No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a lot of miles for 6 days! Did you plan & book your stops ahead of time, or just sleep in whatever town you ended up in? I ask because I've approached a few trips both ways.
    I don't know what the terrain is like between Montana and Washington, I assume plains and then mountains. What notable stops are inland there?

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

That's awesome! You described the trip I want to do in so many ways.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
        That's a lot of miles for 6 days! Did you plan & book your stops ahead of time, or just sleep in whatever town you ended up in? I ask because I've approached a few trips both ways.
        I don't know what the terrain is like between Montana and Washington, I assume plains and then mountains. What notable stops are inland there?
        Going down the coast for me we had towns picked out and hotels booked. But Bozeman to Seattle is about 11 hours and had done that many times so no stops there this trip. Western Montana and the bit of Idaho were all mountains. Eastern Washington is mostly arid land until you get closer to the Cascades then mountains again. Have done Maryland to Montana twice and that was drive as far as possible, once late in the day, Google an upcoming town with a hotel to stop in. Some interesting tourist road side attractions along the way just long enough to get cash, food, and to stretch.

Photo from another trip above the Columbia River in central Washington.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Definitely need more pictures. Either in a thread or insta. Just started following ya.

Comment

Word, pics!

I just roughly mapped out a fantasy trip. Google maps

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Love me a roadtrip in an E30. Can't wait to get mine on the road.

I'm getting close!

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                Definitely need more pictures. Either in a thread or insta. Just started following ya.
                Gotcha back. Guess this is a good time to upload all my e30 pictures and update my thread haha.

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                Word, pics!

I just roughly mapped out a fantasy trip.
                If ya stay on 90 at the SD/WY border, there's a really good sub sandwich shop in Buffalo Wyoming haha. Use to always stop there as a half way spot for Bozeman to Denver. Also your path on 212 will give you "if I break down, I live here now" vibes.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

Gotcha back. Guess this is a good time to upload all my e30 pictures and update my thread haha.
                  It is indeed!

Unsure if updated: Sold the EM1. It was fun, but did a little better than break even, went to a good home, my friend the previous owner to me has access to buy it back some day if the new owner ever decides to, so good news all around.

Time to refocus on the touring.

Comment

Season 4 of this beastly m20! The sounds....

Sunday's race starting P2. I had a little bit of speed for the leader in the early stages but still at a deficit to that Z3 performance. A failure in our con...
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                      Season 4 of this beastly m20! The sounds....
                      Cool video, any idea what your top speed hits on that front stretch?

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

Cool video, any idea what your top speed hits on that front stretch?
                        It's a client. I built the head. It has a 4.27 and redline is 8500rpm with 245/45. Theoretical top speed is 158.

Should be close. Our old race car was clocked at 147 with 205/50 4.10 at 7200rpm.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:

Comment

It's a client. I built the head. It has a 4.27 and redline is 8500rpm with 245/45. Theoretical top speed is 158.

Should be close. Our old race car was clocked at 147 with 205/50 4.10 at 7200rpm.
                          That's awesome
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Thanks. It really is a thankless job. Most of my clients don't want published information in their car. This fellow was making 208whp/198wtq four years ago. The head came back in late 2020 for some updates. No new Dyno numbers, but that's a 2.8l z3 he is gaining on for comparison. EP Class, SCCA.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

Thanks. It really is a thankless job. Most of my clients don't want published information in their car. This fellow was making 208whp/198wtq four years ago. The head came back in late 2020 for some updates. No new Dyno numbers, but that's a 2.8l z3 he is gaining on for comparison. EP Class, SCCA.
                              What intake?
                              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

What intake?
                                EP class is up to .5" valve lift, valves must be stock diameter, throttle body, intake manifold, crankshaft must be stock. Exhaust and ECU are open, 12:1 max compression. I flowed a stack of stock heads and picked the best one - no porting allowed, but we were able to get more flow just in the valve job and using SuperTech valves with the 6mm stems.
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:

Comment

Working...
                                X