No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are getting cheap - Maybe people are afraid of the maintenance with air springs and such. But look for a good one with records and pay a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
      They are getting cheap - Maybe people are afraid of the maintenance with air springs and such. But look for a good one with records and pay a bit more.
      Eh, I'm not afraid, lol. Arnott stuff is pretty good, with lifetime warr. Def want to keep the air suspension stuff going.

...and that Jag 4.4.....should be able to bolt on an Eaton M112 from an XJR....
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
        3rd row seating has me contemplating one. Gives me a good excuse...plus they're getting to about the $10k mark for a bit over 100k miles.

...and the old Classic is rusting out from under me. Inner wings are almost toast.
        Just apply the rust proofing and stop bitching.
        1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Good times adventuring in the L322 last night leads to:

Unfortunately it was pouring rain and too dark to get any good action shots. Going to try to gopro tonight's fun.

I am AMAZED at what this truck is capable of on street Michelins.
          Derek-

Comment

THANK YOU SIR!!

For using your Rover for what is was intended for!

Comment

Of course, is there any other way?

Had to pull two Yotas out too. Should have seen the raw looks thrown my way, disrupting the order of things down here.
              Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
                Of course, is there any other way?

Had to pull two Yotas out too. Should have seen the raw looks thrown my way, disrupting the order of things down here.
                Awe man! Wish you'd had vid of that! :up:

Comment

I want to build a rooftop platform to use in conjunction with my cheap ass pup tent.

Anybody done this or have any good ideas on how or what to use?
                  Derek-

Comment

like this?! sweet

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

I've been contemplating getting some work van ladder racks, maybe two sets, and a bedframe to make a roof basket out of. That or conduit is cheap and easy to bend, just have to be cautious when welding it.

Make a cool ladder for it that slides up under the rack. Some plywood for a platform and BAM, camp on da roof.

Comment

I've been contemplating getting some work van ladder racks, maybe two sets, and a bedframe to make a roof basket out of. That or conduit is cheap and easy to bend, just have to be cautious when welding it.

Make a cool ladder for it that slides up under the rack. Some plywood for a platform and BAM, camp on da roof.
                        This is the one I helped James build, it's all 3/4" EMT and is actually stronger then I thought is was going to be. Just use a respirator that is rated high enough for welding/grinding galvanized pipe. The tubing is cheap we only used about $60 worth of EMT we spent more in welding wire/gas and hole saws. Using real tubing would have been like $300 just in materials.

Comment

My Disco I project and winter DD. Been giving it some TLC much needed from the neglectful previous owner. So far have replaced all the steering components, installed a Terrafirma 2" lift, rebuilt the propshafts, changed all the fluids, chopped the front bumper, and sorted out all the little electrical gremlins. Soon to come will be meatier tires, and hopefully some free weekends to hit some trails.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I was looking into getting one for the winter, since these past few winners in east Tennessee have been surprisingly severe, how reliable is a disco 2? Everyone on edmunds basically said prepare to have your anus stretched by repair bills, but i wanna know what r3v thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
                              prepare to have your anus stretched by repair bills,
                              I know of one that just got the HGs done and a new radiator.....low-ish miles too....

Comment

I know of one that just got the HGs done and a new radiator.....low-ish miles too....
                                Also has a new guibo, new water pump, new thermostat,new hoses, new spark plugs, and new valve seals.

I just need to reduce the fleet. PM me if you have any interest.
                                107k miles.
                                1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Working...
                                X