No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That kind of fuckery sounds like something that would happen at my workplace.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
      That kind of fuckery sounds like something that would happen at my workplace.
      Seconded MINE TOO!!!!! spent most of the last 4 months cleaning up other peoples messes
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
        My local machine shop, which had specialty crank grinding and welding services, has closed. The owner retired, 51 years as a machinist then owner. Sad day, the shop equipment is sold off. One less machine shop in my county, and the only one nearby I had good experiences with.
        That really sucks.

I've been trying to get VAC to give me a quote for the machine work on my engine, but I'm just not hearing back from them. Several emails and I even talked to the guy while I was at VAC getting the f30 inspected. I honestly thought it would be easier to get someone to start working on this block.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

The guy we fired back in April is still causing problems... about once a month... I just find things that something isn't right, on something that I know he worked on. For example,
          One of our products is a bolt-in roll bar for a C5 Corvette. The very first bar I built was built within my boss's personal car. I designed the roll bar using his car, built it, then took it out, so the bar could be "jigged". Meaning, I would build the fixture/ the model/ the negative of the roll bar, so that we could make copies of the design to sell.

Except this was around the time the new guy was hired. So he was tasked with building the jig for the roll bar. He did, then we sent that first bar out to be powder coated. Got it back, then reinstalled it in my boss's car. Now we can started building duplicates.
          Fast forward, the kid goofs up here and there, and eventually gets canned.

Yesterday, I was installing an updated roll bar design in my boss's car. We changed the design slightly, I built it on the jig using the existing mounting points, had it powder coated, and then traded the old bar out for the new one.
          Except the new one didn't fit. Turns out, at some point, the guy had "reinforced" the jig, using a cross beam between two mounting points, to ensure those points were rigid.. because they weren't rigid to begin with. Even though the whole point of a jig is to be a rigid foundation for all subsequent bars. But he addressed that later down the line.
          However, his botched reinforcement actually pushed/pulled the two mounting points away from each other. So now the reference points were an 1/8" off. Pretty important when things need to line up in the car, every time, for every customer.

Good thing my boss had me build an updated design and install it in his car, otherwise I would have never known about this misalignment for every bar we would send out.

I discover a problem like this about every month both before and after his termination earlier this year. Coining the phrase, "Dakotah strikes again!"

Currently building a badass coffee table
          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Anybody else see this shit? Bunch of morons posting themselves in mostly newer M4s "swimming" through New York traffic and running from cops.

*Disclaimer*All the content posted here are altered to mimic and resemble real life. Nothing seen posted here should be copied or attempted in real life and ...

My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

I discover a problem like this about every month both before and after his termination earlier this year. Coining the phrase, "Dakotah strikes again!"
              We had a group chat at work called "Dammit Randy" for this very same reason... LOL

The machine shop thing is something that really scares me too. I had a few trusted ones and now there are even less. The most recent one, Engine Machine Services, in Inglewood just closed up shop. I'm so glad this happened on the tail end of the Twin Spark engine build. I'm going to make sure that engine is bulletproof, because it might be the last engine I get to build...
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I still know some good machine shops.

Don't worry boys
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                  My last job was terrible at hiring. They needed bodies so badly that they would hire basically anyone with qualifications directly out of school, and the pay was so shit that nobody else wanted the job. Probably 25% of guys coming in were near useless, and another 25% had their moments. Between the desperation and Union, I know of only one guy who was ever fired.

The last year I worked there, my job basically became "fix the fuckups" although to be fair, that was some of the best work I did there.
                  As backwards as this sounds, it was more chill after the customer had paid for the work once already.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Going on 14 years of turning wrenches

Time flies... I love it more than I did when I started..
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      Going on 14 years of turning wrenches

Time flies... I love it more than I did when I started..
                      If you're patient and stick with it you might one day be able to turn screwdrivers.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

If you're patient and stick with it you might one day be able to turn screwdrivers.
                        One day

0n g0d

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Sure but how about holding the flashlight still? I'm still working on that one.
                          sigpic
                          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

Sure but how about holding the flashlight still? I'm still working on that one.
                            You just need a couple beers to overcome the shaking

Comment

You guys have beers? My parents will only let me have juice boxes

Currently building a badass coffee table
                              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

You just need a friend with cool parents
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X