Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
    Nah, diamonds are forever. Not getting out cheap.
    Ha, rocks somehow make good gifts, we're a silly people.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

She does, but was also tagged to make sure she saw it.
    Well, it's a good setup to make her think that you forgot her so you can spring that elaborate romantic gesture you have planned. Right? Right??

Comment

I planned to ... but havent done anything. I hate this day and she knows it
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I planned to ... but havent done anything. I hate this day and she knows it
        The cult of consumerism run amok, and most of us understand that.

Not too different from days when eggs that pop out of the rear end of a rabbit are to be gathered, or days when we are expected to buy a TV to honor dead presidents, or even days when we need to use up the strategic reserve of green food coloring for the year.

Comment

Alternatively a reminder to keep in contact with family when life is gets to be a busy messy blurr.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Alternatively a reminder to keep in contact to family when life is gets busy and messy.
            Isn't that idea somewhat in opposition to the diamonds are forever thought process?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

The cult of consumerism run amok, and most of us understand that.

Not too different from days when eggs that pop out of the rear end of a rabbit are to be gathered, or days when we are expected to buy a TV to honor dead presidents, or even days when we need to use up the strategic reserve of green food coloring for the year.
              LOL well put
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Definitely companies are marketing and banking off holidays. As always, its what you make of it.

My diamonds remark was a dry humor response. But diamonds and whatever fulfills peoples lifestyle too.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Definitely companies are marketing and banking off holidays. As always, its what you make of it.

My diamonds remark was a dry humor response. But diamonds and whatever fulfills peoples lifestyle too.
                  Fair enough.

Comment

You better do something!

I'm keeping it low key, but it the thought that counts. Some flowers, a card, a silly balloon, and making dinner.
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                      You better do something!
                      why though?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

My wife and I get a pizza, sometimes a heart shaped one - that's been our thing.

But really we don't buy things for each other on this day, we share stuff on random occasions not so much on pre-defined holidays. Also, we've been spending money together on bigger things like house stuff/yard/etc.

In car talk.

I've been contemplating a kswap for the next E30. Also considering F20c (S2000) swap into an E30. I've seen it done in 2002s so it should work in an E30, but is it the dimensions of the tranny that are causing them to not be as prevalent? Kswap is likely still the go-to, but I like the idea of the f20 too.
                        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

What are you doing
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Just go out to dinner and grab her a flower(s) or something, I'm sure she'd apricate that.

LOL @ the matrix vid.
                            I drew that matrix and plotted all my friends sisters where I thought they landed and sent it out HA! All my friends w/o sisters thought it was funny. The others did not.
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

why though?
                              My partner and I both think its a silly "holiday", but it's still nice to get a nice gesture.

That being said, I find it stressful.
                              sigpic
                              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

My partner and I both think its a silly "holiday", but it's still nice to get a nice gesture.

That being said, I find it stressful.
                                Maybe the point is to have the day be extremely stressful so the night can be filled with stress relief.

Comment

Working...
                                X