No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. The workweek just flies by now. Sadly the weekends too. I try to work on my car after taking care of normal stuff, and bam, it 's Sunday night... I've always looked forward to spare time to work on my car. But I can hear my boss now, "Just pay someone else to do it." Like man, yeah but no... I actually want to, but life gets in the way.

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

Where do you live?
      Halifax/Canada. Basically the only option is to buy by the pail or drum which is like $10/gal (if you ignore shipping and can store a drum at your house lol)
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Agreed. The workweek just flies by now. Sadly the weekends too. I try to work on my car after taking care of normal stuff, and bam, it 's Sunday night... I've always looked forward to spare time to work on my car. But I can hear my boss now, "Just pay someone else to do it." Like man, yeah but no... I actually want to, but life gets in the way.
        Maybe this is growing up and having more responsibilities, or maybe it's just allowing work to bleed into off-work time. I don't know, but I feel the same way. I'm looking forward to less of a commute and I'm hoping that'll help. I'm also realizing how many of my neighbors (San Francisco) have subscription services to save time. (Dog walkers, laundry, house cleaning, meal kits, food deliver) It's really amazing how much doing things for yourself takes up a ton of time.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

Maybe this is growing up and having more responsibilities, or maybe it's just allowing work to bleed into off-work time. I don't know, but I feel the same way. I'm looking forward to less of a commute and I'm hoping that'll help. I'm also realizing how many of my neighbors (San Francisco) have subscription services to save time. (Dog walkers, laundry, house cleaning, meal kits, food deliver) It's really amazing how much doing things for yourself takes up a ton of time.
          Not to be sexist here, but it's amazing to me that those tasks you described were normally performed by the woman of the house. The woman used to cook and clean, now she's out working.. ushering in the need for remedial people to fill in those remedial tasks. That's the cycle though, as a whole, we focus more on what we want to do, whether that's work or play, and outsource whatever we are willing to pay for.

Edit: This was on my mind because my mom doesn't like my girlfriend; says she doesn't take care of me the way that she took care of my dad, and the way her mom took care of her dad, etc. Like girls today aren't as nurturing. Just an oversimplification.
          Last edited by Chilezen; 03-21-2022, 08:06 PM.

Currently building a badass coffee table
          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I actually daily a GMC Savanna with a 6.6 duramax now. I try and take it in for service any chance I can. I don't want to work on it... but shops leave things loose. Then I am like there is no way out.

I save my time for E30 upgrades and service. But to daily an E30 is a great task. I'm pretty sure these old cars will cost you more than a new car if you calculate your time.

Everyday I avoid things that will suck my time away.
            Last edited by moatilliatta; 03-22-2022, 04:50 PM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Not to be sexist here, but it's amazing to me that those tasks you described were normally performed by the woman of the house. The woman used to cook and clean, now she's out working.. ushering in the need for remedial people to fill in those remedial tasks. That's the cycle though, as a whole, we focus more on what we want to do, whether that's work or play, and outsource whatever we are willing to pay for.
              Yeah, too bad wages didn't keep up with inflation. Now it's really difficult to have one person be the sole bread winner in the family.
              sigpic
              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

Yeah, too bad wages didn't keep up with inflation. Now it's really difficult to have one person be the sole bread winner in the family.
                My buddy moved to MT just so he can work and his wife raise the kids.

I agree with Chilezen. Too bad 'they' have stigmatized those very important tasks as demeaning. Also, too bad men widely lost the sight of how important all that is and didn't hold women up higher back in the day.

When I decided to have children, I'll make sure it's a one bread winner household with a full time parent. I'd rather not have kids than have them raised by baby sitters and teachers.
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Just to present the other side of it... a lot of women do not want to sit at home and raise the kids, clean the house, eat bon-bons, etc. They want to be stimulated by a career also. Assuming they are forced to work to pay the bills is a bit silly. Also, dont dismiss the benefits of children being raised by educated professionals and to be surrounded by children of their own age, both help their development.

I will agree that it has gotten quite expensive and its not easy to buy a home, but its not impossible. The problem is that people fall into this facade that they want to own a big home, have fancy cars, fancy clothes, fancy vacations etc, but also dont want to hustle to get to that level. Im also of the belief that there comes a point where the more money doesnt translate into a better life. Sure you can afford a nicer car and fancier vacation but you end up working so much more that the kids barely know who their parents are. I work hard, but also clock out and leave my work for work hours. I take my kid to the park, I get some time in the garage and enjoy my not-big home.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Something pretty cool happened today. I'll be sharing in a week or so.
                    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                      Something pretty cool happened today. I'll be sharing in a week or so.
                      why dont you tease yah boys a lil, dawg
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I can tease a little more...

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Uhhhhhhhhhhh.......

Gratz!!!!!!!

Comment

Yess yess

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

My buddy moved to MT just so he can work and his wife raise the kids.
                              Depends on the area of course. In Bozeman, the median rent has increased so much while I was there this wouldn't be possible for most people. Now I still think other cost of living aspects stayed low compared to other places but I also thought the job market was a little wonky for more specialized positioned.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

The best thing to do is to buy ASAP, get your foot in the door. Since we can assume there are no Boomers on here, the rest of us just need to have some type of appreciating asset thats not an E30. I've owned my townhouse for ~3.5 years now and its increased by $100k already
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X