X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

Corvairs are fun. Not so sure about chassis stiffness on the Spyder.
    It's pretty amazing that GM was enough of a technology leader to one of the first turbocharged production cars ever, and was the highest production turbo car into the '80's.
    Going to go mid engine?
    the name spyder is kinda counter intuitive, it's actually a hardtop.

I think I'm going to keep the rear engine setup since it has the original turbo engine in it.

I've seen guys set-up big block rear engine setups, but it looks like a PITA to service lol

You can take the whole drivetrain out of a stock corvair in 20 mins

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    And maybe with the stock market and economy tanking, E30 M3's and 996 Turbos will get cheaper again.

Although with the FedRes still POURING liquidity into any market it can find, who knows?

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    SOOOOOO I'm picking up a '63 corvair spyder on monday

Should be fun lol
    Oh nice! I've always loved these cars. They're truly unique.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by Melon View Post

They have been passing out laptops for all of us here, which is really impressive since GHD is so cheap.

I'm about to finish a big project for a new client, and with oil tanking we can use all the friendly clients we can get.

The future is quite bleak right now.

On the upside, I've gotten into a good workout routine at home.
    I'm a big dude 360lbs, but I've been eating better and hitting the gym since November of last year, and lately I've gotten a great power walking round laid out around the nightborhood.

I'm trying to find a lap that's about 1.5 hours for me right now, increase my pace, add in some light jogging and see if I can get it down to 1hr in three months.
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Exercise at any pace is a good thing. I only get about 2 days a week in and do the stairs at work. 20 floors up and down, twice. Sweat like a mofo. Not a fast pace either. Not trying to give myself a heart attack lol I’m down about 15 lbs in about 9 months. I’m 5’6 and was just shy of 200 (call it marriage weight) and I’m under 184 now. Keep at it
    The *BEST* exercise is whatever exercise you'll keep doing for the rest of your life.

And Congrats on making the change AND making it work, both of you!

So I'd actually been pretty good about exercising 5 days a week for the last month, until the gym closed.

Sunday: Run
    Monday: Stationary bike
    Tuesday: Row
    Wednesday: Swim
    Thursday: Off
    Friday: Heavy weights
    Saturday: Off

I'm in the Seabees in the Navy Reserve, so I need to both be able to spend a lot of time on my feet -> Run day

AND pass the Navy's physical fitness test, the option at which I score the highest being the bike -> Bike day

I just "discovered" the Concept 2 and it's awesome. It can be as fucking brutal as you make it. I set the airflow for 10 and knock out 5k meters with a 60 sec break every 1000. Tuesday last week I hit 2:08/500 pace for the time I was actually rowing. It's sort of equal parts upper and lower body cardio, so it doesn't really kill any big muscle groups, unlike the bike. -> Row day

I've put a lot of effort into getting to be a good swimmer over the years. I finally rehabbed an old shoulder injury to the point at which I could get back in the pool without impinging a bursa, so I was digging that. That's also much more upper body oriented cardio. -> Swim day

For weights I stick to heavy compound movements and stay with medium/high reps, one set to failure for most things, 2 sets not to failure for shoulders so I don't end up letting my form slip for a last do or die rep.

Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 03-20-2020, 01:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Should be fun lol
    Corvairs are fun. Not so sure about chassis stiffness on the Spyder.
    It's pretty amazing that GM was enough of a technology leader to one of the first turbocharged production cars ever, and was the highest production turbo car into the '80's.
    Going to go mid engine?

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    so i guess the socal area is on a lock down this has to be a bad thing.
    have to stay home staring at my walls for who knows how long.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied

Should be fun lol

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Exercise at any pace is a good thing. I only get about 2 days a week in and do the stairs at work. 20 floors up and down, twice. Sweat like a mofo. Not a fast pace either. Not trying to give myself a heart attack lol I’m down about 15 lbs in about 9 months. I’m 5’6 and was just shy of 200 (call it marriage weight) and I’m under 184 now. Keep at it

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Our work is letting us choose to work from home. Our dept is approved to do so. Worked from home yesterday and came in today. Ghost Town! I'll be working from home like 3-4 days per week
    They have been passing out laptops for all of us here, which is really impressive since GHD is so cheap.

I'm about to finish a big project for a new client, and with oil tanking we can use all the friendly clients we can get.

The future is quite bleak right now.

On the upside, I've gotten into a good workout routine at home.
    I'm a big dude 360lbs, but I've been eating better and hitting the gym since November of last year, and lately I've gotten a great power walking round laid out around the nightborhood.

I'm trying to find a lap that's about 1.5 hours for me right now, increase my pace, add in some light jogging and see if I can get it down to 1hr in three months.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Happy 3/18 day folks! Be sure to tach it out at least once today.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Our work is letting us choose to work from home. Our dept is approved to do so. Worked from home yesterday and came in today. Ghost Town! I'll be working from home like 3-4 days per week

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern View Post

I've seen people in facebook groups run the M20 version of this and it blows my mind that people see something shiny and just channel their inner crow and say "fuck it, it's shiny, must be the best"
    Oh wow, that's a total POS
    The stock IM is pretty damn good.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    That eBay ad has five stars for reviews lol. I totally trust a review where the guy say "really good for makeing power". Hah

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
    same here the hoss is thinking about closing down the shop for acouple weeks.

also, wtf. lol
    these chinease ppl don't know how an engine works.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-BMW-E36...8AAOSwlQ5bWq2t
    I've seen people in facebook groups run the M20 version of this and it blows my mind that people see something shiny and just channel their inner crow and say "fuck it, it's shiny, must be the best"

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    I cleaned the carbs and shimmed the needles on my little ninja 250R the other day. Cleaned the airbox/filter and some other shit too, runsmuch better than it was at the end of last year.
    I have a new front tire and brake rotor that need to go on, then an oil change and chain lube and it should be good to go.

I paid $450 for insurance for it last year through my broker, but did an online quote through my bank and it's $150/yr ($13/mo) so I guess I'm going to do that until the CBR runs and I sell this one.

With the quarantine, I'll also have time to figure out the tune for the E30, and swap injectors, fuel pump, and add my EBC. No shortage of shit to do thankfully.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X