No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, luckily after driving it I want none of it... Driving cars usually ruins them for me. Especially when I drive the MR2 to go see them
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

The time of the long unloved NC is nigh, even if they feel cheap and somewhat heavy.
      Fastest bar of soap ever made.
      I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        I got nothing against truck owners, except for the ones who double park because they bought a truck thats too big...

Went and test drove a Lancia guys...
        That's why I got the Canyon, I test drove some full sizers but knew they would be a bitch to park.
        I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

That's why I got the Canyon, I test drove some full sizers but knew they would be a bitch to park.
          Full size trucks aren't hard to park, unless one buys a pointless 4WD sort of thing. Now would be the time for manufacturers to bring back the regular cab short bed sport truck and sell it for a premium.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Full size trucks aren't hard to park, unless one buys a pointless 4WD sort of thing. Now would be the time for manufacturers to bring back the regular cab short bed sport truck and sell it for a premium.
            Solid point.

All in all, they're not much harder than the "mid-size" (even though they are still big) trucks.

My main consideration was inner city parking garages, I visit NOLA a good bit, and those garages are murder on larger vehicles.
            I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

Solid point.

All in all, they're not much harder than the "mid-size" (even though they are still big) trucks.

My main consideration was inner city parking garages, I visit NOLA a good bit, and those garages are murder on larger vehicles.
              Fair, and we all love driving our small vehicles around only to end up completely visually obstructed by two larger vehicles making our reversing out of the mandatory front end parking only space no better than randomly pulling out in to traffic with your eyes closed.

Comment

Im more referring to parking lots with smaller parking spots and some a$$hole in a Raptor parking in two compact spots or something stupid
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Im more referring to parking lots with smaller parking spots and some a$$hole in a Raptor parking in two compact spots or something stupid
                  Fortunately Raptors exceed or come extremely close to typical parking structure heights on the East coast. Perhaps CA has different typical heights. But yes, that would be impossible to park, as would something like a crew cab 8' bed 3/4 ton, which would likely block the travel lanes.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

The housing market here, DFW(Dallas/Ft. Worth) In one area, Rockwall(out side of Dallas) heard people paying $60k over asking...they didn't say the total cost of the house but still, that's crazy. Someone else said they offered $30k over asking and was outbid.
                    I missed this topic, house prices are going nuts here as well. Selling prices on my street have more or less doubled during the pandemic, and have sold for up to 90k over asking. New build one street over just sold for 910k, which is insanity.

Rental prices are no different though - the most dilapidated apartment building in the city is renting for $1425 + power...
                    I think a lot of people are jumping to buy their own place after years of thinking that it wasn't worth it. I have 5 of my close friends who have bought in the past year

Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

I missed this topic, house prices are going nuts here as well. Selling prices on my street have more or less doubled during the pandemic, and have sold for up to 90k over asking. New build one street over just sold for 910k, which is insanity.

Rental prices are no different though - the most dilapidated apartment building in the city is renting for $1425 + power...
                      I think a lot of people are jumping to buy their own place after years of thinking that it wasn't worth it. I have 5 of my close friends who have bought in the past year
                      In the 11 years I've owned my house, it has more than doubled in price. If you sell, then you need another place. Building is almost out of the question as costs there have skyrocketed too.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Northern how are things going up there? I keep hearing they are going to lock you guys down again... any truth to that?

They announced a June 15th opening up in California and it feels like its so far from now
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Northern how are things going up there? I keep hearing they are going to lock you guys down again... any truth to that?

They announced a June 15th opening up in California and it feels like its so far from now
                          Our vaccine supply isn't as high as would be nice. I think my province is at 35% of people with one dose, still vaccinating from eldest downward in 10 year increments, I think we're in the 50-60 range now?

We were at ~20 active cases for months and things were open May-Nov last year, then Jan-end of Apr this year.
                          "Open" is kind of vague, but I mean restrictions on large events, wearing masks indoors for shopping, no close contact gatherings >10, eventually expanded to >20 people unless you are socially distanced in some sense.
                          The only difference between last summer and a normal summer were a few of our friends who didn't want to hang out in groups (not sure if anxiety, work commitments, or just anti-social lol)

Currently in a lockdown because some knob came in from Ontario where they are having issues controlling cases, didn't isolate or attempt to distance themselves, went to some wedding and spread to like 30 people, then fucked off back to Ontario lol.

A few days later, we locked down again and we're getting like 200 cases/day. Cases are starting to taper off, so I think we'll be back at it by June.
                          Last edited by Northern; 05-12-2021, 11:34 AM.
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

^^^wow.

FL as a whole is down to ~3-4k cases/day out of 22m people (2mil in my county, ~3-400 cases/day), and aside from public places/business requiring masks inside, the entire state is completely open. Wife/I already got a jab, wife is about to get her second, and my oldest son (17) has an appointment this week. Hard to believe it was "from Orland" as much as it was most likely the travel that got them. EDIT: Just looked up Orange county (Orlando), they have 2-300 cases out of 1.4m peeps.
                            Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 05-12-2021, 07:26 AM.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

The housing market here, DFW(Dallas/Ft. Worth) In one area, Rockwall(out side of Dallas) heard people paying $60k over asking...they didn't say the total cost of the house but still, that's crazy. Someone else said they offered $30k over asking and was outbid.
                              Yeah seeing that here too, I think your area and mine are actually tied for fastest and hottest markets right now. I was told that there were only like 13 houses for sale in my zip code, and all but one were under contract and that's because it just hit the market.

Originally posted by Northern View Post

It is absolutely insane. Thankfully my lady and I can make do with her house, but I'm seeing houses in my general area that are listed $100k more than what I expected them to be at... or that houses in my area were listed at... 30 days ago... so after I paint and get new carpet and done some fixings on mine before I list... I wouldn't be upset if I got what I'm expecting plus that... This is likely the only time in my life I'm gonna make money off of real estate honestly, so I'm rushing to get mine as clean and nice within reason and tiny budget.

Most housing markets are going nuts now... its wild

Speaking of wild, my imagination is wild. Theres just an absolutely stupid project I want to build next. I need a lobotomy
                              Hahah! I'm not gonna post it, but I saw a E46 wagon I'd really consider snatching up after my house sells, but it will likely be sold by that time. I'm not test driving anything until the house is sold, but I still need to test drive an egolf. That + sticky tires for the super short commute... I still think it may be the winner.

I think AZ has more per-capita Raptors than any other state, it's insane. My 8 passenger LX (which honestly rarely transports more than 2) is TINY in comparison to any full size. It's nuts and yeah some drive like assholes and park like absolute shit.
                              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

Yeah seeing that here too, I think your area and mine are actually tied for fastest and hottest markets right now. I was told that there were only like 13 houses for sale in my zip code, and all but one were under contract and that's because it just hit the market.
                                Which area are you in?
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X