Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    You see the issue with California is that there are too many people and the politics sucks balls.

The weather and geography are awesome. You can be at the mountains in the morning and the beach in the afternoon.
    This is why miss California.

The people and politics, not so much. Oh and the ridiculous cost of living.

Oh and cheap wine. Especially when I worked for a large winery.
    90 Bronzit 325is
    16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

How is phoenix?

yah i know it's like 100 every single day, but other than that.
      my cars would definitely break down in that heat though.:/

lately socal has been nice and cool recently. unusually perhaps?
      i think if it's super cool here when it usually isn't there's some place that is unusually hot nearby.
      like a give and take. like if there's a heat wave across the country australia is probably flooded or something.
      Last edited by LowR3V'in; 07-08-2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Down here it's not the raw heat that gets you, it's the humidity. I would take 100°f and 0% over 90° and 80%.

Walking outsde some days feels like walking into an oven. Now that I have ac in the shop, it's "only" 82° inside vs 90° outside - but it's not the same as working with the doors open and it being 82° and 80%. As soon as you start working in 80/80 your clothes are soaked with sweat - almost hard the breathe at times.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

How many of you have solved a Rubick's 3x3 cube? Thought I got a hang of it, but I keep getting 2 corners flipped and get lost in the algorithm. After solving it twice, and it just gets mixed up. Trying the same thing again after having a volunteer mix it up for me, there's always 2 corners that are twisted up. About to take the stupid thing apart and start over fresh.....these kids doing it in a few seconds blows my mind.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            Down here it's not the raw heat that gets you, it's the humidity. I would take 100°f and 0% over 90° and 80%.

Walking outsde some days feels like walking into an oven. Now that I have ac in the shop, it's "only" 82° inside vs 90° outside - but it's not the same as working with the doors open and it being 82° and 80%. As soon as you start working in 80/80 your clothes are soaked with sweat - almost hard the breathe at times.
            yeah...to each his own i guess. for me, when i spend time in the desert, i get really chapped lips and nose bleeds from the inside of my nose getting chapped. it doesn't matter how much water i drink. fuck that shit. yes, hot humidity is stifling, sticky, and annoying, but i will take it over dry heat. screw it! i will take off my shirt, put on a pair of flip flops and go out and work in the yard. yes, i wll be a sweaty, sticky, and smelly mess. i can always take a shower after though.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              How many of you have solved a Rubick's 3x3 cube? Thought I got a hang of it, but I keep getting 2 corners flipped and get lost in the algorithm. After solving it twice, and it just gets mixed up. Trying the same thing again after having a volunteer mix it up for me, there's always 2 corners that are twisted up. About to take the stupid thing apart and start over fresh.....these kids doing it in a few seconds blows my mind.

Did it but cheated. Used the online algorithm here. https://rubiks-cube-solver.com/how-to-solve/

Ezekiel 25:17
              Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
              The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
              The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
              The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                yeah...to each his own i guess. for me, when i spend time in the desert, i get really chapped lips and nose bleeds from the inside of my nose getting chapped. it doesn't matter how much water i drink. fuck that shit. yes, hot humidity is stifling, sticky, and annoying, but i will take it over dry heat. screw it! i will take off my shirt, put on a pair of flip flops and go out and work in the yard. yes, i wll be a sweaty, sticky, and smelly mess. i can always take a shower after though.
                I'll never forget 120F in the Arizona desert.
                That's some next level suffering, despite gallons of water.
                It'll PULL the moisture out of you before you can even sweat it out!
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Ever heard of a swamp cooler, valuable tool.
                  91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                  Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                  E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                  "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

imma cry here....i lost 4hrs of footage of a good recording that i cant get back....i am bummed

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                      Ever heard of a swamp cooler, valuable tool.

No kidding! The short time I was going to school in Phoenix I was working at the 24hours Checker Auto in Peoria. We had swamp coolers in the warehouse and man, those things were a godsend..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I've hear of 'em, but we generally don't have such a thing up here in Canada.
                        Mostly it's central a/c or the portable type.
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Swamp coolers dont do anything but make humidity worse when the relative humidity is much over 15% if even that high. They work great in arid environments but not in the north or the pac northwest or sw bc
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

So, Baton Rouge could possibly flood again.

I swear to fucking god, if my house floods again I'm leaving this state.
                            I do things.

Comment

oh yeah I saw something on my phone pop up saying that new orleans is under flood watch.

What's going on? Yall getting a ton of rain?

Levy brake or something?
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd
                              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                                oh yeah I saw something on my phone pop up saying that new orleans is under flood watch.

What's going on? Yall getting a ton of rain?

Levy brake or something?
                                Projections for this tropical storm.

The one that hit NOLA this morning was sort of an offshoot from that, 9.5" in a couple of hours.

Only thing to get fucked like that were girls who stayed the night in my dorm room. ;D
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X