• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmoores View Post
    Unreal. Great work Jordan.
    Thank you, my hands are sore!

Originally posted by luckybk View Post
    Just went back to the beginning of this thread and the table of contents alone deserves a shout out.
    Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
    Very nice as always. Also digging the table of contents in the first post. All long running threads should have one. ;)
    I've gone back to reference things myself in this build thread many times and even knowing it well I had to flip through many pages. I figured making the TOC was well worth the 30 minutes or so it took to put it together!

Originally posted by iXguido View Post

Interesting choice for the interior fabric. I'll definitely reserve my judgement until it's all finished. I really love the cloth. Are you installing heated seats?

Does Jon share his builds anywhere besides FB? Really hard to follow builds on FB.
    I would have rather had matching anthracite solid fabric but it is NLA. All of the "most closest" dark gray fabrics were either too light or too dark and would have looked like a bad job. Since the whole interior is shades of black anyway, the solid black cloth goes well with the carpet, headliner, and door panels.

I don't think Jon has any interest in curating a build thread. Facebook is all he does to my knowledge.

Rear seat bottom cushion upholstered. Excellent fit and finish. Unfortunately there was a pattern oversight on the backrest section so that will have to go back to John for some adjustments.

Drivers seat backrest, sorry I forgot to take any in progress photos.

Drivers seal bottom in sections.

Bottom fully assembled.

Built out onto the seat rails, recline mechanisms and new seat belt buckle.

Seat nearly fully assembled, save for the rear cover which I will upholster later on with matching vinyl. The headrest foam seems to have shrunk a little. I did steam them but they have lost too much body. I will be pulling the covers off and adding some glued on foam overlayment to poof them up a bit so they fill the covers nice and square.

Obligatory upskirt photo, she nice and clean under there.

and finally, the drivers seat mounted into the car. Tonight marks the first time since I purchased the car that I've ever sat in the car.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

That looks perfect! I like the effect of the door panels.

Question on the HVAC panel Jordan, hoping you can help. How do you get replacement decals for around the temp knob, mine is faded. Also, noticed yours didn't have actual temp markings on it, was that only on certain years?
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Looks amazing! WOW. Whats the part number for the back and bottom fabrics? I though these were NLA?

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
          Question on the HVAC panel Jordan, hoping you can help. How do you get replacement decals for around the temp knob, mine is faded. Also, noticed yours didn't have actual temp markings on it, was that only on certain years?
          I'm not exactly sure why some E30 have the numbers and others dont. My bet is that BMW added the numbers later and if you see a panel with it it means its been replaced.

All of the now NLA new panels had it.

Originally posted by E30DPG View Post
          Looks amazing! WOW. Whats the part number for the back and bottom fabrics? I though these were NLA?
          You would have to ask John Christy at Ninestitched that one, I let him source all of the materials

Some more progress today, started and finished the passenger seat, and both sport seat rear panels. Very happy with how everything is coming together.

Comment

I love the look of leather but actually sitting on a cloth seat I often find more comfortable, love to see it.

Comment

Looks great!

What vinyl did you use to rewrap the back covers? Mine is in bad shape, so want to refresh it.
              Also, is that OEM E30 floor mats (part no. 82519404953)?

Comment

Originally posted by Glaede View Post
                Looks great!

What vinyl did you use to rewrap the back covers? Mine is in bad shape, so want to refresh it.
                Also, is that OEM E30 floor mats (part no. 82519404953)?
                The vinyl used on the back covers is the same as on the seats and door panels. I asked John for extra material for this purpose so it all matched perfectly. The rear covers, in particular the two tight 90's at the top are a MF'er to wrap.

Yes, the floor mats are a new set of 82519404953, which are now NLA last I knew.

Comment

Looks amazing.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post

The vinyl used on the back covers is the same as on the seats and door panels. I asked John for extra material for this purpose so it all matched perfectly. The rear covers, in particular the two tight 90's at the top are a MF'er to wrap.

Yes, the floor mats are a new set of 82519404953, which are now NLA last I knew.
                    Thanks!

In Denmark we have a dealer called Schmiedmann and they seem to have 8 sets of mentioned floor mats in stock. So, I just put an order down 8-)
                    If anyone is in search of OEM floor mats they can be found here: https://www.schmiedmann.com/displayp...2-51-9-404-953

Comment

Post this one up on the Facebook page night before last with amazing response, so close to complete.

"Fresh AF"

Comment

Gorgeous.
                        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

I'm so delighted to share a moment of excitement with you all, as today the E30 I have been tirelessly restoring for the last 2 years an 8 months.... left the garage... under its own power, for the first time ever!!!!!!1111one. It drove so fucking smooth and sublime, the M42b21 revvved out its little pitter patter, and the getrag 240 flicked through the gears.

I'm positively beside myself with emotion I'm nearly gonna shed man tears over here as I'm typing. It needs an alignment for sure, because eyeballs and tape measures only go so far, and the AC needs to be charged... but I'll be damned if that isn't it.

I ticked through 3.8 miles today before backing her into the garage and taking a thorough inspection. No leaks, not a drop.

Comment

Sounds like we need a live facebook event stream so that we call all raise a beer with you throughout the world.

Comment

Congratulations! That news brightens my day.

Comment

It goes without saying, but you did an amazing job on this!
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X