Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Anxiety sucks. Been having really bad panic attacks and anxiety this week. Went to doc and got some meds hopefully this helps.
    I wouldn't take the scrips they prescribe for that, like xanax. That shit is garbage. My friend was going through the same thing and his doc recommended he change his diet and exercise (his diet was shit and he didn't really exercise) and it helped him.
    Originally posted by wholepailofwater
    Q
    :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      I wouldn't take the scrips they prescribe for that, like xanax. That shit is garbage. My friend was going through the same thing and his doc recommended he change his diet and exercise (his diet was shit and he didn't really exercise) and it helped him.

Well i took a sleeping pill last night and that really really helped so they gave me essentially the same pill just one that is more meant for anxiety. My diet is decent. I rarely eat fast food and usually snack on fruits and only drink gatorade, water and low calorie healthy fruit juices. I'm not the most active though and honestly have been a hermit that last year or two which could be playing a roll.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Xanax, the drug they give you to make you feel better about life. On the flip side, it just might make you want to kill yourself.

Friend of mine shot himself a few years ago. He had a drug problem, but was an otherwise successful person with a good job.

Took a bunch of Xanax one night, and I guess something happened where he felt a lot of guilt for his life. Next morning he woke up, told his brother he loved him, and went out back to finish it all.

I don't know what roll the Xanax played in this, but I had just seen the guy a few days before and he was his usual self. Even his suicide notes left more questions than answers, very hastily written in a way that felt he hadn't considered that his solution was permanent.
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          Well i took a sleeping pill last night and that really really helped so they gave me essentially the same pill just one that is more meant for anxiety. My diet is decent. I rarely eat fast food and usually snack on fruits and only drink gatorade, water and low calorie healthy fruit juices. I'm not the most active though and honestly have been a hermit that last year or two which could be playing a roll.

I'd give exercise a try, it's amazing what exercise can do for you physically and mentally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Q

Comment

I'd give exercise a try, it's amazing what exercise can do for you physically and mentally.

Yea I have my BMX bike that i have been trying to ride more. Only get out about once a week and ride 4-6 miles usually but then i just chill. And i'm currently un employed so its just me and my thoughts which anyone knows is the worst.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Sorry to hear that man.

Definitely get more exercise. Huge helper. While your diet doesn't sound as atrocious as a typical Americans, it could still use a lot of help.

I'd also recommend filling your head with some good stuff. Positive messages, things like that. I highly recommend Les Brown's 'Getting Unstuck' as a great place to start.

It may not be your style, but I'll be damned if hearing his words, the way he speaks them, isn't incredibly profound.

I'm big on mental health, positivity, the bright side, etc. Please PM me if you want any opinions/strategies.
              My previous build (currently E30-less)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

It helps to meal prep, so you don't find yourself looking for food. Foods that are most convenient tend to be the shittiest for you.

Every week, on Monday, I get home from work and prepare 75% of my meals. I'm talking; weighing out foods and calculating carbs, protein, fat blah blah blah. That in my opinion, is the best tip for sticking to a healthy diet. I use myfitnesspal to help with figuring out what to eat and how much of it to eat. Some people are like, "omfg, I only eat saaaaaaaaaalaaaaaaaaaaad with fukin nuts, I'm so healthy!!!," but it doesn't work like that. I was also surprised, when I switched over to this "diet" or whatever, how little calories I was getting in a day. After weighing my food out, I realized that I wasn't eating nearly enough everyday.

damn im so now, all these hippy festivals are getting to me.
                Q

Comment

Thanks guys. I definitely don't want to use xanax and my doc knows that. Others in my family have had great luck with cetelipram or how ever you spell it which is an anti depressant/ anxiety pill. It pulled me out of my depression when i was younger. No doubt my diet and exercise could be fixed it helps that i do have a garden and farm fresh meat so i don't get any of the extra bull shit they try to give us. I just talked to a good friend with a BMX bike and we are making it goal to get out every day or every other day depending on weather. I will have to get me a gym membership again come winter.

Exodus that is horrible what happened to your friend it definitely wasn't the solution and I'm sure had he let people know what was going on could of been talked of the ledge so to speak.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I can't hype it up enough. Great people, awesome venue, and great production. It's really an experience of a lifetime.

After reading this post reminds me of an event called "Connect" that I went to on the prairies several years ago. So many ppl were on acid, weed etc. I'm very sensitive so I had a couple of drinks each night. Man, never made out with so many chics in the same night! (or ever...). They were so different too, like one had a shaved head except for her bangs and some weird mullet thing (kinda sexy when your in the moment). And this other one who I went to HS with...she wasn't that hot, so I knew I was doing her a favor by making out with her....yeah, I'm considerate like that.

Anyway, after the weekend was over I recall feeling the same way about the experience. There was no consideration for fancy gizmos, or status. The only priority was being in the moment and allowing those around you to do the same and just enjoying your surroundings.

Man, what I'd give to be back there again

:nice:
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

May I suggest having sex

with females?

btw Love the new sig MrBerg
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        May I suggest having sex

with females?

btw Love the new sig MrBerg

I ain't judgin'

:giggle:
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Anxiety meds I got have been helping. Me and my buddy went for a long ass bike ride last night and it felt great started on 156th street and road straight down to about 100th so close to 60 city blocks. My heart rate is still kinda high my counting has it around 80-90 BPM but the meds keep me from noticing it and being able to function normally. Hopefully i am able to over come it with good diet and exercise because i really hate taking non natural medications. I did finally get off the ganja(one of greatest decisions of my life)and i wonder if thats not playing a major roll cause it was 6-7 years daily and now I'm down to nothing. I'd be the first to say I did have a problem and I'm glad i was able to over come it my self. Sorta

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Good for you for self care. Weed is dangerous only because it ISNT dangerous in the way harder drugs and alcohol are. Its easy for the body to get used to having it and then when it doesnt, it creates a mental urge that can distract you and not allow you to be you.

I got totally sober on 12/10/09 and it was the best thing Ive done in my life.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Good for you for self care. Weed is dangerous only because it ISNT dangerous in the way harder drugs and alcohol are. Its easy for the body to get used to having it and then when it doesnt, it creates a mental urge that can distract you and not allow you to be you.

I got totally sober on 12/10/09 and it was the best thing Ive done in my life.

Yes exactly. People think its not addictive just because it doesn't have the harsh side affects when your craving it or having withdrawals. So it makes it extremely easy to become dependable on it and not even really knowing it. Which is exactly how i was. It was morning, lunch and dinner and maybe in between when I would blaze up. This went on for years.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

i just wish i could give it a try. i get random drug tests so.....i'll have to wait until i retire in about 20 yrs....

fun factoid: supposedly, those drug tests don't look for mushrooms? does anyone know if this is really true?
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X