No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this talk about the housing market makes me proud I worked my ass off to buy my house in 2012. It's now worth 3x more than what I paid, and since my brother moved in the rent he's paying has reduced my total monthly expenses to less than $1000. If only I'd had the state of mind to put more effort into remodeling my house to make it worth even more, along with saving up to buy property on or near Lake Michigan... The weather is pretty gloomy for like 5 months, but I still fear greedy investors will discover this area, buy up all the nice coast line properties, divide up the acreage, and ruin the vibe with awful luxury housing developments.
    My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

Gotta buy a second e30. This is how we will keep r3v fresh. We need to start over every year with new cars. Its like that Zelda Majora Mask game where it always resets the timeline.
      I have intentionally not updated my 4door thread specifically to keep r3v fresh.

Definitely not because I'm lazy and haven't so much as looked at the car in over a year...
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

I have intentionally not updated my 4door thread specifically to keep r3v fresh.

Definitely not because I'm lazy and haven't so much as looked at the car in over a year...

I love that pile!...

BTW I nearly bought this...

Pretty bummed as its as close to a 'barn find' you can get in Los Angeles, and while the price isnt bad its the timing that kills it. He gave me until today to get it otherwise its going on BaT which Im sure he will sell it for 50% more...

To make myself feel better Im going to go look at something more logical that has a 30 at the end of its chassis code... gotta keep r3v fresh right? lol
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

To make myself feel better Im going to go look at something more logical that has a 30 at the end of its chassis code... gotta keep r3v fresh right? lol

If it's a S30 I'm going to be extremely jealous

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

E30 > Anything else.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Who has Hagerty for there e30 here?

Been thinking about switching over
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                E30 > Anything else.
                If MrBurgundy would sell me his vert, Id be back in one, but he likes having too many cars and wont share the love...

This one is also open top and rear wheel drive at least... but we'll see
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

If MrBurgundy would sell me his vert, Id be back in one, but he likes having too many cars and wont share the love...

This one is also open top and rear wheel drive at least... but we'll see
                  They're all mine hehehe

My problem is that I have a parking lot lol

So, I just got quoted from Hagerty @30k full coverage for 800 a year. That's not a bad deal at all.
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Why do we not get any updates on it???
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Why do we not get any updates on it???
                      Cuz it's (been) waiting for a paint job.. it's a pretty boring process lol.

Still the best 400 bucks I've ever spent. I've never driven an e30 that runs better than that one. Even my IS can't compete with that thing for some reason LOL

Comment

I love that pile!...

BTW I nearly bought this...

Pretty bummed as its as close to a 'barn find' you can get in Los Angeles, and while the price isnt bad its the timing that kills it. He gave me until today to get it otherwise its going on BaT which Im sure he will sell it for 50% more...

I don't get why you don't buy it and put it on BaT? I am certain you can find someone to drive your Alfa for a bit while you sell the Lotus that would temporarily occupy your garage and then use the proceeds to buy another E30.

Comment

BaT would want me to have a title in my name, so that one step alone adds ~3 months to my holding period. I'd inevitably want to put the motor into the car and start cleaning it up. Im sure I would make a killing but with all the work I'd put into it just to let it go it doesnt feel like the juice is worth the squeeze. Besides, Im trying to keep my wife happy from shenanigans...
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            Who has Hagerty for there e30 here?

Been thinking about switching over

I do, it's like $550 a year for agreed value (pretty high value IMO) and 5,000 miles a year (I'll never come close...)

Comment

Originally posted by BouncyTach View Post

I do, it's like $550 a year for agreed value (pretty high value IMO) and 5,000 miles a year (I'll never come close...)
                              damn I thought 800 was cheap LOL

Maybe it's a California thing.. I have a perfect driving record and I'm about to turn 30, so I got everything going for me..

When I bought my genesis coupe at 23 my full coverage was 150 a month HA!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

damn I thought 800 was cheap LOL

Maybe it's a California thing.. I have a perfect driving record and I'm about to turn 30, so I got everything going for me..

When I bought my genesis coupe at 23 my full coverage was 150 a month HA!
                                Your zip code is paramount, your gender, driving record, age and credit also matter, so it's hard to compare costs fairly.

Comment

Working...
                                X