.

Door window frame trim clips installed, there are a bunch of these and although the placement likely isn't mission critical I always use a self hitting punch to dimple the frame on the center of each clip which survives paint & body and provides a positive location marker for reassembly.

Note the dimple from the punch.

Door handle linkage installed.

and we'll close out today with a pair of new tail lamps.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Is that a original carpet? My 318is has some plastic/leather around the pedels? I wonder why there different.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

That carpet... love it. But I always found it odd that the new ones don't have those vinyl section coverings in the driver's foot well.

Now that my collection of new parts is now in the hands of Jon, I guess I will live vicariously through your work. I wanted to do this so bad, like putting together an epic Lego set.
          My Feedback

Comment

It is a Genuine BMW new anthracite carpet, and yes they no longer come with a heel pad. Floor mats will be going in so no matter.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
              That carpet... love it. But I always found it odd that the new ones don't have those vinyl section coverings in the driver's foot well.

Now that my collection of new parts is now in the hands of Jon, I guess I will live vicariously through your work. I wanted to do this so bad, like putting together an epic Lego set.
              As much as I appreciate your parts, what you sold me might have been 2% of the required items :-) so don't beat yourself up about it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
              Current Cars:
              2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
              2017 FERRARI 488GTB
              2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
              1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
              1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
              1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
              1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
              2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
              CLEAN E30'S
              S54 DRIVETRAIN
              E30 DASH
              E30 PARTS

Comment

Attention to detail in this is beyond obsessive... drool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

I ended up sitting down and breaking the hardware into items, and put them in gallon zip loc bags.

Diff
                  L Door
                  Under Dash

Stuff like that, it really helped cut down on the time suck of digging.
                  And yeah, the frustration of knowing you purchased that specific item for that specific thing and can't find it. It's rage enducing.
                  I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                    They were color matched from the factory, why would that be weird or illicit any questions?
                    I'm assuming they've seen more spoilers installed on cars without them, than factory ones.
                    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                      It is a Genuine BMW new anthracite carpet, and yes they no longer come with a heel pad. Floor mats will be going in so no matter.
                      Cocomats probably, huh? ;)

Also, is that an S38 in your garage? Just a nice art piece huh?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                        Cocomats probably, huh? ;)

Also, is that an S38 in your garage? Just a nice art piece huh?
                        Fully concours restored S14b23, waiting on its owner to come pick it up and get it out of my way. :)

Comment

Ahem... *Imperiale* Collision. ;)

There's few chassis that look as good bare naked without bumpers/trim in fresh paint than a late model non-M E30.
                          something about the front/rear valance balance the car out nicely when in fresh paint.

Looking great! :up:
                          Below the radar...

Comment

More pics of the cat working on the car please lol.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                              More pics of the cat working on the car please lol.
                              Yes please!
                              E30 320i vert
                              But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

Haha, I have two fuzzy critters myself. Love those guys.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X