Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

Haha, I like where your head is at, but this next purchase for a fun daily is to alleviate the need for a little bit for a project. I still really want an E30 touring, but only one of these things gets a garage spot, the rest will be subjected to harsh the harsh Arizona outdoors, likely under a cover/covers of some sort, but still, I've become very jaded with being able to garage the LX. Need more garage space.
    Theres your answer lol

I have a strict 1 car project limit because of garage size and a happy marriage lol... if somehow, someway the Alfa becomes not-a-project ( ) and the E46 Wagon continues to make me feel MEH, I could possibly convince the wife that I can sell the E46 and get another project, but man... am I dreaming or what!? lol
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Haha! Yeah, exactly. My lady is always gonna have a spot for her car that's her only request which is totally fair. So even if we score a 3 car garage in the next house and it has an RV gate... that doesn't help a ton if I have more than 2 cars myself.

Did spot a house with a 3 car and an extra 2.5 car behind an RV gate, that would do quite nicely. (A guy can dream right?) Said house sold in like 7 days for I think 50k over asking. :o
      Last edited by DEV0 E30; 06-22-2021, 11:53 AM.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

The transformer styling really has grown on me, it's special and not like anything out there.
        What? Have you seen most modern cars? All sharp edges and aggression.

Comment

Here's some nonsense:

Just in case anyone is wondering, it takes some serious coin to try to reliably put 700+ hp to the ground.

Playing Peek-A-Boo

M3 Work Round 12 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Tremec T56 Magnum-F with Hybrid Gear Ratios

M3 Work Round 12 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Bellhousing arrives tomorrow. I already have the 1,000 hp twin disc Monster clutch in the garage. Getting close to putting it in my M3.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Dang Mike, things are getting pretty serious.

Comment

Dang Mike, things are getting pretty serious.
              Buy once, cry once. This transmission will be with me for quite some time, as it is as bulletproof as you can get.

Also, now that I have grown older, I no longer have to sell an old car to fund a new project, and this M3 is a tribute to my father, so I don't foresee it going anywhere, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

Buy once, cry once.
                Kinda how I feel too with the Alfa. I spent more on Alfaholics suspension pieces than Ive spent on any E30 Ive bought in the past, but I figure now my suspension is "done" until I win the lottery and can buy all the titanium parts to save those last few ounces
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

Buy once, cry once. This transmission will be with me for quite some time, as it is as bulletproof as you can get.

Also, now that I have grown older, I no longer have to sell an old car to fund a new project, and this M3 is a tribute to my father, so I don't foresee it going anywhere, ever.
                  Solid plan.

Comment

Do you have any pics of your Dad with an E36 M3?

I only ask because though my Dad was never a car guy his first car was a ~50s Giulietta with 4 on the tree, back in Iran. I found this pic of him and knew I needed to have an Alfa. Never got excited about the 4 door Giuliettas, but loved the Giulia so I made that my "tribute" car to him. We even cruised 3-deep to Beverly Hills this past Fathers Day for a rich-boy parade. Got to see a real 250 GTO, a bunch of McLarens, a Miura... and Caitlin.

This is a pic of my Grandpa in front of it

and this one is when the car overheated and everyone was pulled over to cool off. Internet High 5 to whoever can pick out my Dad lol

Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

I do not actually. My dad, like myself, never really enjoyed pictures of ourselves for some reason.

I do have some vivid memories stored in my brain though, and that's plenty for me.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

What? Have you seen most modern cars? All sharp edges and aggression.
                        Lol, truth. The CTR has grown on me as well, but I drew the line with E46 M3.
                        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I'm just going to take a minute to put this out there; whoever at GM decided to use a rubber coated piece of stamped steel retained by an internal snap ring for the 4th gear accumulator cover on a 4L30E; from one engineer to another I hope you lose sleep at night over that decision. What a piece of shit, and an enormous pain in the ass to replace in an E34, where there is nowhere near enough clearance to do the job without the special tools

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                            I'm just going to take a minute to put this out there; whoever at GM decided to use a rubber coated piece of stamped steel retained by an internal snap ring for the 4th gear accumulator cover on a 4L30E; from one engineer to another I hope you lose sleep at night over that decision. What a piece of shit, and an enormous pain in the ass to replace in an E34, where there is nowhere near enough clearance to do the job without the special tools
                            OTOH, it's quick to assemble from new and is cheap, so that engineer sleeps quite well since they've never had to turn a wrench even once!

The better question is, why are there GM transmissions shoehorned in to BMWs? Certainly the GM auto box behind the M44 is a complete pain in the dick to remove without pulling the entire engine/trans together (if this is even possible), so I suspect that some other transmission was designed to go there, and then cancelled.

Comment

I saw from some picnic photos, the #Fukr3v guy was there but haven't been following his builds. Kinda funny though

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I should try sliding in his girl's DMs again
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X