Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2mAn
    replied
    TeXJ Will you find out immediately after or is there some long process that you have to wait for?

I hate when they ask if you want to take a survey BEFORE you get your results. NO A$$HOLES, I JUST SPENT MY ENTIRE DAY HERE. GIMME MY SCORE!

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

Thanks for the tips!
    Yeah this is a 4 hr test. They are only going to give me 1 15min break. I'm definitely going to take it.

Yeah with quaritine it wasn't too bad to be inside. Just here in Texas the spring is the best time to go outside before the hot temps get here. Hit 90 today...

THANK YOU!!! I need it lol
    I enjoy taking exams and have a few tricks to share as well.

Last October I took the SE II (Structural Engineering Level 2) exam, one of the most difficult exams in the world (pass rate hovers around 20%), which is 16 hrs long. Two consecutive 8 hr days. 80 multiple choice questions and 8 essay style questions. With (1) bathroom break I had mere minutes to spare. This test was so intense that I slept ~14 hrs a day for the three days afterwards to recuperate. And I was still tired!

- Excellent sleep the night before. I'm talking 10-11 hours if you can get it.
    - Good breakfast. Nothing extreme, but some high quality foods that can satiate and sustain you for a while.
    - Prepare beforehand to be as organized as possible. All your references and calculators and tools neatly organized.
    - Have brain stimulating snacks on hand. I'm talking pistachios, green tea, dark chocolate (not Hershey's), things like that. This helped perk me back up after lunch, and in the afternoon.
    - Don't stress about the time. Just work through the problems. Be cognizant of the time, but only when you choose to check it to determine how much time is remaining. Adjust on the fly and continue working.
    - Study up on test taking strategies beforehand. There are a few neat little tricks that can make a big difference in performance.

Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Good luck! Look at it another way; COVID helped take temptation to be outside away. Dont burn yourself out the night before the test. Get some rest, that will be worth more than cramming.

Also, the only suggestion I ever make on long tests (not sure if this is one) is to take a break every hour. Just getting up and walking away for a moment is great for the brain. I always say I have to use the bathroom and walk there, wash my face and walk back. Soak in the sun too for a moment if you have a minute to spare.

I've had several 3+ hour tests and this is a huge help. The brain burns out after an hour
    Thanks for the tips!
    Yeah this is a 4 hr test. They are only going to give me 1 15min break. I'm definitely going to take it.

Yeah with quaritine it wasn't too bad to be inside. Just here in Texas the spring is the best time to go outside before the hot temps get here. Hit 90 today...

Originally posted by Melon View Post

Best of luck man!
    THANK YOU!!! I need it lol

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    Friday I take my SANS504 exam....to say I'm nervous is an understatement....

SANS504=Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits and Incident handling.

Edit: I've been studying since March...everybody talking about having all this free time during covid...I've been studying till late and during work...no spare time.
    Best of luck man!

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Good luck! Look at it another way; COVID helped take temptation to be outside away. Dont burn yourself out the night before the test. Get some rest, that will be worth more than cramming.

Also, the only suggestion I ever make on long tests (not sure if this is one) is to take a break every hour. Just getting up and walking away for a moment is great for the brain. I always say I have to use the bathroom and walk there, wash my face and walk back. Soak in the sun too for a moment if you have a minute to spare.

I've had several 3+ hour tests and this is a huge help. The brain burns out after an hour

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Friday I take my SANS504 exam....to say I'm nervous is an understatement....

SANS504=Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits and Incident handling.

Edit: I've been studying since March...everybody talking about having all this free time during covid...I've been studying till late and during work...no spare time.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post

If you have issues with the F30 let me know. I got a 2016 328x drive for my mom and I work on them pretty much daily just about seen it all and have access to ista to help walk through repair manuals etc
    Thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied

The YouTube videos are all the same, and all equally useless. I just need to find a service manual PDF and leave the forums be.

The only good one is Kies Motorsports, and he's about 6/10. Guy seems nice enough waffleswaffleswaffles.
    If you have issues with the F30 let me know. I got a 2016 328x drive for my mom and I work on them pretty much daily just about seen it all and have access to ista to help walk through repair manuals etc

Leave a comment:

• ccsdo5
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

You know how varg feels, if it doesn't have an M42 he can't stand it.
    It's true, he tells me all the time how he wishes he put another M42 in his car instead of the M20.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied

The YouTube videos are all the same, and all equally useless. I just need to find a service manual PDF and leave the forums be.

The only good one is Kies Motorsports, and he's about 6/10. Guy seems nice enough waffleswaffleswaffles.
    You know how varg feels, if it doesn't have an M42 he can't stand it.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	laughs superlatively.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	9933441

Who would've figured that many of the owners of a new car made by a company which has over time tried to appeal to the lowest common denominator, would be among the lowest common denominator?

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

winner winner.... It will stop when herd immunity reaches a high enough percentage of the population. Its the only way it stops.
    I read about field hospitals that were deployed, but then packed up without seeing any patients.

Those resources COULD HAVE gotten us to community immunity more quickly. At first it sounds nice that fewer people got sick, but that just means that this whole cluster fuck goes on longer.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

EVERYONE will get it... the ONLY variable is how many people are sick at once in a given area and what the burden will be on local health care resources.
    winner winner.... It will stop when herd immunity reaches a high enough percentage of the population. Its the only way it stops.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

Thank you. We are a healthy conscience family. She is athletic, eats well etc. No underlying issues, so....

Doesn't change the fact I JUST reprimanded her and her roomie for thier actions. They came down to visit for Memorial Day, and almost bragging about the low rates and non-adherence to caution.
    EVERYONE will get it... the ONLY variable is how many people are sick at once in a given area and what the burden will be on local health care resources.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Also, after doing a bit of digging, most F30 owners are not the same level of enthusiast as present on R3v. More "Sonny" level it seems.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	laughs superlatively.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	9933441

Who would've figured that many of the owners of a new car made by a company which has over time tried to appeal to the lowest common denominator, would be among the lowest common denominator?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X