Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Melon View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191228_150947_01.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	9895471


    GET IT!
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
    Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...

    Make R3V Great Again -2020

    Comment


      Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      You come to say Happy New Year and post that. Hmm.
      I shit post with the best of them, yes.
      I do things.

      Comment


        Just because its a new year, why change? lol
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
        Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...

        Make R3V Great Again -2020

        Comment


          New Year, same me.
          I make no illusions of change.
          I do things.

          Comment


            The one thing Im trying to really focus on now, especially since my Datsun is driving is to tighten up my car budget... and with that said its really annoying when people who want to buy stuff disappear right when they are supposed to pay for something they have asked me a million questions about... GIMME MY MONEY SO I CAN BUY CAR PARTS!
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
            Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...

            Make R3V Great Again -2020

            Comment


              Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              The one thing Im trying to really focus on now, especially since my Datsun is driving is to tighten up my car budget... and with that said its really annoying when people who want to buy stuff disappear right when they are supposed to pay for something they have asked me a million questions about... GIMME MY MONEY SO I CAN BUY CAR PARTS!
              Imagine typing up 3x the estimates of jobs you do. :/

              Just glad I have been doing this long enough to do a quick idea in the noggin. Some of the questions are so generic and have a huge range of cost, it gets annoying. "How much is a swap in an e30?" "How much for a built m20?" "How much to install a roll cage?". You would think people who are building cars have at least an inclination of what they want.

              OTOH, it's bitten me before when the car is just dropped off and they tell me what they want, trusting my honesty. Well, caged an e46 that wasn't quite prepped, and had some work -arounds like keeping A/C, BCM happy, power windows etc so the car could evolve from street to race. Handed him an invoice, and he says "That's it?"....I was thinking I was overcharging....grrr
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

              Comment


                Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

                Imagine typing up 3x the estimates of jobs you do. :/

                Just glad I have been doing this long enough to do a quick idea in the noggin. Some of the questions are so generic and have a huge range of cost, it gets annoying. "How much is a swap in an e30?" "How much for a built m20?" "How much to install a roll cage?". You would think people who are building cars have at least an inclination of what they want.

                OTOH, it's bitten me before when the car is just dropped off and they tell me what they want, trusting my honesty. Well, caged an e46 that wasn't quite prepped, and had some work -arounds like keeping A/C, BCM happy, power windows etc so the car could evolve from street to race. Handed him an invoice, and he says "That's it?"....I was thinking I was overcharging....grrr
                I always try to be as specific as I can, or give as much information as I can, while asking for help.

                Also, in regard to selling, I've gotten a lot of people asking for various VIN reports for the KTM, most are pretty personable even asking the right questions, it's a new scam that's hard to detect until they send a link to some website and ask me to provide a VIN report.
                I do things.

                Comment


                  I think I'm off the Z3 now.

                  Looking at E39 M5's and they're all 18-20k.
                  This started as a "cheap convertible" idea, but is now growing in scope.

                  OTOH, E39 M5's are great cars, and will most likely appreciate as long as I do good repairs and keep it in good cosmetic and mechanical order.
                  Plus that V8 sound.

                  I do things.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Melon View Post
                    I think I'm off the Z3 now.

                    Looking at E39 M5's and they're all 18-20k.
                    This started as a "cheap convertible" idea, but is now growing in scope.

                    OTOH, E39 M5's are great cars, and will most likely appreciate as long as I do good repairs and keep it in good cosmetic and mechanical order.
                    Plus that V8 sound.
                    E39 M5 is on my short, short list. It's only companion is an E46 M3 since the wife loves them so much.

                    But dat M5 waffleswaffleswaffles......... drool.
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

                    A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

                      E39 M5 is on my short, short list. It's only companion is an E46 M3 since the wife loves them so much.

                      But dat M5 waffleswaffleswaffles......... drool.
                      Both cars are at the best price you can probably get them for now. I've been looking at some S54 powered cars also, but I cant decide between a Z4M or a E46.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                      Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...

                      Make R3V Great Again -2020

                      Comment


                        You can get a clean SMG E46 ~100k miles For $10,000
                        Manual swap it, fix small issues, and you've got a really nice car for less than $15,000.
                        I do things.

                        Comment


                          I hope to one day have my car running right...one day...
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

                          Comment


                            My favorite call at the shop is "my car is leaking coolant, how much to fix it?" lol

                            What makes it more frustrating is when you explain to them why you can't price them out and then they ask for a ballpark lol

                            I just respond with "a million dollars"

                            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                            Q
                            :devil:


                            WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              My favorite call at the shop is "my car is leaking coolant, how much to fix it?" lol

                              What makes it more frustrating is when you explain to them why you can't price them out and then they ask for a ballpark lol

                              I just respond with "a million dollars"
                              Hahahaha.

                              If I hold the phone up to the car, can you talk to it?
                              I do things.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

                                Both cars are at the best price you can probably get them for now. I've been looking at some S54 powered cars also, but I cant decide between a Z4M or a E46.
                                Definitely agree about the price. Been watching them for the longest time.
                                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

                                A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X