Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, that's a lot of money.

I'm assuming that includes the truck purchase haha....

I love the clean look compared to other build where there's 1000 things hanging on various sides of the rig lol. The toyota thread has got me itching for a 4x4.... Two of my good buddies just picked up TRDORs
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
      Surpassed the $8x,xxx dollars spent with the addition of the front bumper, winch, cube lights, and other small accessories.

Phew.

Thing is a monstrosity.

New Stance by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr
      How did you end up like the coopers. Oh and the thing looks amazing and glad your geting out and enjoying your area so much
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Man it has been an expensive January.

Dampers on the second gen minis are garbage from the factory, so I was eyeballing Bilstein B6/B8 kits.
        Then it forced my hand when it shat out half a coil from one of the front springs.
        Ordered a B12 Pro-Kit to fix both at once.

Same day, my cat starts acting weird. Take him to the vet. Bloodwork/xray/surgery/meds later, he's on the mend.

Two days later, the outback sends its regards by means of dispatching its serpentine belt to space along with the tensioner.
        Naturally, as all Subarus, it needs wheel bearings. So I threw a set in the same order.
        In for a dime, in for a dozen, right?

Hopefully that's then end of it for a while.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          Damn, that's a lot of money.

I'm assuming that includes the truck purchase haha....

I love the clean look compared to other build where there's 1000 things hanging on various sides of the rig lol. The toyota thread has got me itching for a 4x4.... Two of my good buddies just picked up TRDORs
          My bank account agrees with you. Haha

Yes, includes the cost of the truck itself.

Thank you. It will ultimately have a few things on the outside, but they will be underplayed as best as I can make them.

4x4 is fun as hell. Opens up a whole new world of opportunities.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

How did you end up like the coopers. Oh and the thing looks amazing and glad your geting out and enjoying your area so much
            Thanks Sleeve!

Coopers are awesome so far. Road noise increase is minimal (truck is well soundproofed though) and road feel is slightly increased, but the grip is leagues above the OEM stuff, and even better than the Falken Wildpeaks (a very popular upgrade) my other Tacoma has.

A few offroad based trips coming up. I'll have better feedback on their effectiveness after that. Interested to see how they'll feel down at 12 or so psi.

Comment

4x4 is fun as hell.
              so is 1000bhp
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Mike - you should try to make it to the 4till4 adventure meet down in Scottsdale. I think I'll be going and this would fit in well.

26th of this month I believe.

Fourtillfour Event Schedule  from 7AM - 10AM at Fourtillfour Cafe Scottsdale & Fourtillfour Cafe Encinitas 1st Saturday – Porsches 1st Sunday – Motorcycles 2nd Saturday – Fast Cars 2nd Sunday – Aircooled Volkswagens 3rd Saturday – Shakedown (Vintage European & JDM) Last Saturday – Vintage Offroad   Sign up here for more event updates Fourtillfour is home to porsches + coffee, fast cars, shakedown,adventure mobiles + coffee, sunday motor club, rugged and refined, and the Fourtillfour Car Show. We're here to bring together a community that's centered around the love for vintage cars and adventures. Here's a collection of photos from 450+ events we've hosted right here in the desert and up and down the West Coast. Photo by @keithrossphoto Photo by @keithrossphoto Photo by @colehorchler Photo by @apex_dreamcars Photo by @keithrossphoto Photo by @defconbrix Photo by @miawoodside Photo by @keithrossphoto Photo by @keithrossphoto Photo by @jaredbhouston Photo by @drivingwhileawesome Photo by @slackrandy Photo by @keithrossphoto Photo by @jason_white_ Photo by @whatscience Photo by @averypapercompany Photo by @keithrossphoto Photo by @keithrossphoto Photo by @benzintinte Photo by @keithrossphoto
                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

My bank account agrees with you. Haha

Yes, includes the cost of the truck itself.

Thank you. It will ultimately have a few things on the outside, but they will be underplayed as best as I can make them.

4x4 is fun as hell. Opens up a whole new world of opportunities.
                  It does. Living in Southern California makes it hard to resist too...

what to get... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

so is 1000bhp
                    is the deal sealed on the FJ?

Comment

Thanks Sleeve!

Coopers are awesome so far. Road noise increase is minimal (truck is well soundproofed though) and road feel is slightly increased, but the grip is leagues above the OEM stuff, and even better than the Falken Wildpeaks (a very popular upgrade) my other Tacoma has.

A few offroad based trips coming up. I'll have better feedback on their effectiveness after that. Interested to see how they'll feel down at 12 or so psi.
                      Ran the ST Maxxes on my old 80 and my duramax loved them for everything I did with them, never needed to air down for the stuff I did so I have no 1st hand thoughts on it, but everyone I know that has says nothing but good things.

i am glad you mentioned the Wildpeaks as I am going to put a set of upgraded skins on the new tundra, and those have been on the short list just because the ST coopers in the sizes I am considering are either not made or $$$ more. Since good year bought cooper tire last year the prices have gone up by what seems a lot more than it should have, that said I would be interested in your feed back after you get a desert trip or 2 on them Vs the wildpeaks. As I am at a cross roads and now considering just building the TRD how I want it and letting my 80 series go to partially fund that endeavor.

Oh and thats a fantastic looking taco too BTW
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

is the deal sealed on the FJ?
                        Nope... stuff like this makes me want to stay distanced from it

Thats where the VIN is stamped into the frame... also rust sucks lol
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The rust I see in that pic is nothing to be worried about, the cut out vin tag and severely compromised frame would sketch me out

William Pitt-

Comment

Damn that is sketchy
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                              Mike - you should try to make it to the 4till4 adventure meet down in Scottsdale. I think I'll be going and this would fit in well.

26th of this month I believe.

https://fourtillfour.com/blogs/news/our-events
                              I would definitely like to do that. Thanks for letting me know. I'll add it to my calender!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

Ran the ST Maxxes on my old 80 and my duramax loved them for everything I did with them, never needed to air down for the stuff I did so I have no 1st hand thoughts on it, but everyone I know that has says nothing but good things.

i am glad you mentioned the Wildpeaks as I am going to put a set of upgraded skins on the new tundra, and those have been on the short list just because the ST coopers in the sizes I am considering are either not made or $$$ more. Since good year bought cooper tire last year the prices have gone up by what seems a lot more than it should have, that said I would be interested in your feed back after you get a desert trip or 2 on them Vs the wildpeaks. As I am at a cross roads and now considering just building the TRD how I want it and letting my 80 series go to partially fund that endeavor.

Oh and thats a fantastic looking taco too BTW
                                I will let you know what I think about the two different tires. The Wildpeaks get no complaints from me on most every surface. They only lack on really cindery stuff, where they aren't chunky enough.

I have never been stuck with them. And they handled the snowy roads in Flagstaff very well. Could even tug people uphill who had drifted off the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X