Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone have (or know someone with) an Isky groove-o-matic o-ring tool (100GRM) who would be interested in selling or renting?
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

    Comment


      I've been using a Samsung S4 mini since new (2013) and was recently notified that it will be obsolete in two months :( Still all original and on the original battery, worked fine. The salesman was pretty surprised to see me still using it lol. They offered me a deal of $240 for a new A51 phone, which isn't a huge discount, but I took it and now I'm finally living in 2020. I've never felt like more of a boomer.
      My Feedback

      Comment


        Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        I've been using a Samsung S4 mini since new (2013) and was recently notified that it will be obsolete in two months :( Still all original and on the original battery, worked fine. The salesman was pretty surprised to see me still using it lol. They offered me a deal of $240 for a new A51 phone, which isn't a huge discount, but I took it and now I'm finally living in 2020. I've never felt like more of a boomer.
        It's unfortunate that perfectly decent devices will no longer be supported. I'm still happily running my S6, and it does everything I need it to do, so I will also wait it out until the bitter end. The funny thing is that the vast majority of the things I have are old, cars, house, electronics, tools, lawn implements, and yet with a little care/adaption they continue to soldier along. I just hate to upgrade unnecessarily, it's wasteful, and the whole chasing the shiny new thing for the sake of having the shiny new thing is something I really despise.

        Comment


          Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

          It's unfortunate that perfectly decent devices will no longer be supported. I'm still happily running my S6, and it does everything I need it to do, so I will also wait it out until the bitter end. The funny thing is that the vast majority of the things I have are old, cars, house, electronics, tools, lawn implements, and yet with a little care/adaption they continue to soldier along. I just hate to upgrade unnecessarily, it's wasteful, and the whole chasing the shiny new thing for the sake of having the shiny new thing is something I really despise.
          With respect to electronics, often it is the hardware that can't keep up with the software utilization. That's one reason they they won't support older software. There is also the issue with having to support older hardware that can be vulnerable to hardware exploits.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

          Comment


            I’m in the same boat, I switched from Android to an iPhone when all the android phones seemed to be too big so I bought an iPhone 6SE which was the smaller 5 body with the 6 guts. I love it though it’s starting to show it’s age, likely due to al the software updates. People look at my phone like I’m carrying a flip phone lol Luckily Apple came out with a new SE which is bigger but still on the small side so I’ll probably get that on Black Friday
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

            Make R3V Great Again -2020

            Comment


              Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

              With respect to electronics, often it is the hardware that can't keep up with the software utilization. That's one reason they they won't support older software. There is also the issue with having to support older hardware that can be vulnerable to hardware exploits.
              Yeah, the more apps that I went to install the more I kept running into incompatibility issues and the apps that did work were starting to stress it. But the main reason my phone was getting dropped by the network is because 3g is going away, which I think is what my phone uses for actual phone calls. The first call I made on the new phone sounded so much better haha. I'm just sad because I wanted to see how long the thing would last, but at least verizon didn't just hang me out to dry and helped me out with a new one.
              My Feedback

              Comment


                Speaking of Apps and modern sh!t now that both of my cars are OBD2 Im researching an OBD2 Bluetooth reader and Apps to use with my iPhone. The one Ive found so far to be the best is the VeePak BTLE but there are two versions a "+" and a regular one for $40 and $33 respectively. I cant tell the difference between the two.

                Anyone know the difference? Is the extra few bucks money well spent or a waste?

                m going to have to get a few Apps also, so far looks like OBD Fusion and BimmerCode are the two to get
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

                Make R3V Great Again -2020

                Comment


                  IDK I just have one of these that I bought 5+ years ago:


                  And I bought Torque Pro. Worked on my mazda, outback, and some friends' cars, but not my M52, probably missing something on the OBD2 port I wired up though.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

                  Comment


                    That one is just for Android tho...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

                    Make R3V Great Again -2020

                    Comment


                      all of those basic scan tools are pretty much the same, outside of the UI

                      as long as you can check monitors, pull codes and watch .pid data, it will be fine
                      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                      Q
                      :devil:


                      WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post

                        Yeah, the more apps that I went to install the more I kept running into incompatibility issues and the apps that did work were starting to stress it. But the main reason my phone was getting dropped by the network is because 3g is going away, which I think is what my phone uses for actual phone calls. The first call I made on the new phone sounded so much better haha. I'm just sad because I wanted to see how long the thing would last, but at least verizon didn't just hang me out to dry and helped me out with a new one.
                        that's good to hear. The quality is better because the call is now able to transmit more data with the higher bandwidth protocols, LTE/4G/5G...

                        you still maybe able to keep the phone as just a wifi only type of device.
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

                        Comment


                          I PASSED my exam yesterday! This is the same one that I had failed twice before and the 2nd and 3rd attempts I had to pay to retake them... $800 each time...oof But I got it!
                          GCIH cert btw
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

                          Comment


                            That’s great!! Congrats
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

                            Make R3V Great Again -2020

                            Comment


                              anyone getting in cycling?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                That’s great!! Congrats
                                Thanks! Man I feel like a ton of weight is off my shoulders. Now to do all the other stuff I've been neglecting these last 8 months...
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X