Project Weißer Regen: 91 318iS Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply beautiful...

Is that PS reservoir bracket/holder OEM m42 or required some mods on your end??

Comment

Originally posted by CaptRiskyBiscuits View Post
      I just finished reading through the red e30 build and this one and I'm absolutely amazed at the attention to detail! So excited to see this car finished! But I'm also sad I don't have more to look through. I also learned a ton! So thank you for taking all the time to show all the work your doing!
      I try to post updates as often as possible :-)

Originally posted by roznic View Post
      Simply beautiful...

Is that PS reservoir bracket/holder OEM m42 or required some mods on your end??
      PS reservoir and bracket are original M42 spec parts.

Got the fuel tank, rear subframe and trailing arms reinstalled last night.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Invisible trailing arm mod. Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
          Invisible trailing arm mod. Nice!
          it's the lightweight model
          sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

A real inspiration to not cut costs on my own restoration.

What are you using between the jack stands and front frame rail? Are those two stacked tires under the spare wheel well supporting the rear end while the subframe/diff/accessories are out? Thanks.
            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Natur

Comment

Originally posted by plmichal View Post
              A real inspiration to not cut costs on my own restoration.

What are you using between the jack stands and front frame rail? Are those two stacked tires under the spare wheel well supporting the rear end while the subframe/diff/accessories are out? Thanks.
              I love inspiring others to take it up a notch, even if not full retard like me, something is always more :-)

I have new hockey pucks between the jack stands and the front frame rails. They are wide and non marring. We buy them by the case at work to use on each lift arm to space the arms down off rocker skirts and such.

Yes, 100% two of the cars wheel and tires lol, with moving blankets padding the tires top and bottom. I was moderately concerned the spare tire tub might be dented but the car is now back on all fours and the tub is fine you can't even tell.

With the rear suspension out and freshly refinished pinch welds I couldn't really work out a better place to support the ass end and this worked well.

For the smart asses here are the trailing arms now installed, along with hubs, rotors, calipers etc.

The only hard brake line that will be reused on the car is the mega long run from the proportioning valve under the master cylinder back to the T under the rear seat. It was in great shape but all of the other lines have scratches, dings and mild corrosion that is simply not acceptable. I will remake each line by hand from new bulk tubing which also allows to be slip on freshly plated flare nuts.

Rear brake line that mounts to the trailing arm, new one has the nuts in place.

Hovercar, now with its suspension in place.

Front suspension, with rotor and caliper in place.

Underside of the front suspension

Transmission tunnel

Rear differential hoisted up into place and bolted in. Getting the four bolts that support this thing started I swear are the worst shit to do on these cars. Been there done that more times than I can count and its always the same shit

Hey a driveshaft!

Shoved the shifter up into its home while I was under here, supporting the front of the shifter and driveshaft with zipties through the rear evaporator drain for the time being. Another Pukar sticker on the driveshaft.

With heatshields and chassis brace in place.

Lastly I closed out today breaking down the second shelf to take back to work as I'm now able to consolidate the remaining parts onto just the one shelf.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
              https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Just amazing. If BMW made them like this a '90 318 would have been 100k.

lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Looking great man, and after the paint delays I'll bet you're enjoying every minute of it. I hope you're having in Houston like we're having in BR, it's been gorgeous.
                  I do things.

Comment

RE the diff - I made studs to be fixed in the diff permanently, which made it 999x easier. No it's not factory but I couldn't care less
                    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                      Just amazing. If BMW made them like this a '90 318 would have been 100k.
                      I agree. And don't sell yourself short. If I was you, I would list this for sale as 100k obo. It is a better than factory, no corners cut detailed documentation full concourse rebuild. This is probably the best factory rebuild of an E30 ever. And people will pay good money for just that.
                      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                        For the smart asses here are the trailing arms now installed, along with hubs, rotors, calipers etc.
                        :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                          I agree. And don't sell yourself short. If I was you, I would list this for sale as 100k obo. It is a better than factory, no corners cut detailed documentation full concourse rebuild. This is probably the best factory rebuild of an E30 ever. And people will pay good money for just that.
                          Just to put it in perspective. $100k is e30M3 Evo money. I don't care if it's the cleanest restored 318is in the world. They will never fetch e30M3 Evo money. C'mon man

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                          '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                          '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
                            Just to put it in perspective. $100k is e30M3 Evo money. I don't care if it's the cleanest restored 318is in the world. They will never fetch e30M3 Evo money. C'mon man

no offense, but you are so wrong about this. now much would that evo3 be worth done to this level? there is a guy in vegas that does nut and bolt restorations on 2002's for about 125k a pop. he has more work than he knows what to do with. there is a market. it is small, but it is there. Jon is no dummy.

aaaannd.....keep up the good work jordan.

Last edited by flyboyx; 03-24-2019, 10:01 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              no offense, but you are so wrong about this. now much would that evo3 be worth done to this level? there is a guy in vegas that does nut and bolt restorations on 2002's for about 125k a pop. he has more work than he knows what to do with.

aaaannd.....keep up the good work jordan.

When this sells for $100k, I'll buy you a case of beer of your choice. I'm pretty sure I'll never end up having to buy you a case beer.

'91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                              '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

I could see $50k to the right person. $100k? No chance. And 2002s are much rarer, and arguably more desirable than an E30.

Comment

Working...
                                X