No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you future plans? Are you thinking about buying another house? Do you have a compulsion to always have your credit cards maxed out? If you can say no to both of those, then it probably doesnt make a lot of difference. Even if someone steals your identity, you arent responsible even if it can be a pain to prove as such.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
      Am I the only person who has some weird thing against increasing my credit card limit?
      The bank keeps trying to raise it, and I always ignore/say no, but I don't actually have a reason for this? Are there any real pros/cons to increasing the limit (mostly concerned about credit rating...)
      Access to more credit while not using will increase your scores, allowing you to barrow under better terms, in the future if you should need or wish to. Buying home, funding a business venture etc..... Nothing wrong with having access to a decent amount of credit so long as you use it responsibly. I have a card with nearly a 30k limit, and I only use about 2k a month on it to run most of my travel bills though, I get lots of points and perks to use it (they pay me), so they keep raising my limits
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        I have a card with nearly a 30k limit, and I only use about 2k a month on it to run most of my travel bills though, I get lots of points and perks to use it (they pay me), so they keep raising my limits
        Yeah, I have an Amex with the same setup. I use it for my gas and grocery purchases (where 70% of my money goes) and I rack up the points like crazy. I pay a yearly fee of $100, but the amount of equivalent points I accumulate annually far exceed the cost. Paying off the card monthly also helps.
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Anybody familiar with turbos and specs?

I want to single turbo the 1JZ in the IS200 and I can't decide between an eBay remanufactured Holset HE351CW, or a new Kando/Kinugawa/Mamba TD06-20G 10CM. Spool is a bigger concern than power potential because it's a daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post

I want to single turbo the 1JZ in the IS200 and I can't decide between an eBay remanufactured Holset HE351CW, or a new Kando/Kinugawa/Mamba TD06-20G 10CM. Spool is a bigger concern than power potential because it's a daily.
            Got any maps of those turbos at all?
            "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
            The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              What are you future plans? Are you thinking about buying another house? Do you have a compulsion to always have your credit cards maxed out? If you can say no to both of those, then it probably doesnt make a lot of difference. Even if someone steals your identity, you arent responsible even if it can be a pain to prove as such.
              Only future plan right now is to get through school for the next 4(?) years on my wife's income. I would love to work somehow, but my schedule makes that pretty hard. Not going to move anytime soon, maybe build a garage after I get out of school.

I went for it. Fuck it, why not.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              Access to more credit while not using will increase your scores, allowing you to barrow under better terms, in the future if you should need or wish to. Buying home, funding a business venture etc..... Nothing wrong with having access to a decent amount of credit so long as you use it responsibly. I have a card with nearly a 30k limit, and I only use about 2k a month on it to run most of my travel bills though, I get lots of points and perks to use it (they pay me), so they keep raising my limits
              Wasn't sure which way it would affect my credit, so that sounds good.

If you're in the price range of the kinugawa stuff, I'd look at borg airwerks stuff. Indestructible, OEM quality, and even the SX-E line (Billet wheel + 360deg thrust bearing) is still cheaper than most of the kinugawa stuff.

I have an S257 SX-E on my E30 and I'm really happy so far (coming from an HX35/40).
              Borg only seems to only like T4 inlet/Marmon vband outlet housings, but you can get T3 housings through AGPturbo.
              So we're talking $790 with a T4 housing, or $875 with an AGP T3 housing.
              Should be good for 400~450whp, the bigger S300 series has a load of options if you're looking for more than that.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Grandparents set up sort of a mini trust for me when I was little. It's Got a decent amount in it and I am thinking of taking it to the stock market. It's Doing no real growing where its at so thinking about investing and letting it grow. I Have no real desire to touch the money for another 30+ years so I think i could come out alright if i got in now. Anyone else invest?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

If you're in the price range of the kinugawa stuff, I'd look at borg airwerks stuff. Indestructible, OEM quality, and even the SX-E line (Billet wheel + 360deg thrust bearing) is still cheaper than most of the kinugawa stuff.

I have an S257 SX-E on my E30 and I'm really happy so far (coming from an HX35/40).
                  Borg only seems to only like T4 inlet/Marmon vband outlet housings, but you can get T3 housings through AGPturbo.
                  So we're talking $790 with a T4 housing, or $875 with an AGP T3 housing.
                  Should be good for 400~450whp, the bigger S300 series has a load of options if you're looking for more than that.
                  The S257SX-E with the AGP .63 T3 V band housing does indeed seem like great value. It would end up around $1500 by the time I get it to Australia though which is pretty much double what I'm looking to spend. I'm sure the Borgy is a better turbo, with its extended tip and billet wheels but just a little beyond what I want to spend.

