Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by varg View Post
    A 6BT isn't a V8... I cannot consider advice from someone who would think it is lol
    Read first, read again, then get angry. Wrote Isuzu engines, and LBZ/LLY are the two I have direct experience with, not sure why you think I'm taking Cummins. Not much wrong with a BT series, other than their weight that is about equal to one solar mass.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Read first, read again, then get angry. Wrote Isuzu engines, and LBZ/LLY are the two I have direct experience with, not sure why you think I'm taking Cummins. Not much wrong with a BT series, other than their weight that is about equal to one solar mass.
      Why were you replying to me talking about engines I said I had no interest in? Not sure why you thought your post on duramax engines was relevant to my plans.

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
      I cut my own hair. I use a number 2 all the way around. Then I have my wife trim my neck and ears.
      Good. I was doing the same thing, minus the help, for years until I finally got tired of the thinning and just started shaving my head. Genetics got me good on that one, hairline started moving back in high school and by 29 you could count the hairs on my 'widow's peak' ish thing.

It fucking sucks.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

Why were you replying to me talking about engines I said I had no interest in? Not sure why you thought your post on duramax engines was relevant to my plans.
        What the heck are you talking about? Posting below another post without quoting it is just how a thread works.

Sounds like you might be having a rough day, so hope your evening goes well.

Comment

My wife has been trimming my hair since e46's were hot. I keep threatening to shave it bald, but she like this "faux-hawk" thing she does to the 14 hairs left in the front. When you been married this long, and have this many kids, you learn to just let the world accept you the way you are....
          ​
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Admirable. I figure I'll have as much hair as you by the time I'm 35.

What the heck are you talking about? Posting below another post without quoting it is just how a thread works.

Sounds like you might be having a rough day, so hope your evening goes well.
            Don't try to be condescending. You don't have to quote someone to reply to them when you're directly below. That's just how threads work.

See how that works? Now accept the misunderstanding and move on.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
              pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I havent gotten a haircut in 3 or 4 years LOL

Also, haven't shaved my beard in 3 months

I'm going to look like Tom Hanks in Castaway by the time this blows over.

Finally caved in and got a Vibrant muff. he he he

The e30 was too quiet.. Got boring.. Hopefully the new setup doesn't drone like a MFer, but hopefully going to a single 2.5 pipe to a long ass bottleneck resonator will help out.
              I think a resonator on a setup like this would be a must
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

I think a resonator on a setup like this would be a must
                I'm thinking the bottleneck on the car now will be good enough. Hopefully I dont regret this...

I think people who end up with bad drone end up with that from getting large ID dual pipes going through a dual in and out straight through muffler. We'll see, getting it put on tomorrow
                Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                Q
                :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

LLYs have their quirks, trust me I know, I have owned one for the last 13 or 14 years, would rather have an LBZ but those in good shape are like hens teeth soaked in unicorn piss even compared to my 110k mile LLY. Still would rather deal with a LLY/LBZ than 12v 6bt ( a 24v 6bt could be debatable depending on application) but the shipping crate and transmission options are still deplorable when it comes to any of the cummins options up to and including the v8 thing in Pitiful Datsun pickup offering a couple of years ago .
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Engine isolated from the truck, why is it that you'd rather deal with a Duramax? Not that I've worked on Duramaxes, but I have worked on the 6BT family and they are by all accounts a less problem prone engine (dowel pin and for 24V engine lift pump => VP pump failures, that's it) that is easier to work on. The same thing that makes a 6BT harder to work on than a car engine applies to a Duramax too; everything is heavy. But the duramax is also a hot V and at least looks like a bit of a pain when I've seen it. Example; valve adjustment on a 24V 6BT vs Duramax, just looking at the engine bay I'd rather do 3 6BTs than one Duramax.

One thing that's completely absent in me is any kind of fanboyism. Example. BMWs? Not a fan. E30; big fan. Call it an artifact of being on the spectrum or whatever, but I don't do brand favoritism, I get obsessed with the details. The best heavy duty SUV? From what I've seen plus my experience it's a Suburban. The best diesel engine in a non commercial truck? From what I've seen and my experience, 6BT. Put them together for a win. Conveniently there have been a lot of those swaps done so there are parts for it. Transmission choice is a bit more tricky.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    - updated 1-26

Comment

^^^ I would have to disagree on the SUV, as I've had both Chevy and Ford variants and the Excursion (IMO) is a superior vehicle over the Suburban.
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

We've had a 2008 Denali(suburban sized) and now a 2010 Escalade ESV. The motor in these straight up get up and go. I've pulled my jeep and my e30 and the escalade was awesome. It has airbags in the back and auto levels when towing. I borrowed a trailer to tow the e30 and the trailer was a 22' drive over fender type of trailer. Weighs more than the car.
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                          ^^^ I would have to disagree on the SUV, as I've had both Chevy and Ford variants and the Excursion (IMO) is a superior vehicle over the Suburban.
                          You're a wealth of knowledge on these sort of things as a professional. Mind expanding on what you prefer about an Excursion vs a Suburban?

Thigs I prefer about the Suburban over an Excursion, we're talking 2WD trucks here if I was going offroading I wouldn't be looking at big SUVs and there's no doubt solid front axle is better than IFS with serious offroading:
                          Double wishbone IFS vs Twin beam - If you're not doing HD truck things like loading the truck to gross weight the Chevy IFS is better. It rides better which is nice for a daily/something you want for space more than for raw hauling capacity.
                          Electronics - With an Excursion I have no choice but to deal with a newer style of vehicle with CAN Bus and stuff, GMT400 suburban is simple as.
                          Interior - I can pick and place Denali and Cadillac seats in either one if I want for comfort, neither is a nice interior stock, but the fords of the Excursion era I've been exposed to had god awful interior issues like cruise control buttons that turn to a sticky mess and fall apart. The GM dash bezel cracks, that seems to happen on all of them (my S10 included), neither of these is a real winner but the sticky mess cruise control buttons really bugged me in my Explorer.
                          Parts interchange - I see less parts interchange on Fords for some reason, weird stuff seems to change.

I wouldn't avoid a 7.3 Excursion if one came up for a good price.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          - updated 1-26

Comment

I have read nothing, and basing solely on experience. Aside from the 86 model, Chevy has failed to impress me since. This is not a professional opinion, it's based on my personal trucks that were put to the test, both as a work-horse, as well as a family hailer. Solid front axle isn't as bad as you think, specially if hauling, and they just always seemed to hold up better for me. The v8 got a weaker transmission, but anything v10 and up thru diesel, the f250 chassis has been king for many years.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

To add. In the early 00's we shopped for an SUV to for the family (then of 5), and test drove them all. The Caddy felt like an s10, same with TrailBlazer really. Denali was weak. The Excursion is a real 3/4 ton truck that is still comfy. Aside from the current Express 1500 conversion van, it was a favorite for the entire family - just miss the towing capacity of the Exie.
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:

Comment

Gotcha.

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                                Solid front axle isn't as bad as you think, specially if hauling, and they just always seemed to hold up better for me.
                                Rarely hauling, mostly just looking for space for bulky things and the occasional haul and big power so I can have fun too. I will occasionally tow a trailer (looking to get back into trackdays with a bike) or haul an engine or transmission, but not enough to justify that comfy GM IFS truck ride for extra capacity I'm just not going to use. It's never a bad thing to have a truck if you're a multiple vehicle kinda person like me, but with how rarely I would need the open bed, I may as well get something I can close and lock when I have planes and stuff in the back.

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                - updated 1-26

Comment

Working...
                                X