Clear All

Originally posted by eduTechnic View Post
    So deep the top of his saddle hits his belt button

Sent from my Note 2
    There nitto b23a track drops pic is deceiving b/c wheel is turned
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leegf View Post
      mine. riding without a brake in the city is illegal you know ;)

Yea they gotta catch me first! 😉 rocking that no brake life with clip ins
      sigpic

Comment

Gives me nightmares of riding track. Crazy bikes. Best brand ever.

Sent from my Note 2
        Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

Alot of nice bikes in here,

My 61 cm De Rosa Team with Campagnolo Athena 11 spd, I just recently upgraded my wheels to Mavic Ksyrium's..

1988 BMW 325iS

Comment

Rad! Ive got a De Rosa King with an ancient record groupset. Love these italian frames

Sent from my Note 2

Comment

Rad! Ive got a De Rosa King with an ancient record groupset. Love these italian frames
              Nice! I would definitely like to upgrade soon to a carbon frame once I can get some money, and hopefully some Campy Record groupset.
              1988 BMW 325iS

Comment

Carbon frames are way overrated, and Campy Record will go forever. My '99 Chorus group had about 60K miles on it and one crash when I sold the bike it was on. It still worked perfectly like the day I first installed it. It was on its 6th frame (4 Santa Cruze Roadsters, 1 custom Strong, and finally a Cannondale caad8 when it went away.) Campy stuff is built well from the best materials. That is why its stupid expensive, but the good news is that its fixable if need be.

Will
                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

True. Mine seems to auto shift down in the top granny gear and next cog down. Probably a bad piece in the ergo lever. Keeps pissing me off when im standing up a climb and I get that fun little surprise

Sent from my Note 2

Comment

True. Mine seems to auto shift down in the top granny gear and next cog down. Probably a bad piece in the ergo lever. Keeps pissing me off when im standing up a climb and I get that fun little surprise

Sent from my Note 2
                    Check your stop, and you might have the cable just a hair too tight. It could also be due to frame flex. I've had that happen (on a carbon frame no less) You might also have a slightly tweaked hanger.

Will
                    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Good leads there. I just straightened the hanger and the stops are great. Pawls are worn and I'm sure it's somewhat flexy. Plus I weigh like 210...

Sent from my Note 2

Comment

Hello all,

I am looking for a aluminum frame, 16" bike for my kid. So far the only model I have found that fits the bill is the Specialized Hot Rock.

Apparently Gary Fisher made some kids bikes, but I cannot find any online.

What should I get?

Any help / direction / insight is appreciated.

Mark
                        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Trek makes kids bike. So does Scott. Felt does too but those might be too big.

Get the Scott.
                          sigpic

Comment

Can I get some insight/opinions???

I am looking to buy a road bike. I just got excited about cycling again this summer.
                            Since all I had was my original Trek 460 (don't laugh!), I rode it a few times this summer on 15-20 mile rides. I've now retired it to permanent fixed trainer status, and need to replace it.

I was looking at a Felt Z95. This would be my first "modern" bike... Is this suitable to get back into the swing of things? I'm not looking to ever ride competitively. This is for personal fitness and enjoyment.

Also, I have a vintage Kona Sex-One with the oft destroyed Marazocchi air/oil front shock. I have been unable to find a replacement shock, since the head tube is a funky size. Anyone have a lead on where I could find a replacement?

Thank you for the help! E30's I know... bikes.... I'm lost!
                            Last edited by UNHCLL; 10-19-2013, 07:03 PM.
                            Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                              Trek makes kids bike. So does Scott. Felt does too but those might be too big.

Get the Scott.
                              Thank you, John!

Is there a good place to find used bikes? I checked CL and eBay; normal bikes are plentiful, but the aluminum-framed kids bikes are few and far between.

The one Gary Fisher that I found is on the east coast and the seller is not willing to ship.
                              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Not really, kids bikes or basically anything smaller than a 52 are pretty hard to find. Check out the classifieds at roadbike review. There's a velodrome here that does swapmeets but try checking out something like that near you and see if there's younger racers that are outgrowing theirs or maybe they are picked up by a sponsor so they might be given a new bike. You might be able to find a used one that way.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X