Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kickinindian
    replied
    anyone watch Bill Gates interview on CNN? he had run models with all available info that 2 months would be the best amount of time to stop the spread and that next year we should look at another possible outbreak and to possibly be prepared for mass spread in 3rd world countries that could not afford to treat their populace.

In case vid does not work for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A71lfXrQlxU
    Last edited by kickinindian; 03-27-2020, 08:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    10k new cases today. WTF
    imagine all the people that have it and not getting tested. passing it around. i think everyone is going to get it eventually before the vaccine.

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    hikes parks and beaches are closed but i'm still going on hikes and stuff.
    here's la from far away. wash your hands.
    So small by jet jones, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Spring Break WOOOO!!!! lol
    It used to be that old people would be the ones to screw up life for everyone, now these kids are doing a great job, and yet, I am sure the good old media will find a way to blame millennials again.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    10k new cases today. WTF
    Spring Break WOOOO!!!! lol

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    10k new cases today. WTF

Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 03-27-2020, 10:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    Stocks were doing better, looks like a little of a slope today...
    Literally was just thinking that. Makes sense, though, with testing late starting in the states

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Stocks were doing better, looks like a little of a slope today...

Leave a comment:

• IceWhite
    replied
    Our Lockdown (Stay at home orders), started last night at midnight. All non essential business ordered to close for 21 days. All social gatherings are prohibited. If the spread of the virus can not be contained, the lockdown would continue for longer.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    ^^^lol

We got the stay at home order to start at midnight. Local doctor passed at the hospital my 3rd baby was born. :(

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    I have seasonal allergies every spring, I've been sneezing (which I do very well, scaring the crap out of my wife) and coughing for weeks. Can't help it. I just cough into the neck of my shirt to contain it and not bug people. Helps that I've only been in public like 3 times since the pandemic started, it's easier to suppress the cough for a short trip to the auto parts store or Target.
    Same here likely a dust allergy for me and every morning upon arriving at work within 10-15 minutes I would sneeze. Just a dusty office. Every day. When this whole thing started the guy who sits at the cubicle next to me (but more behind me) sent me a message via a messenger system my work has espressing his concern over my sneeze. I literally turned around and stared at him and he wouldnt look at me... I couldnt believe it

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Today all of the county public parks are closed. It really sucks, because the parks are big and one of the few things I was getting out of the house to do was go to the RC airfield and fly my planes and multirotors. I ordered a set of floats for one of my planes yesterday so I can fly it off the lake behind my house. The grass between the shore and the fences of the yards adjacent is too sloped and rutted to make nice landings so it was making my from-home flying kind of sketchy, especially when there was a crosswind or tailwind for the one approach I have for landing.

Was that one of the riders that the Dems were trying to put in place prior to signing off on the bill?

I know the Reps were all pissy because of the flat dollar amount they were going to pay nationwide saying that some people will make more money being unemployed than employed... its not like its a permanent thing!
    I dunno I don't want to get political and have no interest in either party's handling of this honestly.

Back onto the nonsense... am I the only one who is afraid to sneeze or cough anytime Im outdoor? I feel like people will flee from the scene if that were to happen
    I have seasonal allergies every spring, I've been sneezing (which I do very well, scaring the crap out of my wife) and coughing for weeks. Can't help it. I just cough into the neck of my shirt to contain it and not bug people. Helps that I've only been in public like 3 times since the pandemic started, it's easier to suppress the cough for a short trip to the auto parts store or Target.
    Last edited by varg; 03-26-2020, 08:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    I hate how we have all of these too-big-to-fail entities and have to keep paying out of our pockets to help them when the people running them put short term and bonuses before anything else.
    Was that one of the riders that the Dems were trying to put in place prior to signing off on the bill?

I know the Reps were all pissy because of the flat dollar amount they were going to pay nationwide saying that some people will make more money being unemployed than employed... its not like its a permanent thing!

Back onto the nonsense... am I the only one who is afraid to sneeze or cough anytime Im outdoor? I feel like people will flee from the scene if that were to happen

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    I'm hoping there's some sort of rider in the airline bailout that prohibits them from wasting all of their cash on hand artificially inflating their stock prices through buybacks this time around

I hate how we have all of these too-big-to-fail entities and have to keep paying out of our pockets to help them when the people running them put short term and bonuses before anything else.

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    sometimes i feel like i might have corona because i have to clear my throat and maybe alittle tired. maybe a dry throat. idk
    but sometimes i think it's just in my head and i feel perfect.

is it just me
    yea i'm scared of it.

pig/bird flu i saw it was in the news for alittle bit but never really saw anything come of it wasn't really aware of those ones.
    like nothing was happening but i guess allot of people died from it huh?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X