Kinugawa is like $800, and a used Holset is $300-$800.

Comment

This tinnitus is torturing me with bad memories as I lie awake at night trying to sleep. One e30 related memory that's killing me is from 2002, sophomore year of high school, the e30 obsession begins and I wanted to buy an early model e30 because I actually liked the metal bumpers because I thought that made them look more european... . In 2004 paid $4500 for a minty looking 98k mile 325es on ebay, sight unseen, which ran like crap and later discovered had been in an accident. I failed miserably trying to convert it to plastics and then totaled it in 2007 after abusing it. What I would give to go back and easily find a clean '89 325i sedan or 318is slicktop instead for like $3000 max. If I'd been mature and learned how to properly take care of it I'm confident I'd still have it today. I'd have memories of it getting me through high school and college (could have gone to med school), getting me to my first residency, getting married, and eventually retiring it to a fun weekend car. Tinnitus and e30s are complete mindfucks.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                    Grandparents set up sort of a mini trust for me when I was little. It's Got a decent amount in it and I am thinking of taking it to the stock market. It's Doing no real growing where its at so thinking about investing and letting it grow. I Have no real desire to touch the money for another 30+ years so I think i could come out alright if i got in now. Anyone else invest?
                    My grandpa lost a sickening amount of his retirement in the stock market. On the other hand, my parents are the sort of people who put most of their money into real-estate because my dad doesn't trust the stock market or investors. When times were good he'd say he was a millionaire, but not so much any more. They're in their mid 50s and they have no retirement savings whatsoever, just some property they're hoping to make money on. If it was me I'd open up an IRA or something and let a professional manage it. Since my brother is a personal finance guru, when I quit my job I transferred my 401k into an IRA that he set up for me at his firm and so far he's been making me money without me having to do a thing.
                    My Feedback

Comment

Am I the only person who has some weird thing against increasing my credit card limit?
                      The bank keeps trying to raise it, and I always ignore/say no, but I don't actually have a reason for this? Are there any real pros/cons to increasing the limit (mostly concerned about credit rating...)
                      how much of your limit you're utilizing is one of the factors that impacts your credit score, so a limit increase is actually a good thing if your spending habits don't change as a result of having it.
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post

The best thing when it comes to investing is to give your investment time to grow. If you have 30 years until you expect to use it, be aggressive. If you need it in less than 10 or 5 you need to be conservative. That's probably why someone's grandparents lost money in the stock market unless it was 1929, but that's a different story.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

lmao

Comment

The S257SX-E with the AGP .63 T3 V band housing does indeed seem like great value. It would end up around $1500 by the time I get it to Australia though which is pretty much double what I'm looking to spend. I'm sure the Borgy is a better turbo, with its extended tip and billet wheels but just a little beyond what I want to spend.

Kinugawa is like $800, and a used Holset is $300-$800.
                            Ah, I just assume everyone on here other than me is in the US.

Looking at the Kinugawa site, they look like they're ~$900USD, which is why I mentioned Borgs.
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              The best thing when it comes to investing is to give your investment time to grow. If you have 30 years until you expect to use it, be aggressive. If you need it in less than 10 or 5 you need to be conservative. That's probably why someone's grandparents lost money in the stock market unless it was 1929, but that's a different story.

this.

If it was a shorter deadline (like you were closer to retirement age) I'd look at the Bond market. I've been throwing a few here and there in Municipal Bonds.. It's not a bad deal, you pretty much know any public project will never pay their bonds off in time (it's for the children?) so they will hit their maturity rate. Heck, there was a few I picked up for my daughters 529 that was almost pennies on the dollar - crazy cheap! Usually though, you gotta buy in 5k blocks.
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I done goofed.

Who would have though torsen differentials had to be timed?

Popped 2 of the gears out and didn't think to mark their position against the others, even though I noticed the timing mark, I didn't recognize it as such.

So, 4:1 mod is done... Just have to figure out the position for 2 of these gears. Luckily a friend has a O1E laying around and is going to lend me his center diff so I can copy the timing positions.
                                No E30 Club
                                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X