Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

New Year, same me.
      I make no illusions of change.
      I do things.

Comment

The one thing Im trying to really focus on now, especially since my Datsun is driving is to tighten up my car budget... and with that said its really annoying when people who want to buy stuff disappear right when they are supposed to pay for something they have asked me a million questions about... GIMME MY MONEY SO I CAN BUY CAR PARTS!
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          The one thing Im trying to really focus on now, especially since my Datsun is driving is to tighten up my car budget... and with that said its really annoying when people who want to buy stuff disappear right when they are supposed to pay for something they have asked me a million questions about... GIMME MY MONEY SO I CAN BUY CAR PARTS!
          Imagine typing up 3x the estimates of jobs you do. :/

Just glad I have been doing this long enough to do a quick idea in the noggin. Some of the questions are so generic and have a huge range of cost, it gets annoying. "How much is a swap in an e30?" "How much for a built m20?" "How much to install a roll cage?". You would think people who are building cars have at least an inclination of what they want.

OTOH, it's bitten me before when the car is just dropped off and they tell me what they want, trusting my honesty. Well, caged an e46 that wasn't quite prepped, and had some work -arounds like keeping A/C, BCM happy, power windows etc so the car could evolve from street to race. Handed him an invoice, and he says "That's it?"....I was thinking I was overcharging....grrr
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

Imagine typing up 3x the estimates of jobs you do. :/

Just glad I have been doing this long enough to do a quick idea in the noggin. Some of the questions are so generic and have a huge range of cost, it gets annoying. "How much is a swap in an e30?" "How much for a built m20?" "How much to install a roll cage?". You would think people who are building cars have at least an inclination of what they want.

OTOH, it's bitten me before when the car is just dropped off and they tell me what they want, trusting my honesty. Well, caged an e46 that wasn't quite prepped, and had some work -arounds like keeping A/C, BCM happy, power windows etc so the car could evolve from street to race. Handed him an invoice, and he says "That's it?"....I was thinking I was overcharging....grrr
            I always try to be as specific as I can, or give as much information as I can, while asking for help.

Also, in regard to selling, I've gotten a lot of people asking for various VIN reports for the KTM, most are pretty personable even asking the right questions, it's a new scam that's hard to detect until they send a link to some website and ask me to provide a VIN report.
            I do things.

Comment

I think I'm off the Z3 now.

Looking at E39 M5's and they're all 18-20k.
              This started as a "cheap convertible" idea, but is now growing in scope.

OTOH, E39 M5's are great cars, and will most likely appreciate as long as I do good repairs and keep it in good cosmetic and mechanical order.
              Plus that V8 sound.

I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                I think I'm off the Z3 now.

Looking at E39 M5's and they're all 18-20k.
                This started as a "cheap convertible" idea, but is now growing in scope.

OTOH, E39 M5's are great cars, and will most likely appreciate as long as I do good repairs and keep it in good cosmetic and mechanical order.
                Plus that V8 sound.
                E39 M5 is on my short, short list. It's only companion is an E46 M3 since the wife loves them so much.

But dat M5 waffleswaffleswaffles......... drool.
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

E39 M5 is on my short, short list. It's only companion is an E46 M3 since the wife loves them so much.

But dat M5 waffleswaffleswaffles......... drool.
                  Both cars are at the best price you can probably get them for now. I've been looking at some S54 powered cars also, but I cant decide between a Z4M or a E46.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

You can get a clean SMG E46 ~100k miles For $10,000
                    Manual swap it, fix small issues, and you've got a really nice car for less than $15,000.
                    I do things.

Comment

I hope to one day have my car running right...one day...
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

My favorite call at the shop is "my car is leaking coolant, how much to fix it?" lol

What makes it more frustrating is when you explain to them why you can't price them out and then they ask for a ballpark lol

I just respond with "a million dollars"

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          My favorite call at the shop is "my car is leaking coolant, how much to fix it?" lol

What makes it more frustrating is when you explain to them why you can't price them out and then they ask for a ballpark lol

I just respond with "a million dollars"
                          Hahahaha.

If I hold the phone up to the car, can you talk to it?
                          I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Both cars are at the best price you can probably get them for now. I've been looking at some S54 powered cars also, but I cant decide between a Z4M or a E46.
                            Definitely agree about the price. Been watching them for the longest time.
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

wtf fail beyond belief

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-pc-2-5-Go....c100047.m2108

Comment

Space grade man.

Comment

Working...
                                X