No announcement yet.

The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never realised there was a motorbike thread.

Here's my garbage.
    It's a '94 Ducati 600ss. I can only ride up to 660 due to novice rider laws, so anything faster was out. It had to be a Ducati because I like being a financially unstable idiot. So it was either this, a 400ss which can't go up hills, or a 600 Monster but I don't like how they look.

Candidate was found 4h drive each way from home:

Note the disgusting tri-colour 600ss logo in the seat

Not running due to 2 year old fuel, I rebuilt the carbs, fresh fluids throughout, fired it up and got right down to the task of annoying neighbours.

Put a few thousand km on it like this.
    But as always, the perfectionist itch must be scratched.

So it became this:

And then the frame looked like this:

I then had a jigsaw puzzle to put back together

Only "uprated" parts were some new fork springs.

Few more thousand km on it as pictured.

Yet again however, the itch returned.....

Found the front forks, twin disc setup, front and rear wheel of a 1000ss.
    Bought new Brembo clutch and brake master cyls with external reservoirs (hugely expensive).

Finally got the fairings blocked back and put the stickers on too.

Got it together a few months ago and absolutely loving life. Such a joy to ride. The lighter wheels make a difference, the new front forks are in a different world to the originals, and the braking power, my God....
    Time to get it to the track!

Pictured at a pizza place run by a bike mad Italian. He was so excited he named the new special the "Salami V-twin".
    Mrs 998 then dumped half its coolant on the footpath. Average Italian bike experience

sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

[ATTACH]124862[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124863[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]124864[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124865[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124866[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124867[/ATTACH]

Comment

Just picked up a 2018 Street Glide. It's my first bagger, absolutely adore this thing.

I still have my dad's old '79 Lowrider that I need to get running, probably a winter project at this point..
          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

That picture on the wall, lol.

Oh Terry.
            I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
              That picture on the wall, lol.

Oh Terry.
              That was my 2018 Secret Santa gift lol

Getting my Screaming Eagle pipes this week, removing the cat, and possibly buying an intake as well.

Got the solo seat installed:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
              2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

finally got everything together to fix the body damage caused by someone backing over my bike while it was at work

sorta went overboard fixing the tail section

thankfully the damage was limited to stock parts, so new carbon fiber tail fairings, and the factory solo tail conversion since i'd already deleted the rear footpegs

happy to have this girl looking right again

past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

That has got to be loud as hell.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 1-26

Comment

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                      That has got to be loud as hell.
                      it is effectively a straight pipe, yeah, but that slip-on weighs 1 pound where the factory piece is more like 10.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                        LEAN AF PICS
                        ]
                        sick. Looks like exhaust and rear sets? Anything other mods?
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I like SVs. They are a fun bike to toss around and make a good first bike imo. With some suspension mods I've heard they make a really sweet track bike, though I've only ever ridden one with stock suspension and it left some to be desired. They do not like wheelies though.

Originally posted by decay View Post
                          it is effectively a straight pipe, yeah, but that slip-on weighs 1 pound where the factory piece is more like 10.
                          I wouldn't worry about 10lbs off of an already light bike too much when it doesn't look like it sees any track use or twisties
                          Last edited by varg; 07-25-2019, 06:07 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                            sick. Looks like exhaust and rear sets? Anything other mods?
                            Thanks man!
                            Racetech 1.0kg/mm front springs with 15wt oil.
                            2007 ZX10R rear shock
                            Sag and preload adjusted for my weight
                            Clip-on conversion
                            R6 throttle tube (cuts twist by 25% or so)
                            SS Galfer GP style lines, fluid
                            Short Levers

Rear sets yes, and that's about it I think!

I like SVs. They are a fun bike to toss around and make a good first bike imo. With some suspension mods I've heard they make a really sweet track bike, though I've only ever ridden one with stock suspension and it left some to be desired. They do not like wheelies though.
                            Stock suspension is absolute trash unless you weight like 120lbs, and even then it isn't confidence inspiring. That's the department were Suzuki cut costs to make the bike affordable when released.
                            Great first bike and track capable when the suspension is sorted, yeah.
                            Next track day is on the 29th! Yeeeeeeew.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I wouldn't worry about 10lbs off of an already light bike too much when it doesn't look like it sees any track use or twisties
                              well, i wanted to make an already light bike lighter, like the two i owned previously- 200lb two-stroke sportbikes

look past the exhaust you don't like and you'll see that's not all i've done to ditch weight, i'm down about 30lbs so far, so almost 10% of the weight of the bike gone

it's still a bit heavy for my tastes, i want it twitchier, and as it becomes that way i'll become more comfortable pushing it
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

I see plenty of weight reduction effort there, but tbh the first thing I noticed was the rear tire. That bike wants to get down in those corners, and consumables are so cheap on the little bikes, I'm just encouraging some track use and twisty road outings. The corners are where the fun begins and the track is the safest place to push.

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                                Stock suspension is absolute trash unless you weight like 120lbs, and even then it isn't confidence inspiring. That's the department were Suzuki cut costs to make the bike affordable when released.
                                Great first bike and track capable when the suspension is sorted, yeah.
                                Next track day is on the 29th! Yeeeeeeew.
                                Nice. Boy do I miss the track. My ZRX is a great bike to ride on the street but imo not a track capable bike. It's heavy and the suspension, while dialed as well as I think I can manage on the street, would be at its limits very quickly. Nor will it be kind to the tires. As soon as I can afford to I intend to buy a something track friently, and see how rusty the years have left me. An SV with upgraded suspension has crossed the mind more than once as a good bike to get me back in the groove. Key point being not enough power to fool myself into thinking I'm fast because I'm making up time on the straights like the literbike riders in the beginner group but plenty for street use.

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                - updated 1-26

Comment

Working...
                                X