No announcement yet.

The Porsche thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does not. It's that big initial sales tax hit they're avoiding. That's what makes it worthwhile from what I know to have an attorney set up a dummy LLC in MT. Not sure why our legislature is still allowing that, but I'd say "follow the money."

I'm bummed that I just learned about the Datsun roadster demise!

Comment

Emory
      Click image for larger version

Name:	P 61 356 Emory.jpeg
Views:	995
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	9950186
      Not a 6

Name:	P 1974_porsche_914_2-0.jpeg
Views:	1004
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	9950187
      Brumos

Name:	P Brumos 159.jpg
Views:	996
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	9950188
      Singer

Name:	P Singer 911 grey.jpg
Views:	1024
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	9950189

Comment

Tandy, Bamber and Vanthoor take Spa 24 Hours win for Porsche

Name:	sro.jpg
Views:	980
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	9957697

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
          Not sure why our legislature is still allowing that, but I'd say "follow the money."
          Following the money, their friends and they themselves are using the same dodge to try and avoid the taxes and fees; which are for the little people, not for them.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

End of an era. The end of IMSA. Sebring, this weekend.

Click image for larger version  Name:	gc6sjrunqyqso9k7bvij.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.6 KB ID:	9960046

Comment

My buddy from Seattle was staying with me a few weeks ago and drove his 964 down... I kicked the wifes car out of the garage and gave him the spot

He let me drive it a lot. I like it.

We even drove it to take my buddy to pick up a 914-6 and then did a canyon run with the 2 flat 6s...

Im conflicted. Not sure how I really feel about aircooled cars
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

There is no confliction. You know this to be true.

In other P car news, Porsche is going back to Le Mans with a new prototype in the LMDh class. (Le Mans Daytona hybrid)
                Budget is limited by the rules (not sure how they'll police that).

+/- 1000kg, 680 hp hybrid drivetrain.

Name:	pn6zsyxvcanlustvux40.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	9965369

Comment

Filthy Animal.

911 by on Flickr
                  Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny24
                    Very cool cars, it is a pity that they are very expensive. It would be cool if they gave me such a car.
                    They are giving out free Porsche's in other threads if you go play their android / video games..
                    Last edited by moatilliatta; 03-22-2021, 12:45 PM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Please don't do this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...rera-targa-64/

Don't execute poorly, don't detail poorly, and don't use a fucking studio with your phone camera and no soft boxes like some sort of sub-imbecile. Don't lap weld flares like a ponce. Don't exclude hood fitment buffers because you can't figure out how fiberglass works. Don't forget to vacuum before you take pictures of the car you're selling.

They build and sell garbage. Disgusting.
                        1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

If I didn't drive my E30 I would definitely try to save up more money and buy a Porsche. As far as I know in terms of driving experience these are the best makes in the whole industry.

Comment

I've got a '79 924 with a 5 speed dogleg project car that I sort of despise but also love. I bought it a couple years ago with the intention of lifting it a couple inches, throwing some bigger tires on, maybe a pair of rally lights, and calling it a day. Just wanted something fun and unusual to rip around on the back roads with. Call it safari style, call it completely stupid, but boy did that plan sound good in my head. Fast forward to now, and I've got a car without an interior installed that desperately needs one.

The plan is this: since the interior was shot, I decided gutting the carpet and sound insulation from the front, rear seats, and trunk was better than leaving it in. I bought an air hammer and went to town chisling out all of that hardened gunk. After weighing everything, we shaved about 90 pounds. Not bad, although after so much effort I would have liked to have seen greater returns. Oh well.

The paint has been wire brushed, and is ready for a coat of white or gray paint. Then I need to get the seats installed and the center console back together.

I found a 924S rear trunk and got that installed. It looks a lot better with that fun retro rubber lip. No wiper blade is a bonus, as it likely wouldn't have worked with the car, and thus would have been removed, leaving an awkward plug in it's place.

The front wheels are lifted on 2" aluminum spacers, but the rear still is stock. Oddly enough as it sits you'd hardly notice the front has received a face lift. Maybe the suspension is in worse shape than i thought.

As I get busier with school, (and subsequently poorer), I really need to get this car into a place where someone would be crazy enough to buy it from me.

Comment

Working...
                            X