No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see this posted in here....but WOW neat!

Can't wait to get my "Defender" together...
    Last edited by slammin.e28; 01-29-2018, 11:43 AM.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

^^ no linky no worky

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
        ^^ no linky no worky
        Fixed

Comment

Cool! That looks like a Jaguar-based motor...not the Rover / Pontiac V8...?

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
            Cool! That looks like a Jaguar-based motor...not the Rover / Pontiac V8...?
            Yeah 2005+ they went all Jag engine. I hear great things about them though. Jag had the engines sorted after 2000/1 (IIRC, timing guide issues), and of course the Rv8 had been exhausted well before then.

I'd love to get my hands on a LR3 in the future....but for now I'll stick with building my hot rod.

Comment

My son's LR3 has that - nice engine. And it has an amazing cooling system that can crawl around in low gears in the heat, and a crazy deep oil sump so the thing has full oil pressure at 45º + angles.

Comment

Hey ya’ll,
                Trying to build up my following on IG. I post mostly Land Rovers and some personal cars I’ve owned throughout my life. I also sell a couple every once in a while. I think ya would dig it. Check out my page @grampsgarage
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
                  Hey ya’ll,
                  Trying to build up my following on IG. I post mostly Land Rovers and some personal cars I’ve owned throughout my life. I also sell a couple every once in a while. I think ya would dig it. Check out my page @grampsgarage
                  Thanks!
                  Oh that's you! I love your IG! You probably know who I am, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                    Oh that's you! I love your IG! You probably know who I am, lol.
                    Ha! I appreciate it man, thank you for following. I know who you are!

Comment

Just saw this over on misc FS.....

Comment

I hate to ask, but what's the word on Disco's? Worth getting one? Which one?

Comment

I would vote Discovery 1, 1995.

Comment

A simpler option? Less electric BS?

Comment

Yeah, the pre-thor engines seems to hold up better. I for one am a D2 fan because it's like the e46 of Rover....however they can be a little more painful to deal with.

Either one is good, but be prepared to pay a little more in aggravation to deal with the D2. Worth it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
                                A simpler option? Less electric BS?
                                Yeah - simpler, lighter, shorter, more maneuverable, higher approach angles, way less electrics troubles. All that said, even with care and good oil, ours developed a rod knock at like 140k.

But like slammin' says, the D2 is posher, bigger, nicer inside, less tractor-like on the highway.
                                Last edited by LateFan; 01-31-2018, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X