I’m bored. Click on my poll

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Northern
    replied
    I voted 190e because if I vote e30/911, you'll get bored with it and sell it within a year lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied
    E30 wagon to check the boxes. But we all know it will be a short term lease whatever you do :)

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    rturbo 930 varg 88Sedan

    Curius why you chose the 16v Benz over an E30?
    I would like to see it fixed up since it's quite rare that I see a W201, especially in 16V form. Plus, E30s are getting expensive.

    Leave a comment:


  • !RocknE30!
    replied
    I agree that I would get it running...and then sell it and get an E30. It's god's chariot after all. About to pull mine out of...lordy probably a 13ish year hiatus. Finally got the kpower swap kit delivered, minus a few pieces, and a jdm k24a shows up to my house tomorrow. Need to get a mini split for the garage, but I've already lit enough money on fire so I am going to have to deal with it. Weather has been shockingly nice for AZ in mid July, so hopefully that continues. I've cruised marketplace damn near daily for a few years, snagged a Z3M which is a blast, but the E30 is where my heart is at. First car that I got at 15yo, plan on keeping it forever.

    Needless to say my answer is definitely not biased, at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    I like to see a project finished, and it's not an E30. E30s are way more common than the 190e.

    If you want to sell it after you get it going, so be it, but I think you should see it through, especially if you're nearly there. Also, I don't know how big the benz is, but the E30 back seat is pretty small. I'd want something bigger, like an E34.

    Leave a comment:


  • 88Sedan
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    rturbo 930 varg 88Sedan

    Curius why you chose the 16v Benz over an E30?
    Mostly because the increase in cabin space...I figured everyone would vote e30 also

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    rturbo 930 varg 88Sedan

    Curius why you chose the 16v Benz over an E30?

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by OSAH racing
    I voted E30. What's your intention here? Acquire, restore and turn a profit?
    Actually the opposite. The Elan has turned into a bit of a project with the EFI / ITB conversion as its all uncharted territory and I want to do it right the first time IE take my time with it. I also cannot take the kiddo with me to C&C in this car for a lot of reasons.

    SO, the intention is a 'turn-key' that has at least a 4-seater, if not a 4-door that I can take a child seat, that I can take to events and maybe occasionally take to the canyons... other options that recently have crept back in over the weekend is a Corrado VR6 (basically the only VW I havent owned and I MISSSSS the VR666666) ... another option is stuff that will be smog exempt soon so ~76-84 cars and theres a particular Alfa Romeo that is whispering sexy Italian words into my ears... and MAYBE a Z3, but no backseat kills it.

    I also have the Recaros that I bought here that were in my 996, and I would love to install them in the new car.
    BTW The E30 is listed here, but I wont tell you guys which one it is, go sleuth the Classifieds, its not hard to figure out
    Last edited by 2mAn; 07-21-2025, 10:05 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • OSAH racing
    replied
    I voted E30. What's your intention here? Acquire, restore and turn a profit? Finding a pre 74 car at a price point you can do that is difficult now as we have discussed before. I have a good friend who has been on this path for 25 plus years, and he has switched to 914's. Additionally, he is plugged into the 911 scene as his job puts him in touch with owners of 911's all day every day. That sounded fairly negative, but I do not want to discourage you because it's always possible. The other side of the story is early 911's look, sound and drive like no other and that experience is worth it. If you dive headfirst and get the 911 I will follow along your journey. Your content is fun. If you get an e30 lets, go hot rod style. stroked M20, GC suspension, rare color and a sweet interior. That would be fun to have and drive.

    Leave a comment:


  • roguetoaster
    replied
    If you do a Corvair, keep the 60s looks, add modern performance.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy

    Let’s talk Corvair.
    how about this one?

    Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1966 Chevrolet Corvair Monza Sport Coupe Race Car at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #202,223.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    ​can’t believe I didn’t add this option…
    Shame on you.

    May your next car be a roller w lots of rust and no title

    Lets talk Corvair.

    It's like a 911 but way worse. BUUUT go find a 911 with 4 doors
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MrBurgundy; 07-19-2025, 02:34 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Rob is the only right answer.
    can’t believe I didn’t add this option…

    Leave a comment:


  • roguetoaster
    replied
    I said it before. Corvair.

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Rob is the only right answer.

    A close second is dump that piece of shit w201. Get a late model 4 door e30 and put an s52 in it or buy one that's already been swapped.

    Infinitely better than any w201. 4 doors for kids, s52 reliability, s52 power, looks better, ect ect.

    Just get a turn key swapped e30 and stop punishing yourself lol

    Porsches are cool, but the community is the fuckin worst. The cars are good, but IDK, it takes a very specific 911 to scratch the itch, unlike an e30, you can with much less effort and money, make it into what you're looking for.
    I logged in to quote and say x2 to this.

    If I ever get my e30 running, this is why I got a wagon. Yes, to rationalize the higher purchase price and swap it, making it harder on myself. Life happens and I suck at making time for the car, but when it does run it will be the culmination of what I want from an E30 even if it only is a weekend car. Simon, get an E30 that is good enough or already done*ish and just enjoy the damn thing. Take it from me. Could the w201 be cool? Sure, but if you're stupidly attached to E30s like me - then you're gonna long for or say what if. Get one (preferably the nicest one you can) before you can't, and treasure the moments you have with it. Maybe other cars come and go, cuz you're a glutton for punishment like myself, but at the end of the day have something you and the fam can enjoy at times, or when you just want to enjoy it. Life is about trying out other cars IMO, but while I think the E30 market has gone a little soft in the right places, it won't last. I shoulda/coulda/woulda snagged a perfect driver 325is a few blocks away if I had just knocked on a door but for reasons (many sound) I didn't. Get yourself a four door. Pcars are indeed cool, but like a fellow local friend - maybe that isn't the car for you right now. Sell the cars you don't need or that is taking time away from just enjoyment of driving. I know some people enjoy building more than driving, but I feel you're like me... and want to drive the damn thangs.
    Last edited by DEV0 E30; 07-19-2025, 10:44 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...