No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T bolt clamps suck. Just use regular hose clamps.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Use spring clamps for maximum difficulty and minimum reliability. Then constantly complain about that unreliable car you own while being sure to tell everyone that it's better than their car in every way.

This would become your life with faux gold charge pipes.

Comment

so after cutting and fitting the pipes then grinding that gold shit off
        do you then re-gold anodize again. fail.
        those china clamps suck because they break at the spot welds. i've broken many. buy name brand when it comes to those.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
          so after cutting and fitting the pipes then grinding that gold shit off
          do you then re-gold anodize again. fail.
          those china clamps suck because they break at the spot welds. i've broken many. buy name brand when it comes to those.
          No silly, you'd use spray paint, probably Rustoleum, and do no prepwork whatsoever so the paint really has a chance to adhere to nothing.

Comment

Pre-dented charge pipes? You can tell how thin they are, the 90° has a dent in it already. The nice thick stuff I have been using takes at least a 4" drop for that to happen.

T-Bolt clamps work decent, but as mentioned gotta buy good ones. The OEM BMW hose clamps with rolled threads actually do quite well as they don't strip very easily like the ones with the holes as threads.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9cwn2A9.png
Views:	798
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	9897121
              I do things.

Comment

Shopping for a new phone sucks.

I don't do social media aside from some instagram, I don't play mobile games, I don't watch movies on my phone, so all I want is a decent basic smartphone.
                • <=$200
                • sub 6" screen
                • decent camera
                • good long term (a couple of years) durability and updates for inevitable bugs
                • not discontinued and therefore already NOS sitting in its box, battery decaying slowly
                • not loaded with bloatware and nonremovable apps
                It doesn't seem to exist. Motorola doesn't seem to update past a year, samsung seems to like bloatware and huge screens, iphones are ungodly expensive ($500+), USB-C equipped Nokias have charge connector problems. Mindboggling how crap the offerings are for reasonably priced phones.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                - updated 3-17

Comment

how long do u keep a phone for?

Comment

I bought a used iphone 6s from gazelle, replaced the battery after a few months otherwise perfect. Just like maintaining an E46 instead of buying a brand new Camry, lol

Comment

how long do u keep a phone for?
                      I've had my current phone for 4 years. I just don't care enough about smartphones beyond the basic functionality to spend a large amount of money on them or "upgrade" often... I turn off the location services and voice assistants and disable most of the included apps that can't be uninstalled. I have less apps on my phone than most people's phones had from the factory. The only reason I want a new one is that the new batteries I've bought for my phone over the last year and a half sucked because they probably were NOS and I cracked the screen last summer. I'd be content to keep it if I could get a good fresh battery for it, because I think its awful performance and crashes are related to the extremely limited battery capacity.
                      Last edited by varg; 01-08-2020, 05:42 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      - updated 3-17

Comment

I had a Galaxy S3 for 5 years before it finally stopped connecting to 4G networks entirely.

Comment

I am way too rough on phones to buy anything fancy, so I go for rugged. LG has been treating me well. I had the Stylo line a couple times, but this last phone went with the q7 and I am impressed so far. It has been dropped in a bucket of water, been covered in coolant, hit countless times with the creeper wheels and aside from the one time it fell just right and tossed the screen protector, it's holding up to my abuse. Normally I just get the discontinued or older phone - whatever they have for ~$100, but my son wanted to help me upgrade for Father's day. Still, I wanna say it was only $180 when it came out and is down to $100 now. Because it's water resistant, the battery is non-removable, so it has a water tight slot on the side for the SIM/SD and only qualm so far is a couple times when getting jarred pretty hard the SIM loses contact, but just takes a reboot as a fix.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

My Pixel 2 had a great camera, maybe see about getting one of those used.
                            I do things.

Comment

Haven't really been looking at used phones since I'm going to have to get the battery replaced if it's used, and that means I have to track down an actual new battery and adhesive strip kits (if the construction is anything like my old samsung) or take it to a shop. By the specs it also looks good aside from the lack of an SD card slot, only a few mm larger than my samsung. Most phones on the market now are just so damn huge, I would actually prefer smaller than my S5 but it seems such a thing doesn't exist, at least not without going with shady chinese brands.

also, is it possible to get all of the google trackware out of a pixel or is it one of those situations where they locked the bootloader down hard like my S5 and it's impossible to root?

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                                I had a Galaxy S3 for 5 years before it finally stopped connecting to 4G networks entirely.
                                funny my galaxy S3 did the same thing. I also finally broke the screen since I took it out of it's lifeproof case. Ended up taking my brothers old iphone 6 and it was terrible lasted almost 2 years however plus the 4 years my brother had it. Broke that after dropping it on a concrete floor while away for work and ended up buying an iphone 8 for $400 a couple month ago. It's okay none of this stuff is worth the money in my opinion, but the 8 was the smallest most practical phone. They really tried to sell me on a 10 or 11 but honestly I have no interest in either of them. I would go back to an android but there really isn't any phone I like anymore. Wish I still had my S3...
                                -Dee
                                5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                                IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Working...
                                X