Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern View Post
    Bike people on the internet seem to act like turning bike rotors isn't a thing. Not sure if there's any reason not to (besides how close I am to the min thickness). I might end up with some chinese rotor because even the $300 EBC rotors have a good number of bad reviews.

Also, now that I could actually drive the thing, it's started to rain again...
    How much for OEM's?
    Those are usually the cheapest, or Galfer for a little bit more.
    I do things.

Comment

Aren’t bike rotors usually drilled? You cant turn drilled and slotted rotors or you really shouldn’t

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I’ve never owned a bike, but I agree with the sentiment of others. Skimping on a critical safety component on an already unsafe vehicle doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
        Sounds like you need a massage.
        Originally posted by kpeng
        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Skimping on brakes seems like a really dumb idea. Is saving a few bucks really worth that much to you? It's only $300.

Comment

I can't see the benefit of saving a few bucks on brakes.
            I mean, it's like the old saying goes "penny wise, but pound foolish".
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

So if the limit on the disc is 4mm including whatever factor of safety, being above that limit should be fine. It only starts at 4.5mm for reference.

It is scalloped and cross drilled.

At the end of the day it's a steel plate, seems hard to fuck up that badly. All the reviews for the chinese ones are either "I ran it and it worked fine" or "I haven't run this but you'll shoot your eye out, kid." There don't seem to be any real reported issues.

E30 guys have been using the cheapest rotors they can for decades and they seem to last fine/potentially better than namebrand stuff, so besides the redundancy of having a second front rotor in the car and the size of the rotor I don't see the issue.

Another option is to get a used OE disc from ebay or something.

I haven't looked for a disc from kawasaki but the forum posts usually start with something like "I couldn't believe how expensive the rotor was, so I bought..."

(looked it up, lol: https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/o.../disc-fr-black )
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

eCrater, like a home-grown eBay for listings in google shopping.

Ezekiel 25:17
                Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

much more reasonable. The warning of "*The store has not been updated recently. You may want to contact the merchant to confirm the availability of the product." sounds a little ominous, but I'd give it a shot. Shipping from Thailand may take a while. At least I'd have something enroute though.
                  Last edited by Northern; 06-21-2019, 10:37 AM.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

3 Series to a T?

I keep seeing this model T for sale on local CL. Kinda has me interested.

Much of it seems similar to my 3 series including the metal bumpers, analog driving dynamics, ease of maintenance etc.
                    I'd imagine getting a/c working in it as well as a bluetooth stereo might be a bit of a challenge though.

You guys think it would benefit from a set of coilovers?

If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                      I keep seeing this model T for sale on local CL. Kinda has me interested.

Much of it seems similar to my 3 series including the metal bumpers, analog driving dynamics, ease of maintenance etc.
                      I'd imagine getting a/c working in it as well as a bluetooth stereo might be a bit of a challenge though.

You guys think it would benefit from a set of coilovers?

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rch...913031502.html
                      That car's look would really benefit from some euro chrom'ies.
                      91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                      Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                      E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                      "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Old cars spoil you. You'd think bike parts are cheap with them being cheap vehicles, but nope, parts are expensive even for high sales volume bikes. You can do the brakes on all 4 wheels of an E30 for the price of a front rotor for my ZRX.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                          You are welcome to be the individual who strays from the consensus of the group. Please let us know how it turns out.

When I had my R6 I bit my tongue and forked over the cash required to get high-er quality brake components.

My philosophy: Never, ever, skimp on brakes.
                          Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                          Skimping on brakes seems like a really dumb idea. Is saving a few bucks really worth that much to you? It's only $300.

100%. On a car, where you have 4 rotors and pads to get you stopped, and a big metal cage and airbags for protection? Sure...

My GSXR came with Chinese rotors, first lap at Road America and they warped and developed hairline cracks on the surface going into Turn 5 at about 125 mph. Wanna see your life flash before your eyes? Experience near rotor failure on two wheels with nothing but a helmet and some leather between you and the concrete...

Next week, after I cleaned the poo out of my panties, I bucked up and bought a pair of Galfers.
                          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Happy Friday to all you degenerates.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                            Sounds like you need a massage.
                            Originally posted by kpeng
                            Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

I envy you...

Couple more hours at work for me, then time for some cold ones with dah boiz

and some delicious yakitori.

Man, I haven'y seen a dalmatian in a minute. Good looking doggos

Happy friday, sluts.
                              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                              Q
                              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

lol. my workday starts in about 3 hours. i go atlanta-denver-philly and am finished up at about 7 in the am tomorrow. unfortunately my plane is at least an hour late coming in from la guardia. this means it will probably be more like 2 or 3 hours late by the time the fat lady sings. that airport is so fucked.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X