The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downz View Post
    what did you end up doing with the diamond plate? if this is the same bike.

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
      what did you end up doing with the diamond plate? if this is the same bike.
      Ya same bike, I ended up just wrapping over the diamond plate with some faux leather to try and give it a bit of a better look, it came out decent, gives the seat a nice texture. If I had more time to keep it I'd have made a more comfortable seat rather then this "cowling", something like this, which is what I'm aiming to do on the CX and XS

Comment

Looking at a 79 suzuki GS 550e tomorrow. It does not run. Owner claims it has good compression but is "having trouble with the points". This is my first motorcycle inspection/purchase. What should I look for to avoid getting fucked over?

Comment

What about a license plate flipper? What y'all think? In soCal it's all too easy to run from the Police, just like it's all too easy for them to pull you over. #rebelwithoutacause#growup#still...

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
            What about a license plate flipper? What y'all think? In soCal it's all too easy to run from the Police, just like it's all too easy for them to pull you over. #rebelwithoutacause#growup#still...

http://flipperplate.com/products/lic...cycles-flip-up
            Most likely illegal to even have on the bike, and in california they'll probably impound and crush it or something like that. Would not do, myself. Just would pay attention to the road an keep an eye out for cops.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
              Looking at a 79 suzuki GS 550e tomorrow. It does not run. Owner claims it has good compression but is "having trouble with the points". This is my first motorcycle inspection/purchase. What should I look for to avoid getting fucked over?
              I'm not familiar with that specific bike per se, but it is part of the "Big 4" i.e. Honda, Yami, Kawi, and Suzuki. Most jap bikes are cookie cutters of them selves, even to this day, so they share similar issues. That being said, if its sat for a while, the carbs will most likely need to be cleaned, rubber is most likely dry rotted, so possibly tires, brake lines etc., bike will just need a good going through and some TLC. The worst with old bikes like these is if some one in its past attempted to "modify" it in some way, so if its unmolested and stock then would def be a nice lil project.

Throw up some pics of it or the ad, lets see this bad boy

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post

http://flipperplate.com/products/lic...cycles-flip-up
              Lol I try to never judge what others do with w/e, but for me, I'm too much of a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles to run from the cops or speed for that matter, if I know I'm busted I just pull right over, gotten too many tickets. Not to say I haven't pushed it, but 171 on my old R1 was enough for me for a lifetime :loco:

Comment

Rode my first Grom at bike night last night. They are FUN! I'm a fatty, 265, and I still liked it.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                  Most likely illegal to even have on the bike, and in california they'll probably impound and crush it or something like that. Would not do, myself. Just would pay attention to the road an keep an eye out for cops.
                  95% I'm going speed limit or going at the flow of traffic and a lot of times so are the other bikers around here... well perhaps some go with the flow of the porsche traffic ;) But *story time* a cop coming the opposite way flipped his lights on me because it looked like I braked too hard while going the speed limit; there was gravel or something. Rode away like a banshee and hid before the helicopter could find me.

Now something like that plate flipper would make sense. I've never stunted, getting to old for it, and my bike is a vfr so it ain't winning no races. Sometimes fuck, RESPECTABLY, the police.

Comment

I'll ask a question here.

I bought my first real bike in 2005, a 2003 r6. GREAT bike the only things I've done to it are 520 chain conversion and a tooth down on the front. Oh and some frame sliders. Now the bike has 35k miles and I'm wanting to getting a Grom...I think.

What are your thoughts on selling/trading the r6 for a Grom(fyi I weigh 265lbs)?

There are a bunch of people around here, N. Dallas area with these.

My friend just got a Grom after I talked to him about them and he loves it. But he does have his track bikes still. This would be my only bike.

1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd

Comment

Not as you're only bike, then again I don't have a car anymore. With that said, some one did a grom trip all the way to alaska was it???

Comment

Sounds like a horrible idea. Anything the grom does a supermoto can do better. I don't buy the grom hype.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 1-26

Comment

Depends on what your going to do with it. Bombing around the streets on it? sure, sounds like a blast, but def not a highway or "main/daily" bike, more of a fuck around bike, but if thats what you want then hell yea. Have you ridden one yet to see if you like it?

Comment

I rode my friends bike up and down the street, and it does seem like it would do fine around town. Here in Dallas we have a ton of highways. All the guys I used to ride with dont have bikes anymore expect the friend that just got the Grom.

I've been want a super moto as well, but the maintenance and cost of one is what has kept me from them. I would like a wr450f as a SM.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

if you have a friend who has a grom and reguarly ride with him, then yea id do it. I learned riding that lil yamaha of mine that when you and a friend have a slow bike, like my friends CM400, its a total fucking blast ripping around with each other, your not going very fast, but you feel like its moto gp haha

Comment

We rode from our bike night here on the side streets up to my house. Had to let the wife see his new bike and beg for one lol
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X