No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't really need to do anything with the trailing arm. Swapping springs/shocks in the back is easy. It's the front that's a pain - which is what i've been in the middle of doing for the past, I don't know, 3 months? Fuckin strut tubes started rusting inside, I need to wire wheel it/grind down the rust, then treat with naval jelly, etc. which I really just don't feel like doing. I've got another few weeks before spring, so whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
      You don't really need to do anything with the trailing arm. Swapping springs/shocks in the back is easy. It's the front that's a pain - which is what i've been in the middle of doing for the past, I don't know, 3 months? Fuckin strut tubes started rusting inside, I need to wire wheel it/grind down the rust, then treat with naval jelly, etc. which I really just don't feel like doing. I've got another few weeks before spring, so whatever.
      Well, I'm swapping the trailing arm, since it's tweaked. But I hope to god that's not my case as well...
      88 325i Cabrio
      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Oh, good luck. My rear alignment is pretty f'd, so I'll have to do that eventually. Not looking forward to that job.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
          Oh, good luck. My rear alignment is pretty f'd, so I'll have to do that eventually. Not looking forward to that job.
          Yeah, I took on a pole and won, but not without battle scars.
          88 325i Cabrio
          04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

An oldie, but a goodie
            ;D

Sexy Saxman Saxogram
            For more vids like this check out my main channel at: http://www.youtube.com/mikediva For Booking Please go to http://thesexysaxman.com/International Saxagra...
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
              Any words of motivation from you guys for me to swap out the suspension to the Billy/HR's off of my old E30? I pushed it into the garage a couple of weeks ago because the guibo killed itself(again) a couple blocks from home. I no longer have the money to spend on a mechanic for it, or even for AC in the Neon because of all of the vet bills for our dogs, among other things. I don't have a compressor at all at my house, I assume air tools would make it a hell of a lot easier. Any pep talks from you guys for me to take a few days off and bust it out? I also should mention I'll be swapping out a trailing arm, as well.
              Man, you sound kind of depressed. Have your woman give you a bj or two. That always cheers me up.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                Man, you sound kind of depressed. Have your woman give you a bj or two. That always cheers me up.
                When does my gf give you bj's?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                88 325i Cabrio
                04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

Lol my gf doesn't do car work and she gets pissed if I take a long time on the car. I might just do a little bit at a time, since I'm not too hard-pressed to get it done. If I already have the other suspension assembled and everything, it shouldn't be too bad, no? I know I have to take like everything apart to get to them.
                  It's your life and all, but it's not really okay for her to get pissed off if you need to take time to get work done that needs to be done?

Even if she doesn't turn a wrench she can spend time with you while you work. Work can go faster if she just hands you tools, she can learn, you can get an extra pair of eyes if things go sideways or get someone to get you to take a break at the right time, and she can support you in something you presumably enjoy.

Comment

He's saying it makes him happy when others get a BJ. He is a true bro.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      Getting a bj or two from his girlfriend would cheer me up too.

2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                          It's your life and all, but it's not really okay for her to get pissed off if you need to take time to get work done that needs to be done?

Even if she doesn't turn a wrench she can spend time with you while you work. Work can go faster if she just hands you tools, she can learn, you can get an extra pair of eyes if things go sideways or get someone to get you to take a break at the right time, and she can support you in something you presumably enjoy.
                          Exactly. Break her in slowly. The results will be great. My wifes dad has always been into cars, as a kid she'd be dicking in the garage with him, hed set her up with somethin g to do and she'd finish it. For a very long time I'd go in the garage and go dick around on something, and she'd never come in and see what I'm doing. I just figured she wasn't interested in it like most ladies.

Until I fucked up my hand one night breaking a bolt loose. I just needed 2 bolts to get loose and I was done for the night...I asked if she didn't mind coming to help me since I hurt and needed more leverage. She tried to pop a bolt and then turns and says you need a breaker bar....
                          Wtf, you know what a breaker bars is!??!

Tldr I didn't know my wife could wrench and I never knew it because I assumed and she never came in the garage to hang out because she figured I was out there trying to relax and have alone time. She's good, if I vet stuck on something she ends up figuring it out for me. I'll admit it. She's a good lady.

Comment

Two 6am observations:

1: The BMW Canada "Build and Price" tool should be avoided at all costs. It ruins my mood when I realize they don't make 5er tourings, and when I compromise and choose the 3er touring, it's only available as an auto 328 or 330. What ever happened to fast wagons?
                            At least Mercedes is doing it right with the E class wagon, with AMG variant. Hopefully there will be a few used non-AMG's around in 3~5 years to scoop up for a decent price.

2: I need another 700 words for this shite paper, and it's quickly becoming my lowest priority.
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Oh.....oops. I didn't know you didn't know
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                                He's saying it makes him happy when others get a BJ. He is a true bro.
                                Flyboy for Bro of the Year
                                88 325i Cabrio
                                04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

Working...
                                X